Check list for I-140 NIW non-concurrent filing

Here we go:

1). I-140 with fee
2). ETA 750B in duplicate
3). Summary letter explaining my research and how I meet relevant criteria for NIW
4). Copy of letters from experts in my field
5). Copy of my degrees
6). Copy of H-1B approval
7). CV
8). Employment letter (may not be required)
9). Research publications
10). Presentations abstract
11). Citations list and 1st page of cited paper
12). Documents showing national interest of my research field
13). Passport ID pages, visa stamp, I-94 for myself and dependents
14). Copies of previous H-1B approvals (visa history)
15). Copy of J-1 Visa waiver
16). CV of referees (I got only CV of four of the eight referees)
17). Other docs: Copy of memberships, evaluation of works of others

I haven't included copy of previous IAP-66 (J-1 visa) approvals. I think it is not necessary.

Hope this helps.

--HH

Sorry to ask you again. Is your NIW based on oustanding researcher or advanced professional?

Mizzou Tiger

Here we go (see page No. 5)

Hope this helps,

--HH
Thanks, HH. Going through the whole document, it appears that EB1-OR might be tough for me as expressed by some before. I guess, Ill have to seriously think abt filing NIW in parallel.

btw, whats ur take on the receipt notice (see my earlier thread)? my deadline is christmas day this year. so, if the petition reached them on 24th would it be ok even if the receipt date is after 25th?

Thanks, HH. Going through the whole document, it appears that EB1-OR might be tough for me as expressed by some before. I guess, Ill have to seriously think abt filing NIW in parallel.

btw, whats ur take on the receipt notice (see my earlier thread)? my deadline is christmas day this year. so, if the petition reached them on 24th would it be ok even if the receipt date is after 25th?
I think it doesn't matter whether you are filing EB1-OR or EB2-NIW (yes, the file I linked in my previous mail, AAO is for EB1-OR). I think that AAO decision is a sufficient enough document to establish your case of `it is not entirely necessary to have first authorship in papers'- whether you are filing EB2-NIW or EB1-OR, or even EB1-EA.

I am unable to answer your question on receipt notice. Usually mails will be delayed by 2-3 weeks during Christmas holidays (even if it is priority mail- I have had experience).

--HH

I'm applying for EB-2 Advanced Professional

Hi shankyyy,

are you filing it yourself or do you have lawyer? which service center are you going to submit your application to?

i have only two papers so far which were published just recently. that makes zero citation in my record. also, i have had no experience being a reviewer of someone's work. do you think these will make my case for NIW weak?

Mizzou Tiger

HI All, Thanks for all the information so far. Its been a great help. I am in the process of sending in a NIW EB2 application. I have been preping my application with the help of an application package from a freind as the guidline, which was done using a lawyer. I seem to have everything everyone up here has suggested to include in the application.

I however has a query with filing the I475 concurrently with the NIW application. I see a lot of you guys above have filled concurrently (based in the info some of you have provided in the subtext at the end of your replies with thr dates of each step.). Some have filed these in Oct 2007. I was under the impression that the Since July 2007 these cannot be concurrently filed if you are from a country where the status isnt current as per the INS notification. I am from India and fall in this category.

So my question is..am I right in assuming that I cannot file the I475 simultaneoulsy with my I140 or can I??

Will appreciate any replies and any clarifications or insights you may have on this issue.

Thanks again for all your help.

No, right now you can't file EB2 concurrently. You have to wait until your priority date becomes current and then file the I-485. You can file EB1-EA or EB1-OR concurrently, but that might change soon, too, so better hurry.

Just google for "visa bulletin". Here is a link to the current one:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3841.html

The Philippines are current for EB2 (NIW is EB2), so you can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently and get EAD (work permit) and AP (travel permit).

The only countries that are not current for EB2 right now are mainland China and India. Everyone else can file concurrently.

Thank you!!!
Quick question: can you tell me what these acronyms mean: RD, ND, LUD, FP, ROW?

it is ok that my passport will expire during the application peroid? I am not able to renew it from here and dont want to go back for changing it - it is risky (I'm from Belarus).

Seems on the application they ask only for status, not passport expiration....right?
My status is H1b and it is current!

You must maintain a valid passport in order to maintain your H-1B status (which while dual intent, is still a non-immigrant status which requires a valid passport to be maintained).

If you let your passport expire, you will lose your H-1B status. But you still have your I-485 pending which means that you are lawfully present, but will have to switch to EAD.

Do you require a valid passport while I-485 is pending? That's a grey area and I don't believe there are rules that directly address this. You don't require one if you have a green card (although you may need a US reentry permit to travel abroad).