CD passport renewal

Giova

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I need to renew my passport ASAP but I have my TN in there which is valid until october 08.
What do I do, since they keep the old passport? Make a copy?
Thanks!

It takes around 4-6 weeks to get a passport renewed via courier by Passport Canada. You don't have to send your I-95 Card along.

Hi all,
I need to renew my passport ASAP but I have my TN in there which is valid until october 08.
What do I do, since they keep the old passport? Make a copy?
Thanks!

Yes, make a copy. And they do give your old passport back along with the new one (if you check that option in your application form)

The I-94 card is the only required documentation for your TN, and you absolutely do NOT send that in with your renewal.

The I-94 is a standalone document, which you simply staple back into your new passport.

How can we travel outside US if we are applying for passport renewal? We are also sending our old passport along with the docs.

How can we travel outside US if we are applying for passport renewal? We are also sending our old passport along with the docs.

In short, you can't, other than travel to and from canada by land, since this does not strictly require passport.

You need to carefully plan/coordinate your passport renewal with your vacation.

If your Cdn PP is not expired when you submit your application, you can ask that the nearest CDn consulate act as an intermediary, and keep your old passport, and the consulate will hold your new passport until you trade in your old one.

This is best done if you live near a consulate.

Otherwise, many just find it easier to fly to Canada and get their passport done in 2-3 days at a local office.