Change of address on landing without asking me??

angelfalls78

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I landed in the US to "activate" my green card. At the interview I gave an US address where I did like to get my GC and SSN. At the time of the landing I wrote another address on the CUSTOMS FORM and I didnt say anything to the officer as I didnt want him to change the address.

Is there any possibility and the officer had change the address and used the one I wrote in the CUSTOMS FORM? not sure if it is a regular process and they do it anyway :confused:

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thxs

You can consult with immigration officer. It is doubt.

Hi all,

I landed in the US to "activate" my green card. At the interview I gave an US address where I did like to get my GC and SSN. At the time of the landing I wrote another address on the CUSTOMS FORM and I didnt say anything to the officer as I didnt want him to change the address.

Is there any possibility and the officer had change the address and used the one I wrote in the CUSTOMS FORM? not sure if it is a regular process and they do it anyway :confused:

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thxs

Ok

Thanks, I am still waiting for the GC and SSN... its been 3 weeks so far with no news. I thought the address on the customs form could be the reason of this delay.

I will wait anything... Thanks! :D

I went to US for few days and I was going to stay in a hotel that is why I put a different address.

I didnt think to ask to the officer, he just told me to sign and put my fingertrip and I didnt ask to change the address. The didnt give me anything and didnt tell me how long I had to wait.

I will wait about 4-5 weeks and I will call USCIS.

BTW, are you from a spanish speaker country? I am so I recognized your nickname (very nice btw)

Thanks.

Perfect.. i got the GC :cool:

I am just waiting for the SSN, it's been 4 weeks so perhaps I have to go to a SS office.

Thanks again

I'm impressed of forums.immigration.com , I need to say. Really not often do I encounter a phorum that's each educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you have got hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the difficulty is one thing that not sufficient people are speaking intelligently about. I'm very blissful that I stumbled throughout this in my seek for something regarding this.