Chicago Asylum Office

An Action after 5 months.
A notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I730 REFUGEE ASYLEE RELATIVE PETITION.
They are asking this after 5 months of application even without interview. I feel this is just to extend the time period. I am now waiting their mail and will send documents they are asking.

oakkas

Do you have a lawyer? Please contact him soon

Any updates?

Hi,
Does anybody have any new information or status update? Kindly share with us. It has been 118 days and I am still awaiting interview notice, I applied at Chicago office.

Waz!

Hi all who applied at Chicago office, is there anybody with an update?

I still haven't received my interview notice yet, I've been waiting for about 160 days. Good news, I applied for EAD yesterday.

Waz!

Hello everyone,
I am from Minnesota and had applied on October 2012 and still waiting for an interview.. They approved my work permit though.
Asked them several times about the status, but all the replies I got was that I am outside their area.
Still waiting for the interview.. I have been waiting for about 14 months now- for interview!!
Keep posted people!

Rival AlSQrYbr

Hi,

I applied with Chicago asylum office in the beginin of October 2013, within two weeks I received fingerprints notice and within the next 2-2,5 weeks interview notice. The interview was dated November 12, 2013. Right now I am waiting for decision to be mailed.

The interview was at 1pm. Together with my family listed in the application and our attorney we came there earlier, checked-in. The AO called us at 1:10pm. The interview lasted about 1,5 hour and it was...very good I should say. I have a very clear and strong case. The AO was polite and even friendly. I really hope that the decision will be positive.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Hi,

I applied with Chicago asylum office in the beginin of October 2013, within two weeks I received fingerprints notice and within the next 2-2,5 weeks interview notice. The interview was dated November 12, 2013. Right now I am waiting for decision to be mailed.

The interview was at 1pm. Together with my family listed in the application and our attorney we came there earlier, checked-in. The AO called us at 1:10pm. The interview lasted about 1,5 hour and it was...very good I should say. I have a very clear and strong case. The AO was polite and even friendly. I really hope that the decision will be positive.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Hi Lana, you are very lucky to get the interview on time. Were you in status or out of status when you were called for interview? I am in status, maybe that's why many more folks here are not called for interview yet because of that. Good luck with the decision, God bless!

Hi Lana, you are very lucky to get the interview on time. Were you in status or out of status when you were called for interview? I am in status, maybe that's why many more folks here are not called for interview yet because of that. Good luck with the decision, God bless!

Thank you for your support. I was already out of status when applied for asylum and when called for interview. I really hope that decision will also come on time.
I also wish you good luck! May this holiday season bring us a miracle!

I applied for Asylum on October 2012 and still waiting for an interview... I am on F1 expiring on May!!

Hi,

Good luck everyone!!!!

UPD Still waiting for decision :(

Need help

I made my interview in Chicago asylum office from 3/2012 and iam still pending asylum is that normal and is Thant good news or my be I will take denied after all this period

I made my interview in Chicago asylum office from 3/2012 and iam still pending asylum is that normal and is Thant good news or my be I will take denied after all this period

It's normal. Some people wait for years and years.
You can send a status inquiry to the asylum office where you had interview. You can also contact your state's senator's office. As far as I know they can also help with pending applications, they can send status inquiry on the senator's behalf.
No matter how long you wait it doesn't mean you'll get a denial.

Waiting for interview notice from chicago

I am in F1 status , and also applied for asylum since July 2013 - I did get the biometrics done like two weeks after initial submission - but since then I have been waiting for interview notice (from the Chicago office) here in Minnesota. so far 9 months. Applied for EAD since december 2013 and this is also still pending