Change of Address Requirement for Foreign Nationals in the U.S.

Sanjaypatel9

Registered Users (C)
Does any one know if address was changed last year, then still we need to send AR-11.
My company had send note to all foreign person:
If you are a foreign national with temporary or legal permanent residence in the United States, the information below is important to you.

The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has reiterated its requirement that all foreign nationals, including legal permanent residents, report each personal change of address to the INS within 10 days of the change. Changes of address are made on IN Form AR-11 and filed with INS headquarters. Form AR-11 is available at http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm.

Right

Now U wake up:)
Yes if the address with INS (from your GC, previous application etc.) is different from your current address, you have to file AR 11. I thought the AR 11 season was over...:p

Change of address

Ok I moved in begining of 2001. And since 2001 I have same address. And I have applied for LC in Mid 2001. 485 in mid 2002. And in all application my current address was used. So Is that correct I don't have to do any thing with AR-11.
Thanks

address change vis I485

I have the same situation: I moved last year, never filled out any address change form, I applied my I140 and 485 using the current address. I called my lawyer and was told to fill out AR-11 anyways, also called the NIS 800 number, was told the same thing: fill out the form.

:confused:

change with respect to what?

Appreciate all your answers. What is the address that the INS has if one has never filed AR-11. I can imagine only two instances when we give our info to INS directly

(1) on I-94 form
(2) on the latest application to the INS

Is the database with INS in Washington DC not the same as that with INS service centers? After 9/11, I sincerely doubt that they would risk not updating databases.

good luck all and thanks for any responses...

I have related question

Does INS send back any communication in reply to AR-11 form ?
(like portion of application/ form, so you have proof that it has been updated with INS.

My Lawyer sent Ar-11 form 2-3 months ago, but I never get any confirmation form INS.

Not big deal, just curious.

Thanks,

JB

I used certified mail, however two weeks past, never head from INS.

I am just wondering if this 10-day law is retroactive or not. any suggetions?