chance to shorten time to file i485 after asylum granted

kaya14

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone

After asylum is granted one need to wait 1 year to file i485.Is there any chance to shorten this time?(the case was pending for 3 years)

I know that I can travel now with RTD and travel time will cause delays for filing i485.Will these delays affect the status of the dependant I have on my case(he is already over 21 but for DHS his age is the same it was in the moment of filing 589)

I heard that travel to Puerto Rico is "domestic" and all one need to go there and then to enter US is DL.Where can I find any official info(from DHS) about it to avoid any risks?

Thank you all.

1. There is no way to shorten the 1 year wait period.

2. No, your travels will not affect your dependent's status

3. All Puerto Rico flights are DOMESTIC... I have been there several times, call your airline or CBP 800 number...

Hi everyone

After asylum is granted one need to wait 1 year to file i485.Is there any chance to shorten this time?(the case was pending for 3 years)

I know that I can travel now with RTD and travel time will cause delays for filing i485.Will these delays affect the status of the dependant I have on my case(he is already over 21 but for DHS his age is the same it was in the moment of filing 589)

I heard that travel to Puerto Rico is "domestic" and all one need to go there and then to enter US is DL.Where can I find any official info(from DHS) about it to avoid any risks?

Thank you all.

Thanks for your answers.

About Puerto Rico flight:if it's DOMESTIC then I need DL only(??) and there is no POE formalities, is it right?Do I need my NP to enter Puerto Rico? (any kind of visa ?)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your answers.

About Puerto Rico flight:if it's DOMESTIC then I need DL only(??) and there is no POE formalities, is it right?Do I need my NP to enter Puerto Rico? (any kind of visa ?)

Thanks in advance.

It is domestic. I would recommend going with evidence of your asylum status too.