Chennai NOVEMBER / Confirmed or Likely

imihelp

Registered Users (C)
I was told that I could expect an interview in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is entered at chennai consulate on 9/12/2003. So am expecting the November interview and mine is EB2 Category

I have received the mail again today:
The exact date will be known after October 12.

Ravi

if you guys wish you can call chennai consulate, provide your mdr numbers and find out interview details. One can call between 9am-4pm M-F Indian time @ 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)

mine was forwarded to chennai on aug 26th. Expecting november interview. Mine is EB3 category.

considering that they list the interview dates in the website on october 12 th, approximately when do you think we will be receiving the interview appointment letters for the addresses in india and usa?

I can talk for usa consulate bbay and i am assuming it is true for other two consulate viz new delhi and chennai. Normally interview dates are decided by 9-10th of the month for next month and then between 11th-15th everything is verified before it is published on 15-17th of the month. Hence I made the statement that If you want you can call the consulate either tonight / tomorrow and they will provide interview details.

singarb:

depending on when the interview date is fixed for a candidate..p4 is mailed within a day or two of the confirmed interview date. For October interview dates most of the p4's were mailed by bbay consulate on 4th and 5th september. I received mine in usa on 29th sept..and my attorneys received an attorneys's copy of interview letter on 30th sept. So it takes about 3.5-4 weeks to receive p4 once it is mailed. My impression is that it gets mailed to certain embassises/ consulates in usa from where it is mailed to specific candidates and their attorneys. I say this bcoz my p4 has a usa postage stamp from washington dc and not a indian rupee stamp.

normally indian addresses get p4 within 1 week of mailing and max upto 2 weeks if the mailing address is in inner rural areas.

My mother received a letter informing that she has GC interview on the18th of November. Case was sent from NVC on 12th September. (oops edited now to 17th September)

Can anyone please recommend a hotel close to medical checkup and the consulate?
thanks

oops! Now I am confused,
brb2
in your mail: the last line
NSC EB2; PD 11/01; I-140 AD 03/02; CP (Sydney) 07/02; DOE-POE 08/02-LA; Card 09/02.

What is sydney over there?
Ravi

Immihelp: You are right the correct date her case was sent to Chennai was 17th September not 12! Thanks for pointing it out.

rvalla: I am an Australian citizen (of Indian origin) so did my CP interview in Sydney. Just to put things in persective, my mother has been sponsored by my brother for green card and she is appearing for her interview next month in Chennai.

Coming back to my previous posting can anyone recommend some hotel placed conviniently?
thanks.

All:

I feel comfortable saying that if one who is TRULY eligible and expecting November Interview gets through the consulate phone lines tonight they will get their interview details. The reason I say this is bcoz it is already 10th Oct in india. Tomorrow 11th october is the last working day this week. 13th October being Columbus day is a holiday for the consulate! So if i am now wrong all consulates probably have decided by now the november interview dates!

singarb:

Most P4's must've been mailed or will get mailed by tomorrow so that they reach in time in usa which is by end of this month!