Check this out. Asylum Adjustment for FY 2002

Update on Jack\'s Case

Hi fellows,

On 06/02/2002 I received a letter from the local district office stating that my I-485 case has been transferred to NSC, and that future inquiries regarding this case should be made directly with the NSC. I don\'t know it\'s a bad thing or a good thing, but I\'m just glad that the case is no longer in the hands of the local district office where it spent over 5 years.
 I\'ll keep you guys informed of further progress with my case.

Jack

TRAVEL TO CANADA

hey, i went to VANCOUVER a couple of times, and the officer just checked my RTD, and simplely let me go. i did not get any new I-94 or something, everything is fine

Confused

Guys, I\'ll be travelling to Canada this weekend. I will like to know whether my I-94 will be taken by the Canadian or US officer. I\'ll be filing my I-485 soon, should i sent my first I-94 or the new one i will receive after i come back from Canada. Thank you guys for your help!

Andrew

I understand you are an asylee, who will soon file I-485 after a year residing in the US with asylee status, right? I went to Canada a while ago, but I traveled after I had applied for LPR. My original I-94 sent to me by INS with my approval letter was taken by the US officer when I returned to the US. He issued a new one saying admitted as refugee pursuant section xxx INA, etc, etc. Employment authorized.
As per the I-94 to include in your I-485 application, I advise you to carefully read the instructions and follow them rigurously. Note that they ask for a copy of the original I-94 sent with your asylum approval or a copy of the approval letter. So, if I were you, before leaving I would make a COPY of the I-94 received and include it with the I-485 application along with copy of the asylum approval letter. But as mentioned before, my advise for you is to carefully go through the instructions, and just follow them strictly. Good luck

thats cool

i hope i can get the kind of officer u are getting. you need to apply for Canadian Visa right?

Hello everybody!
I am very glad that i found this website , I've been searching for this for the long time.
This is my story. We came to the US in 1992 and apply for political asylum in April 1992. Month later we were denied by INS. Then it started…In May of 1997 we were granted asylum by Board of immigration appeal . In Sep 25 1998 we applied for GC , in March 2001 we were fingerprinted and still waiting. I hope maybe this year?:confused:

Welcome, Irina
We seems to go by the same timeline
I got in US in July 92, granted asylum by immigation judge on June 97, applied for GC in August 98. Never got a notice for fingerpreinting though. At least you know that something is going on with your case. I hope that sometjing will happen next financial year...