Change of address: Need advice

APAR

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
My wife\'s company sponsored her for employment based permanent residency. Now the I-485 is pending at NSC and we are planning to move to another state so that I can attend graduate school. My wife\'s company had agreed to let her work REMOTELY. She will be performing the same job but from a different city/state FROM HOME. Does this affect our adjustment of status process in any way?
I have tried asking the lawyers and the opinion is divided. Everyone thinks, since 180 days have passed, it might be OK. But, being lawyers, they add a rider in the end saying that there is still a lot of risk.
What are your experiences/opinions/advices.
Thanks a lot

As long as she is with the same co.

Nothing is affected. Don\'t worry. But make sure that the change of address is properly notified to INS (Call INS, write a letter, call after a month to confirm) separately for each applicant so that you don\'t lose your FP notices.

I don\'t think there should be a problem

as long as you have to make sure that INS has the correct adddress in their database. I know this is none of my business and as a married couple, both of you would like to stay together. But since you already passed 180 days and assuming you must have filed your 485 no later than Sept 01, I believe you will be getting your GC approval soon. If I were you (obviously I am not), I would go ahead with the graduate school first and ask your wife to reunite with you after both of your GC are approved.

Do I need to talk to an IIO for change of address ?

My RD is Oct/01 . 180 days will be up when we move in May. So, it might take another 4 months from then. Do I need to call the NSC and talk to an IIO to change the address ?

Advisable...

But you can write first. But the second call to confirm the address is critical. You have to do it.