Change in citizenship of original country

kpark00

I am a permanent resident of America and a citizen of Korea. In a few months I will be applying for my US citizenship. Prior to my application, I may become a citizen of another country which allows dual citizenship with USA. However, I will have to forego my Korean citizenship because Korea does not allow dual citizenship with other nations.

My question to you is, will this affect my application for US citizenship at all? I am concerned that the change in citizenship before or even during my application for US citizenship will delay or even critically impact the application process.

All answers are appreciated.

Thank you.

It shouldn't really affect your eligibility for US naturalization unless obtaining the other foreign citizenship caused you to break residential ties with the US.

As long as you fulfill US naturalisation requirements, it makes no difference what citizenship(s) you hold.

My question to you is, will this affect my application for US citizenship at all? I am concerned that the change in citizenship before or even during my application for US citizenship will delay or even critically impact the application process.