Changing the SSN and new SSN for Wife

Kulfi

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Anybody here know the procedeure to remove the restriction on SSN and also to apply new SSN for spouse once the PP stamping is over.

Like any Application form,Any Photo required etc?

Kulfi said:
Anybody here know the procedeure to remove the restriction on SSN and also to apply new SSN for spouse once the PP stamping is over. Like any Application form,Any Photo required etc?

Just like when you got your first SSN. Go to the local SSA office, wait in line for half a day, and submit the application. Bring your stamped passports.

TheRealCanadian said:
Just like when you got your first SSN. Go to the local SSA office, wait in line for half a day, and submit the application. Bring your stamped passports.

Do you know what's the Application name/No?

go to SSA website and they have the form there. you can download it and fill it up so, it's ready when you go to the SSA office. Bring your stamped passport, driver's license and your original SS card (if you still have it). They will give you a receipt and you'll just wait for your card in the mail.

xpadre said:
go to SSA website and they have the form there. you can download it and fill it up so, it's ready when you go to the SSA office. Bring your stamped passport, driver's license and your original SS card (if you still have it). They will give you a receipt and you'll just wait for your card in the mail.

I think I got the form.
http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.pdf

Thanks guys

Just my two cents.

Go to Social Security 15 to 30 mins before closing time. They cannot refuse you entry and will get your job done in that much time :)

All the best.

Jajabhor