Changing Address Please Help

Jonathan sa

Registered Users (C)
I have filled my 485 and now need to do a change of address, what I want to is there a form I need to fill in or do I just write them a letter. I am not changing centers so I don\'t know if this makes any differance. I am with TSC. Thanks for any help.

I571

Although this form is for something else, lawyer murthy got info from INS that this should be the form to be used for change of address.
Enclose the copy of the 485 receipt along with.

Call INS

& get it changed over the phone(I did that in VSC) but I know its tough to get through the lines of TSC.so the best bet is to let your lawyer know & he/she will take care of the rest but the form which is mentioned by the other one may not be the right one(not sure) but couple of days back I had read about the actual form to change a address in TSC.If you want I can forward that to you.just give me your email id.Good luck

GCChaska..need your help..

I moved to Florida from NJ after filing my 485,AP and EAD. Got my EAD and AP (mail forwarding) but havent done anything about 485. what should I do ? Do I have to do the change of address or just let it stay with VCS ?

Changing the center will delay it more, wouldn\'t it ?

FYI - Address change story

I had my application with VSC with a local address which is my company address. All along I stayed at TSC. I had AP twice and EAD once without any problem. The 2nd EAD generated a ref. \'please provide your residential address with proof ( letter, DL etc), not your company\'s address.\' My lawyer sent a letter to VSC about my Texas address and WITHOUT any proof. Got my EAD in two weeks with new address. In 4 weeks I got the approval. My lawyer told me that if your case is very near to processing date and you apply for an EAD/AP, INS may prefer to approve you case rather than printing another set of documents for EAD/AP. I took that chance but I am not sure if that worked for me.
Lastly, after passport stamp , I changed my address once again to a PO BOX address, because I am travelling. Lawyer sent a letter. And after one week I call VSC just to make sure they got the address. I got my card few days back with my PO box address. Hope my story would help you.

nice going pal !

so..tell me something, should I just continue processing 485 at the VSC (I moved to Miami after 485) or should I send the form whatever to change my address. I have all my mail forwarded to my current address and got my EAD and AP yesterday at my new place. I dunno if I should call them and change it to Miami address (and then let them do the transfer to TSC) or just give a friends address in NJ and change to that address ??