Changing Jobs what Documents needed from Old Company

parshu

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I will be laid off on 08/29/2003. SO i am preparing a list of all the documents which are reequired to be taken from my old company so that I can use AC21 (over 180 days for both 485 and 140 ).

Details
--------
485 RD -09/03/2002
ND- 09/13/2002.

140 RD 07/2002
Approved 11/03/2002.

I have talked to my attorney of old comapny and he agreed to send me approval notice of 140. Copy of Labor. I already have 485 rcpts.
I will take the employemnt/ layoff letter from company.

Please let me know if I am missing any documents here which I need to take.

I really appreciate the help.

Parshu

Originally posted by parshu
Hi All,

I will be laid off on 08/29/2003. SO i am preparing a list of all the documents which are reequired to be taken from my old company so that I can use AC21 (over 180 days for both 485 and 140 ).

Details
--------
485 RD -09/03/2002
ND- 09/13/2002.

140 RD 07/2002
Approved 11/03/2002.

I have talked to my attorney of old comapny and he agreed to send me approval notice of 140. Copy of Labor. I already have 485 rcpts.
I will take the employemnt/ layoff letter from company.

Please let me know if I am missing any documents here which I need to take.

I really appreciate the help.

Parshu
I am in the same boat, but I will be leaving Company A myself, I think the letter of layoff should be ok,

Will you continue using the same Lawyer ? I wud advise you to keep him.

Are you looking for a job, Post your brief details.

Hi Cheeko,

I am not sure if I will be continuing the same lawyer. I will talk to him if he wants to charge more to continue or how it works....

Abt looking for job....I might continue with client independently or thru other company...see my other posts in the past...
But somehow managed to persuade the client that I will be continung with them.

Please let me know if there is any specific reason why u wanted to know this.

Parshu

I wanted the Labor Certification copy to know the exact job title and job description.
I took the 140 approval just incase I get a RFE for that. and Guess what I got the RFE on EAD for 140 approval copy.

Ensure that you have these docs..

1. Copy of your 485 application
2. 485 receipt notice(original)
3. Copy of approved I-140 (VERY IMPORTANT)
4. Copy of Labor filing.
5. Receipt notices for I-131/I-765 if appropriate.

GB

Along with the above document list provided by "wonderfull" also get the copy of approved LC because it has your job duties and if you want to use AC21 then it will be better for your new lawyer to write the same job title and job duties on letter to BCIS

“Till what time can the employer revoke I140?”

--- Employer can send letter to BCIS service center to Revoke I-140 any time