chest x-rays required for medical?

Denmark

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if USCIS is requiring chest x-rays for the medical exam even if the T.B. test comes back negative? The civil surgeon thought that sometimes USCIS will reject the application for family based immigration if the x-ray is omitted.

If you were born outside of the U.S. and were given BCG, there is a possibility that TB test will come out reading positive.

I told my physician that and he skipped the skin test and just had me do chest x-ray, which of course was negative.

I dont know why they would reject it if you are negative on the skin test. However they seem to use different standard for people who were born outside the US. I was told that 10mm would be positive for me when its like 15 or 20mm for person born in US, not sure how true that is, but was told so by doctors in Kaiser.

It really depends on the civil surgeon that you choose.

I called different ones, one said that I was going to undergo the skin test...and the other the X-Ray, I prefered the X-Ray. Nothing else was needed.

If your civil surgeon still wants to get the X-Ray, then get it...at the end s/he is the one who will sign those papers.

Good luck

Just to clarify, I did mine in 2005. I just noticed there were changes on I-693 and skin test is required unless you are going through AOS by the 1986 reform (could be skin test or x-ray).

i had my exam in 2005 as well, and yes, I skipped the skin test, coz I could and coz it might have been positive anyway because of BCG. I didn't want to lose several days so I did x-rays.