Change of address query and 485/finger printing

ishu_pd

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I Have a question regarding change of address and finger printing. I m planning to change the apartment where i am living and I haven't recvd my 485 receipt notice. I was wondering what happens if I change the location before I receive receipt or fingerprinting notice.

1) WIll it be fwded the new address if I update the fwding address at USPS.
2) What hapeens if the notice is not received. How do I even come ot know if there was ever a fingerprinting notice sent ot me.

I need some urgent help on understanding hte scenario.

Thanks

Call USCIS customer service and update

Hi All

I Have a question regarding change of address and finger printing. I m planning to change the apartment where i am living and I haven't recvd my 485 receipt notice. I was wondering what happens if I change the location before I receive receipt or fingerprinting notice.

2) What hapeens if the notice is not received. How do I even come ot know if there was ever a fingerprinting notice sent ot me.

Thanks

USPS will not forward USCIS letters.The only way is to call the USCIS customer service and update your new address.

USPS will not forward USCIS letters.The only way is to call the USCIS customer service and update your new address.

USPS do forward all mails (including Return to Service Request mails), USPS will mail a copy to USCIS that they have forwarded your mail to new address of resident. If USCIS explicitly write "DO NOT FORWARD" in addition to "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED", then USPS will not forward.

Hi All

Thanks

if you filed I-485 through lawyer and signed form G28 then I-485 reciept will come to lawyer office, if also applied AP then AP will come to Lawyer office but EAD will come to your address as on I-485. better to change the address with service center after you get I-485 filing reciept by calling 1800 and also writing letter to service center