Changed employer, and now transfer to Local...please help

bluesong

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

I need your help on my problem, please.

I changed my employer after 7 months of filing 485. But I did NOT inform INS because I listened to my lawyer, who told me we don't have to.

Now, just after my 3rd EAD got approved, I got notice that my I-485 has been transfered to Philadelphia Local Office for an interview.

Now I feel like frustrated and regret for current situation. How do I explain this to INS interview officer? What's going to happen if they know this? I hope you could give me some analysis and advices on this problem. I will be grateful for any of your input.
Thanks!

RD: June, 2002
1FP: Aug 2002
2FP: Jan 2004
TD: June 12, 2004

Hi,

My case was transferd to philadelphia office on June 12, 2004. Please let me know how much time philadelphia office takes to schedule a interview.

Got a RFE on sept 2003 and replyed them with new employers information.

I am worried too!

Do you have any other information?

---------------------------
I-485 Info:

RD: Feb 27 02
ND: March 10 02
Ist FP Date : May 17 02
2nd FP Date : JAN 30 04

RFE Date: SEPT 03 03
RFE Replyed Date: Oct 25 03

Changed Company before 180 days ( Just after filing I-485)

Renewed 3rd EAD

bluesong said:
Hi Gurus,

I need your help on my problem, please.

I changed my employer after 7 months of filing 485. But I did NOT inform INS because I listened to my lawyer, who told me we don't have to.

Now, just after my 3rd EAD got approved, I got notice that my I-485 has been transfered to Philadelphia Local Office for an interview.

Now I feel like frustrated and regret for current situation.
----- nothing to get frustrated, many files get transfred to local USCIS for interview it does not mean that becase you changed employer or want to use AC21 this is the only reason for file transfer.
How do I explain this to INS interview officer? What's going to happen if they know this?
---- nothing is going to happen, once you get Interview date notice you can send the AC21 letter from your new employer and your Intent change letter to local USCIS and request that you want to use AC21 and would like to work permanently with current employer( attach his letter for same job titlle and same skills as on past employer approved LC, and employer should state that they have parmanent job offer for you after approval of I-485. Send this to local USCIS office once you get Interview date notice so that officer will have the update in file and then only 15-20 monutes at the time of interview to see your tax papers, Birth certificate , W02, recent pay stubs(make copythey need copies and will see the orignal)
OR take the AC21 letter+ your Intent change letter and other stuf at the time of Interview you can use AC21 any time before I-485 is approved.

Good Luck!! I hope you could give me some analysis and advices on this problem. I will be grateful for any of your input.
Thanks!

RD: June, 2002
1FP: Aug 2002
2FP: Jan 2004
TD: June 12, 2004

Hi ginnu,

Millions THANKS! I will go with your guideline because I think you advices make sense. After all I feel like I will be doing right thing instead of catch up later. Just hope this not too late.

Thanks again, ginnu!

bluesong

There is a law that states you can change your employer after 180 days of filing for adjustment of status. You will have to find out, when I had my interview it was no problem for INS when I told the officer at the interview that I changed jobs, she said that your former employer cannot take back their petition for you and it ok once it's the same job description that you are transfering too. Still waiting to hear from them since I had my interview at Garden City, it's been 10months now august will be 1 year.

Last edited by a moderator:
please help

Hi,

Please can you be more clear on your case. Since you went to the interview, didn't you get the approval.

I am worried too as i have changed my employer just after filling I-485.

What did they ask in the interview?

Thanks in advance.

please help.

Hi J4Life95,

Please answer TUNU's question - and also is mine: you mean you DID NOT get your approval EVEN the INS officer said OK to change employer without tell them?

Honestly, I am very shocked if that is true - almost a nightmare. Please do clearfy!
Thanks,

Bluesong

Tunu,

I filed under EB3 category, I never told INS about the job change because my new job was under the same job description plus there is a law that states that you can change jobs after 180 of filing your Adjustment of Status application if a decision has not been made on your case within those 180 days that's what my lawyer told me before I changed jobs. At the interview the officer was explaing to us that my former job cannot take back that petition for an immigrant worker because it's been passed the 180 days, in fact it's been 3 years after filing for adjustment of status that I had my interview. At the interview I showed her both my old and new employment letters which your old job is obligated to give you, she mostly asked to see taxes, employment letter, I also had a brief history of my company and how it started off, a company brochure of me working on the job. She asked what my job description was and focused on that area. The only reason that my case was not approved at the interview was because she wanted a new employment letter from my new company and a financial report or companies taxes just so she can keep for her records,because she wanted to be on the safe side and she said that she doesn't want anything haunting her in the future. So right now I'm just waiting for approval because she said everything looks fine, my lawyer is going in next week to see what's going on with my case it's been 10 months since I had my interview and I haven't heard anything.
Don't be worried!

Last edited by a moderator:
J4life95 said:
Tunu,

I filed under EB3 category, I never told INS about the job change because my new job was under the same job description plus there is a law that states that you can change jobs after 180 of filing your Adjustment of Status application if a decision has not been made on your case within those 180 days that's what my lawyer told me before I changed jobs. At the interview the officer was explaing to us that my former job cannot take back that petition for an immigrant worker because it's been passed the 180 days, in fact it's been 3 years after filing for adjustment of status that I had my interview. At the interview I showed her both my old and new employment letters which your old job is obligated to give you, she mostly asked to see taxes, employment letter, I also had a brief history of my company and how it started off, a company brochure of me working on the job. She asked what my job description was and focused on that area.

The only reason that my case was not approved at the interview was because she wanted a new employment letter from my new company and a financial report
----- That is correct she needed new employer future job offer letter so that she can approve your I-485 under AC21 for new employer, you were supposed to take the new employer letter and new employer ability to pay documents like companies taxes
or companies taxes just so she can keep for her records,because she wanted to be on the safe side and she said that she doesn't want anything haunting her in the future. So right now I'm just waiting for approval because she said everything looks fine, my lawyer is going in next week to see what's going on with my case it's been 10 months since I had my interview and I haven't heard anything.
Don't be worried!