Changing Jobs. What is the procedure for my wife on TD Visa

pak211

I am changing jobs. I know for myself I just need to take the documents required to the border and get a new visa. My wife is a non-Canadian who is on a TD visa. our current visa expires in june 2012.

What is the procedure for her?

Does she need to book an appointment at the consulate (toronto) to get a new visa stamped?

What is the best way to go about it.

She will need a new visa only after the expiry of her current visa. She is tied to your TN status and therefore as long as you are on TN and her existing visa is valid, she does not need a new visa.

I am changing jobs. I know for myself I just need to take the documents required to the border and get a new visa. My wife is a non-Canadian who is on a TD visa. our current visa expires in june 2012.

What is the procedure for her?

Does she need to book an appointment at the consulate (toronto) to get a new visa stamped?

What is the best way to go about it.

She will need a new visa only after the expiry of her current visa. She is tied to your TN status and therefore as long as you are on TN and her existing visa is valid, she does not need a new visa.

does this mean she does not need to go to the consulate until her current visa expires even though I had to apply for a newer TN visa with the new company?

Even after he r visa expires, she can remain in US, as ;long as she updates her TD status (her I-94) by filing I-539.