Chennai NOVEMBER / Confirmed or Likely

Originally posted by Now4CP
Thank you Jayram;

Mine is EB2 category. A couple of questions question.

Does the lister lab close by 10:30 ?.

What happens if we arrive later than 10:30 ?.

Thanks again

You can go to lister_labs after 10.30 and You will get the results by next day between 4.30 to 5.30pm.

Latest Travel date

When should I be travelling to Chennai from US at the latest in order to attend my interview on 17-Nov ?

I would say atleast 3 working days before interview date.

1 day for lister and photos
1 day for doctor
1 day just in case the doctor is sick!!

I guess we can expect them some time next week.
How early should we have our medicals done ? Keeping in view that the interview is on Wednesday, Is it safe to have doctors appointment on Monday ?

Thanks

Need help on Documents.

As I am leaving for Chennai on Monday for the November Interview , I have questions which I need immediate help. I have already posted this question in the main forum, but I thought you might also help me here.

In the TO DOs before leaving to US list many of you have said the following things. And I have questions regarding them.

1. Cover letter/Appoitment Letter & OF - 171.

What is OF - 171. Is is something we get along with the appointment letter? If not, pls let me know how to get it.

2. Take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC)

Is the letter we received from NVC acknowledging that the payment is received and that we have to fill the bio - graphic form DS 230 Part 1 and send it to NVC?

3. At the time of Interview, I am seeing all of you mentioning that we need to take the Biographic Form DS 230 part 1 and part 2 (unsigned).

I remember sending a signed DS 230 Part 1 to NVC. But not Part 2. First of all we dont have the original DS 230 Part1 with us, and second, we dont have a part 2 either. Is this something that is expected in the appointment letter. Please clarify because I dont have neither of them, except for a copy of signed DS 230 PArt 1 that I sent to NVC.

I appreciate your comments. As I am leaving for India, an immediate answer would be great.

Thanks.

I too have the same doubt as singarb about the DS230 part 1. My mother too has received the part 1 forms along with packet 4, for her next month's interview in chennai. I presume NVC sends the file which contains part 1. Why would chennai want part 1 to be filled again??
Any comments?
thanks.

Medicals

How early should we visit Chennai for medicals ? I was planning to have them done on Monday(Nov 17th) and appear for the interview on Wednesday(Nov 19th).

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Day 1 - 7.30 AM Lister
10.30 AM photographs
11.30 AM Blue Dart Demand Draft
4.30 PM Collect Lister Lab reports
6.00 PM Medical examination and Vaccination
Day 2- do nothing!
Day 3 - Interview
Day4-5 wait for Visa packet from Blue Dart
Day 6 night - Depart

Brb2,

What did you mean by wait on day 4 & 5 ?. Do you have to wait in Chennai for the Visa packet ?.

I was reading through a Visa experience document posted on this forum and some people had to wait 2 days to receive their Visa package from Blue Dart. At the moment it takes a day to get the packet. But it would be risky to plan to fly out the next day just in case they take more than a day to issue and send over the Visas.

That makes more sense. The only thing is to make it clear to your relatives NOT to open the package! Else you might have to make a visit back to the embassy to seal the contents in to a new envelope. Lastly your relative can let you know if your name and date of birth are correctly entered. Everything else can be changed at POE including your address where you want your green card to be mailed out. Blue dart want photo ID of receiving person. So you will need to make sure that is done.

I have asked my mum to give a relatives address and go back to Bangalore the next day rather than waiting for it in the hotel. You can't even go out, in case the courier comes when you are not there!

Tax Transcripts

IRS has sent the tax transcripts for the years 2000,01,02.
But the transcripts are without any IRS stamp. The transcripts look like a plain printout from a notepad/word document.

Just wanted to make sure, that this is normal.

Thanks !

Affidavit of support

1) I see two forms in the Chennai Consulate regarding this. I 134 and I 864 both are for Affidavit of support. Which one should I use while sponsoring my wife ?.

2) Also I see Of232 Part 2 under packet 4. Where would I find DS-230 part 2. I remember I filled DS230 part1 along with Packet 3.

3) Finally, the Affidavit of Support form has 2 pages, Is it ok to print each page in separate sheets or has it to be printed on a sigle page ?.

Gurus, Please help.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by brb2
I too have the same doubt as singarb about the DS230 part 1. My mother too has received the part 1 forms along with packet 4, for her next month's interview in chennai. I presume NVC sends the file which contains part 1. Why would chennai want part 1 to be filled again??
Any comments?
thanks.

The DS 230 Part I is sent along with the packet 4 , just in case
you want to correct some information which you have put
when submitting with packet 3.

Just carry a copy of the form as you have submitted earlier or
make the necessary changes and take it with you to the consulate. If there are no changes they may not keep it.

Raju