Cheers! hic! Successful interview at Mumbai

Bapa

Registered Users (C)
Folks: I am done with the interview process. All went well. Met Haymth at the consulate. His interview also went well. All EB cases were approved. Will post details later after my hangover is over. :)

Cheers,
Bapa

Hip Hip Hurrey!!!!

Congrats BAPA....
Now u got GC, Hey u r the main guy writing so many post here...so we accept a detail about your CP interview also.....Enjoy with new glory...

for you urdu poets ...

tumhe kya malum, kya he GC gam buri bala
agar aur jitte rahte, GC tera intezar hota ...
- bhalib

G-R-E-A-T !!! S-P-L-E-N-D-I-D !! AND of course C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S !! - Please post the details !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Bapa,
We are waiting for the end of your hangover !!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Bapa,
CONGRATZZZ.
This is really nice news. We are all waiting for your inputs and we hope that you keep visiting this forum for a long time to come.
Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My Medical Experience:

Medical was done at Hinduja Hospital. Got to Hinduja at 6:45 am in the morning. Was early. Had to find to Photocopy machine. My wife forgot to get a photocopy of her passport. Hinduja opens at 7:00 am. Strode into the old building. ( Smaller Bulding) and paid fees Rs 1700 per person for US VISA Medical, simultaneously filled the two forms. Got four vouchers from the cashier. We were instructed to go the 3rd floor ,Wing 4.
3rd Floor Wing 4 was the station for medical test. Nuese called us in after 15 minutes. There were about 10 people for the test. We were 2 and 3. Got done with all our shots, BP, weight etc by 7:45. Waited in the TV room for X-Ray.
X-Ray was completed by 8:20. Told to come back to same building at 1:30 pm. This time on the 1st floor Wing 4. Came back at 1:30, waited until 2:20 for Dr Dastoor to show up. Saw the Doctor at 2:20. Asked the Dr whether everything is ok. Got a thumbs up from the doctor. Got our reports by 2:40 and we were done with the medical reports.

Hello Bapa....

Congratulaions Buddy.....

Are you giving your experience post in bits and parts .... Kind of trilogy Lords of the Rings or a Six Series Star Wars.... :)

We are waiting for all releases eagerly.

Enjoy your Vacation.

Take Care,

Bapa GC Version 1.0 released...

Thanks for releasing Mumbai CP_GC Version 1.0 in the market today....but it has some implementation problem..please release the next version shortly with patches .....

bapa,
Seems that u r back in US (source: cptracker.com), can u please share ur interview and POE experience ? P-L-E-AS-E !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Originally posted by Ranen
bapa,
Seems that u r back in US (source: cptracker.com), can u please share ur interview and POE experience ? P-L-E-AS-E !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Hi Ranen, Bapa, etc. all,

I have my CP (have my wife as a dependent on my GC) going on and have shown my wife's status as H1 (got converted from H4 to H1) based on her employment that she took up last year, i.e. before I started my CP. She never travelled to India after getting her H1 so does not have her H1 stamped on the passport, and the previous H4 stamp has expired now.

Question:

Is it necessary to get her H1B stamped before we have our CP interview. I probably would get it stamped anyway but wanted to have your opinion and see if I can save some Time and $$$.

To my knowledge while doing the CP all the consulate would care about is the valid passport and her H1 approval and her current employment letter, may be some paystub, etc. But I don't think they would really care about having the H1B stamped on the passport. B'coz they will anyway cancel her H1B once we are done with our CP interview.

I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

Wish you guys a Happy New Year !!

Cheers !!

hi there !!
To the best of my knowledge since she is ur dependent for GC, it does not matter whether she has her H1 stamped or not. Since her H4 is expired, please take her H1 approval notice during interview.
For further confirmation, please send a mail to ur consulate or call them.
HAVE A WONDERFUL AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR !!!
cheeeeeeeeers!!!!!

Ranen

Originally posted by Ranen
hi there !!
To the best of my knowledge since she is ur dependent for GC, it does not matter whether she has her H1 stamped or not. Since her H4 is expired, please take her H1 approval notice during interview.
For further confirmation, please send a mail to ur consulate or call them.
HAVE A WONDERFUL AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR !!!
cheeeeeeeeers!!!!!

Ranen

U bet !!

Thats exactly what I had in mind and will do so once my case reach the consulate in India.

You dont have to get your wife's or your H1-B stamped on your passport. Just carry both the approval notices for H1-B. Goodluck.

Bapa

BhaiLog:
Here are my details. Entered the consulate at 9:30 am. Got my bags checked by security. Had no problems with it. Since I was using Beautone see through plastic bags. I did not bother to carry my X-Rays. X-Rays were with my driver in the car. Instructed to go to counter number 1. Number 1 counter asked me if I had paid my fees. Replied yes. Directed to wait infront of Counter 10, 11, 12.

Take a book or magazine. It is extremely boring. Our name was called for document verification at 11:45. Went to counter 10. Lady was very helpful and smiling all the time. Relax and Smile back. Gave all the documents.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT SIGN YOUR IMMIGRATION PHOTOS. SIGN THEM IN FRONT OF THE LADY.

Gave are all the documents for my wife and myself
Standard Stuff.

DS 230 Part II
MC,
BC-Translation of BC,
PCC,
Photos,
I-134
Emp.Letter.

Signed another document, stating that I will join the XYZ company.

Told to wait.

Name called again at 12:20. Went. First thing.
Gori Lady. ( Nancy Cunnigham).
Do you speak English. Replied YES.
Raise your right hand take oath.

Asked for any valid Visa
Didnt have any. Only new approval notice extension. She did not bother to see it. She typed something on her terminal. Checked a Consulate type checklist and that was it. She ended the interview with. YOU ARE ALL SET. Come back at 3:30 to pick up the visas. Came back at 4:30, they had just started issuing Immigration Visas. Jumped the line. Got into an altercation with a desi guy, threatened him with physical retribution. Got my and my wife's visa. Came back home.

Port of Entry Details to follow.
:D

Port of Entry Details:

Port of Exit:
Wonders of all wonders, I was asked for my Election Commission Card by Indian Immigration. On being told that I dont live in India, and thus I dont have one, I was told whether I have a certificate of non-availability from the Election Commission. I said I dont. With all innocence I said, Sir I am immigrating for the first time. I didnt know that you require this certificate for immigration. This bought a smile to the officers face. With a retort " Saab log ek bar hi emigrate karte hai". Finally he let us go.

POE was Chicago, IL.
Handed our papers to the INS officer. Told to wait in an adjacent area. The INS took aroud an hour to process our paperwork. Called out our names and procurred a fingerprint and our signatures on a piece of paper. said " Welcome to America".

That was it. It was all over.

Cheers,
Bapa

I would be more than happy to entertain any questions any clarifications. This forum has been a immenesly satisfying experience. I thank all for helping me navigate through this process.