• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Changing Name for DV2009 Winner - Advise needed

medpharm

Registered Users (C)
Here is a unique question, my friend a recent DV2009 winner is in the process of changing her name. The issue:
1. She begun a process to change her name after she submitted the DV2009 application
2. She believes it will take a few more months to finalize the name change
3. She has return the DS/DSP forms back to KCC under her original name
4. She would most likely have her CP interview in the Q1 of next year
5. Prior to going to the interview she would likeall her documentation to reflect her new name.

Questions:
1. Is it advisable to continue her name change
2. If yes to question 1, what is the process to updating her record at KCC
3. Do you foresee an issues with her action which may cause her denial of her DV2009 visa. (note she meets all the requirements (educational and employment history) for a visa.

---------------------
CN: 2009AF00024xxx
04-24-08: NL date
05-05-08: NL Recvd

Yes, why not?
She needs to send updated forms (DSP-122 if the name change is relevant there and DS-230 if the name change is relevant there) to KCC or to the consulate, depending on whether the file is at KCC or at the consulate by the time of name change.
3. Do you foresee an issues with her action which may cause her denial of her DV2009 visa. (note she meets all the requirements (educational and employment history) for a visa.
She needs to send those forms a little bit in advance, because KCC needs to initiate a name check under the new name In addition to the check under the old name). The results of the name check are necessary before the visa is issued.

Here is a unique question, my friend a recent DV2009 winner is in the process of changing her name. The issue:
1. She begun a process to change her name after she submitted the DV2009 application
5. Prior to going to the interview she would likeall her documentation to reflect her new name.

Questions:

---------------------

This whole name change business is tricky and risky at the same time especially if you are from the AF region.You would have a whole load of questions to answer if you do get an interview .My advise will be that, if it's not very necessary to change your name now,go for your green card first and consider changing your name whilst you are in America.If you do change your name now it will raise so many suspisions about you if not outright disqualification.This is just my opinion but i do hope you find it useful.

Thanks.

Questions:

---------------------

my person, let me advise you. wat your friend is about to start will be view as fraudulent act and this will amount to outright disqualification. if i may also ask you, hope is not someone elses NL you guys are trying to manover. am sorry to say this but that is how i view it and i believe many people on this forum will share my view. if that is it, please dont try it.

my person, let me advise you. wat your friend is about to start will be view as fraudulent act and this will amount to outright disqualification. if i may also ask you, hope is not someone elses NL you guys are trying to manover. am sorry to say this but that is how i view it and i believe many people on this forum will share my view. if that is it, please dont try it.

Thanks for the feedback. The fraudulent act that you mention seem to be unlikely since KCC has the picture of the selectee and that verification of the details previous information is easily verifiable. I do however agree with abeku66 that this may raise unwarranted question during the interview and thus it is more advisable to wait after landing in USA before commencing with the name change.

Thanks for the feedback. The fraudulent act that you mention seem to be unlikely since KCC has the picture of the selectee and that verification of the details previous information is easily verifiable. I do however agree with abeku66 that this may raise unwarranted question during the interview and thus it is more advisable to wait after landing in USA before commencing with the name change.

The easiest and the more direct route I think is to contact KCC by email. They will give you the most reliable response.

yes kcc has d picture of d applicant but pple might still believe dey can play fast game. is just what i felt though and i might b totally wrong. but while d change of name? why now dat d person won visa lottery? is she just married? is it d last name or d middle name or d first name or her whole name d person want to change?. whatever, i want to say - this is risky and those american pple are very very sensitive. i think u should adherent to abeku66's advice since d person already has all her credential in that name