• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Change Spouse name on DS 260

kofiappiah

Someone who entered DV Lottery for a friend is attaching a spouse against her will.
There was no agreement whatsoever in the beginning that someone will be added.
However, because he has details of the entry, he has hurriedly gone to add a spouse name and date of birth on the DS 260.
We have been able to change the spouse to her legitimate husband.
However, the summary page still shows the name that was entered initially(imposter) as the husband.

I would like to know:
a) if the summary page will ultimately change to reflect the new name (legitimate husband) that was entered?
b) what are the repercussions on the visa application if the information on the summary (old spouse name) page differs from the DS 260 printout?
c) what can one do in such a situation?
d) is it that we were not supposed to change it once that information was entered ?
e) there is a button that says 'add member' and one of the options is 'Spouse'. Can we add a new spouse and remove the old spouse ?
f) if the changes are permanent, can we petition the embassy and legally take on the fraudster ?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Last edited:
And the person that helped her submit her entry added a spouse and submitted it as married? Or the person was later added as her spouse after she was selected while she’s married to someone else?

And the person that helped her submit her entry added a spouse and submitted it as married? Or the person was later added as her spouse after she was selected while she’s married to someone else?
She married after staking it.
The other person was added to the DS 260 after she was selected.
DS 260 has not been submitted.

If the DS260 has not yet been submitted, she should be able to update the form with the correct spouse’s information in that case, is she not.

If the DS260 has not yet been submitted, she should be able to update the form with the correct spouse’s information in that case, is she not.
My main worry is this part still shows the old name. Will that have any adverse effect on the application?

Attachments

• IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 12
I see. Yeah, the CO can certainly ask questions as to why the name of the spouse on the summary page is different from that which is written on the main selectee’s DS260 form and from what is written on the DS260 created and submitted for the spouse.

Your only real path is to be truthful to the interviewing officer if he/she asks about this. Also you should ensure the correct ds260 is submitted as soon as possible
to prevent this “friend” messing up your application further.
I also have to wonder if this was really a “friend” who did the entry for you or if it’s an ”agent“. I assume it is actually the latter. The US consulate/embassy will probably appreciate being informed that this person is trying to commit immigration fraud. If your story as posted here is true, you are an innocent victim in this and there should be no adverse consequences for your or your true spouse. I suspect that the person whose name was fraudulently entered is likely to never get a US visa after this, though.

Your only real path is to be truthful to the interviewing officer if he/she asks about this. Also you should ensure the correct ds260 is submitted as soon as possible
to prevent this “friend” messing up your application further.
I also have to wonder if this was really a “friend” who did the entry for you or if it’s an ”agent“. I assume it is actually the latter. The US consulate/embassy will probably appreciate being informed that this person is trying to commit immigration fraud. If your story as posted here is true, you are an innocent victim in this and there should be no adverse consequences for your or your true spouse. I suspect that the person whose name was fraudulently entered is likely to never get a US visa after this, though.
Thank you for the reply.

I see. Yeah, the CO can certainly ask questions as to why the name of the spouse on the summary page is different from that which is written on the main selectee’s DS260 form and from what is written on the DS260 created and submitted for the spouse.
Thank you so much.