Certificate of Citizenship (for minor) interview in NYC? what to expect?

USHope

Registered Users (C)
Dear greatest forum.
As expected a minor (9yo) and his Naturalized mother are called for an interview for Certificate of Naturalization (N-600) at Federal Plaza NYC.
What should we expect? Just documents review? and will the certificate be given same day (provided that they are satisfied with documents and eligibility)? or would a child be called for Oath?
Experience from other locations is appreciated as well.
Why we ask, is because they both will have to travel from Overseas, and the question is for how long to book a trip.
Thank you all

We had go through this in Washington dc...!
They verified all the documents that asked in the letter and had to child do oath on the same day..!

I am not sure about New York though..!

IF coming from overseas, is this an N-600K? The child is NOT a greencard holder and lives abroad with the USC parent?

The child lived here during the naturalization process, then they flew out after receiving US passports. But they filed N-600 when they were leaving for overseas (as the child had/has a green card, i.e. was legally admitted into the US as a LPR).
Thank you for your response about DC.

We had go through this in Washington dc...!
They verified all the documents that asked in the letter and had to child do oath on the same day..!

I am not sure about New York though..!

Marais, How old was your kid (since they make him/her go throug Oath ceremony) ours is 9yo

I think usually older kids are asked to do the oath. I don't think they do it with 9 years old kids, but I don't know what the cutoff age is for the oath thing. I think the interview is a formality and should be done in the same day it is scheduled. You can book your tickets accordingly.