Chances of getting Non-immigrant Visa

Robinho

Registered Users (C)
Hi evrb. I'm doing AOS right now but I'm going to give up my asylum at US Embassy in my home country very soon because my circumstances changed. If I do, What are the chances of my getting non-immigrant(F-1 Visa) again. I have never stayed illegally here. I was on J-1 Visa here before. Did you know smbd who has done this and been granted visa? Thanx,
Robinho

Robinho said:
Hi evrb. I'm doing AOS right now but I'm going to give up my asylum at US Embassy in my home country very soon because my circumstances changed. If I do, What are the chances of my getting non-immigrant(F-1 Visa) again. I have never stayed illegally here. I was on J-1 Visa here before. Did you know smbd who has done this and been granted visa? Thanx,
Robinho
Hi! I am sorry I don't have an answer to your questions, but I have questions. Are you saying you don't want to live in the US anymore? Are you planning to move back to your country? Instead of giving up your status, why don't you wait until you become a citizen and then move back? That way if the situation in your country changes gain, you can always come back without worrying about a visa.

Robinho said:
Robinho

They might deny it. The only concern US consulate has when issuing the VISA is if the person will come back to home country. Even though you never stayed illegally in USA you failed of coming back and applied for asylum.

Thnaks MGT_Girl and Ayyubov for your responses.
MGT I want to move back home country permanently but I want to come here on student or tourist visa. My parents are permanent residents. I want to be able to visit them and finish my CPA Exam which I recently started.
Ayyubov. Privet.
I never failed to come back but instead was very afraid of returning and living in my country. But now my circumstances has changed. Doesn't canceling my asylum increase my chances of getting visa since the cancellation clearly shows my intention of not staying here permanently. I could have gained PR Status but I don't need it. What do you all think?
Thanx,
Robinho

Robinho said:
Thnaks MGT_Girl and Ayyubov for your responses.
MGT I want to move back home country permanently but I want to come here on student or tourist visa. My parents are permanent residents. I want to be able to visit them and finish my CPA Exam which I recently started.
Ayyubov. Privet.
I never failed to come back but instead was very afraid of returning and living in my country. But now my circumstances has changed. Doesn't canceling my asylum increase my chances of getting visa since the cancellation clearly shows my intention of not staying here permanently. I could have gained PR Status but I don't need it. What do you all think?
Thanx,
Robinho

It is hard to answer this question. Legally you didn't do anything wrong and was honest so you shouldn't have any problems but consulates espessially in our countries are unpredictable. In any case I wish you good luck.

I cannot speak as to how they will react to a future visa application from you.

But I suggest you to think carefully before giving up your status. I have seen at three examples of people who did this and then regret it.

I wish you the best.

Thank you all.
I HAVE TO REALLY THINK ABOUT THIS ONCE AGAIN. I am really being hesitated. I'm waiting on medical check and BIO 325. My asylum date is March/2003 but my ND for AOS is may/2006 and already did BIO 3 Check.
Do you know if it is OK TO DO MEDICAL AND G325 before getting request for it? I was going abroad for 5 months very soon. Thank you,
Robinho

Robinho said:
Thank you all.
Do you know if it is OK TO DO MEDICAL AND G325 before getting request for it? I was going abroad for 5 months very soon. Thank you,
Robinho
It depends on when they are going to ask for medical. Remember that medical is only valid for 1 year. So if they don't ask you for medical soon and even if they do, it will depend how long it will take to approve your case. if it takes more than a year since you submitted your medical, then it will expire and they will ask you to do it again. If you don't mind paying for your medical again, I believe you can do it. That way, if they ask for RFI while you are out of the country, you can have somebody mail it. If you decide to do this, make sure you know that there is a risk that you might have to do it/pay again. Good luck!

MGTgrl,
Can you tell me if I have to submit G325 or G325A? Also, can I just print off I-693 of USCIS website and take it to Doctor and get it done? Or do the USCIS send different I-693 and G325 application than they have on their website?
I appreciate your time,
Robinho.

Robinho said:
Robinho

Robinho,

Personally I know a person who did that, went to his COP US Embassy returned his Asylum status and asked for a B1/B2 visa, and he got it.

It makes sense, if you return your asylum status means that you don't want to live there anymore and you become the perfect person to have a visitor visa.

Hope this help to make your decision.

Good Luck

Flashington said:
Robinho,

Personally I know a person who did that, went to his COP US Embassy returned his Asylum status and asked for a B1/B2 visa, and he got it.

It makes sense, if you return your asylum status means that you don't want to live there anymore and you become the perfect person to have a visitor visa.

Hope this help to make your decision.

Good Luck

Make sense for me.

Robinho said:
MGTgrl,
Can you tell me if I have to submit G325 or G325A? Also, can I just print off I-693 of USCIS website and take it to Doctor and get it done? Or do the USCIS send different I-693 and G325 application than they have on their website?
I appreciate your time,
Robinho.
Hi Robinho,

As far as I know, you have to fill G325A. The doctors usually have the forms themselves so you don't need to take a printed copy for them, but ask the doctor office just in case (and make sure they have the latest version). If you must take a copy yourself, I think it's better to request the actual form from CIS on their website (you can have them mailed to you. I think it takes more or less 2 weeks to receive them). The reason I say that is the I-693 (as well as G325A) is a form that has a carbon copy and I think it's easier to fill). You should also get the I-693 supplement (that's where all your vaccines will be recorded). Good luck.

Flashington,
Can you tell me name of country where that person got non-immigrant visa after asylum csancelled? Thank you,
R