Change of status from J1 to a H3 Visa...

athe_22

Registered Users (C)
Hi my name is Athe, I came to the US with a J1 Visa I got is in my home country Venezuela and the embassy game me the "2 year rule apply".Recently I did all the process to change my status to a H3. It took me 4 months to do all that, I even paid the premium process to inmigration, but in the mean time I got a a notice of request of evidence, so inmigration could approve my case.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! after so many letters and documents, Inmigration approved my change of status and I recently received my I-797 and I-94 for two years. Now my concern is that I still have the 212 from the J1 visa, and I'm planing to travel outside the US and get my H3 visa stamped in a US embassy not far from Florida. Would the 212 be a problem to get my visa stamped?

I will apreciate any Opinion about my case!!!!!!!!!

J1 visa

Athe, I was wondering how you were able to change your visa status from J1 to H3 if you had the 2 year rule. Did you get a waiver. On what grounds? I am from Bolivia and have a J1 and want to apply for a waiver, but I want to find out what I can do to increase the chances of getting said waiver.

Thank you.

isn't it obvious from her post that she didn't get the waiver, and is now worried? it's obvious to me.

If you are in fact subject to 212(e), it is quite risky to travel outside the US. You couldn't change your status legally to begin with, and USCIS made a mistake in approving your case.