Cheers! hic! Successful interview at Mumbai

Congratulations Once Again Bapa....

Enjoy your GC life now. Wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

But please as a sincere request keep in touch with this forum. You experience would be greatly appreciated anytime.

Also if you could let us know how long it is taking to get the Plastic Card after your POE in CHicago. I am from Detroit but I have been given a ticket (Just blocked it) and my POE will become Chicago.

Thanks,

Bapa,
Congrats and Long live your independent spirit. It will be helpful for all of us in the forum if you can post sample filled documents of P3 and P4, in case anybody wants to apply without using any lawyer. You can put some dummy data or data format or <explanation> in the form fields. I saw your post in one of the threads that we dont need DS-2001. So, i guess we need only DS-230 Pt 1 (P3) and pt 2 (P4). And I-134 for spouse. I brought my parents on visitor visa couple of years ago and for that, i provided affidavit of support for them. But they are not in the USA now. In I-134, item no. 9 states:
9. That I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s). If none, state "None.''

Do I state their names or put 'None'? How does it affect your support to spouse?

What does the employment letter should state and what kind of bank statement we need? Is it enough, if we submit a copy of our tax returns or do we need to order tax transcript. May be you can put all this stuff in a seperate <important> thread (keep it in top of the pile). Some of these info might be there already scattered in multiple threads. It will be useful to everybody, if all the info is available in a single thread.
Thanks

Bapa,
Thanks for the update. Have a wonderful POSt-GC life.
Please don't forget to post the receipt date for Plastic card - the haara patta !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Canon,:
Make sure you answer the I -134 questions correctly. Dont worry. By putting your parents name as previous beneficiaries is not going to impact your case.

Emp Letter:
Contents
Name ( Your name)
Salary, Designation, Few Key Respon., Your managers name and contact info.
Body: Should contain that you work at XYZ and will have an employment status active after your GC.

Tax Transcripts are important. Depending on the consulate. Chennai wants Tax Transcript. Mumbai they dont ask. But that is not the norm. So get tax transcripts.

Bank Statement is not neccessary. But just take what ever generic bank statement you get from your bank.

Hi Friends,

NVC received my Packet-3 from St.Louis on 11/18/02. Since there was a question in my form, they mailed it back to my lawyer. I received it from my lawyed on 12/17/02. And I have resend the form directly to NVC on 12/18/02. They have received it on 12/20/02(Got this date through my Fedex tracking number). But, when I called NVC yestarday, to find out my case status, they are saying that still they have not received the form back from me. And once they receive it from me it will take 10 to 15 business days to show on the computer and later it will take 6 to 8 weeks to complete the view. I, really don't know how for is this true. Will it really take that long to complete the case review? Did anyone went through this situation? Please reply!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Raj