Chennai Feb Interview Thread!

P3 Status???

I just called Chennai, the lady asked me to check my email and put down the phone. And when i checked my email it just has 2 words
Packet3 - received.

FEDEX tracking shows it was delivered on 11/17.

Now does this mean that they are just acknowledging they receieved it
and entered into the system or did they just receive it and not ente re d into system.

What is the e-mail address ??

To what e-mail address did you send the request? and what information did you provide in the subject matter ?

No Title

It means your Case is entered into their system. Mine was received by Chennai consulate on 11/19 and today i got a reply mail saying that my P3 was received and appt likely to be in Feb 2002

ChennaiIV@state.gov

It is on their web site also madras.sphynx.com.
I also have an update. I sent a reply to them asking about
my appointment and got a reply saying it is likely to be in Feb.
SO i guess they might have entered it into their system.
Also Chennai i think is very prompt in replying emails.

Mine is the same case as ur\'s...

Chennai recieved my pkt3 on Nov 19th.
I emailed them enquiring about the status & they replied
 pkt3 - Recieved
 Appt. likely in Feb.

So should I assume that they entered my case into the system?
How can one know if the case has been enter into the system or not? Should one need to talk to the operator or something?

So guys, I guess we should discuss the next steps as to how/what we have to do for the preparation for interview...

Fingers Crossed

I am a bit worried about this PCC shit going on.
I have sent an email to Chennai Consulate regarding this.
I have lived in the U.S for the past six years and India only.
Hope we dont need it.

No Title

Hi all
I mailed my P-3 on Nov 20th. Sent an email to Chennai consulate 2 days ago and they replied saying that "Yes we recd P3" no info on when they recd it or when i can expect the interview. Most probably Feb interview.
GCDespo
Dont worry about the PCC thing. I have been tracking a few threads in this board about that and the conclusion is that we dont need PCC from india if we have lived only in India and US and you are applying for GC from US and in employment category. So relax.....

My concern is about P4. I saw in a couple of threads that Chennai consulate is not mailing P4 to US addresses in time. Some people who have Dec interview still have not recd the P4 (and the interview letter that comes along with it). Any ideas ???

Thanks
Sujatha

No Title

Chennai Consulate doesn\'t send P4 to US addresses. Just they send appointment letter. You can download P4 from Chennai consulate web site and take it with you.

List of docs. of Packet 3 to be sent to chennai consulate ?

Hi

I just got approved of I140.

I\'m waiting for NVC case number.

I would like to know list of docs. to be sent to chennai consulate.

I know that we need to send

169 & 230 forms.

Do we need to send birth certs, passport, marriage certs, evidence of support etc. also ?

Please let me know.
thanks

Bala

Bala, P-3 docs.

230 for each applicant (One for you and one more for your wife); Covering letter.
Marraige Cert (Not required). But send it a copy just to ensure your wife\'s name on the appointment letter.
BC/Affidavit of support are not required. That\'s all. Good Luck.

GC Despo, You can just visit consulate before the Interview and get it.

You can send an e-mail to chennai and can show that as an evidence at the consulate gate. If you did not get reply from consulate, just ask at the gate. It woked in few cases. Good Luck.