Case transferred to NBC?

ommoll

Registered Users (C)
Today my case status says that the case has been transferred to NBC because they have jurisdiction over the case. What does this mean??
Has anyone else gotten similar notices? what have been the outcomes?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On October x, 2008, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

PD: May 2004 (RIR)
PD: Feb 2006 (PERM)
both applicationsunder same employer, for similar positions
Used AP to travel last year
Never been out of status, no job changes, no brush with law, etc.

means you are screwed and be prepared for an interview if your PD and processing time are current. Just like me..........

Belacut,
What do you mean by 'you are screwed?' what happened in your case? what was the screw up? Please share.

Belacut,
What do you mean by 'you are screwed?' what happened in your case? what was the screw up? Please share.
Nothing is screwed. All family based I-485 are approved in Local USCIS. Employment I-485 EB1, NIW I-485 cases are sent to Local office and service center has its own criteria to transfer files to Local USCIS office for Interview. You are not the only one who got I-485 transferred to Local USCIS office, USCIS service center transfer many files to Local USCIS office. It takes 15-20 days to reach the file to Local office from Service center and then they open the boxes sent by Service center and enter in system. The local USCIS office will send you Interview letter(it may take 1-2 months) with Interview date and list what documents to bring for Interview. They will send Interview letter if your PD is current.

PD: May 2004 (RIR)
PD: Feb 2006 (PERM)
both applicationsunder same employer, for similar positions
*** Same employer why two LC for same Positions???

Good Luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ginnu,
The reason for 2 applications under same employer shows my frustration with the GC process. When the RIR labor applications were sent to the backlog center and there was no communication/status updates, while people were getting the pERM applications approved, I requested my employer to file in PERM also.
I had initiated an inquiry (SR) last month to find out what is the PD they would be using for my case. The IO said she has put in a request to expedite my interview while updating me about the current status of the case. I was wondering even then about the interview as it is a employment based application.

If anyone else has had similar experience with case being transfered to NBC, please update.

i am in the similar situation.. my case was transferred to NBC... My PD is march 2000.. don't know how long will this take.. it is frustrating

ginnu,
The reason for 2 applications under same employer shows my frustration with the GC process. When the RIR labor applications were sent to the backlog center and there was no communication/status updates, while people were getting the pERM applications approved, I requested my employer to file in PERM also.
I had initiated an inquiry (SR) last month to find out what is the PD they would be using for my case. The IO said she has put in a request to expedite my interview while updating me about the current status of the case. I was wondering even then about the interview as it is a employment based application.

If anyone else has had similar experience with case being transfered to NBC, please update.

with your I-140 did employer attach May 2004 (RIR) LC
OR
PD: Feb 2006 (PERM) LC?
OR attached both???
Are both the LC in EB3 or EB2 or one in EB3 other in EB2?

Last edited by a moderator:
While applying for 485, the I-140 with PD of Feb 2006 (PERM) was attached as it was approved. The I-140 with PD of May 2004 (RIR) was approved much later. At that point the lawyer sent a letter for retention of the old PD.
Both the applications are for EB2 with the same employer. (This is aparently allowed by USCIS)

I got same notices from CIS

I got same notices from CIS yesterday saying that This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

I am very tensed. can you guys please update this thread if you hear something about it?

Belacut,

I got my interview notice for 12/1 interview as expected. My wife and I have clean and straight forward records on the GC. My attonery claims we may be the lucky/unluck ones to be interview for check and balance (Audit purpose). And we just been selected.
How screwed up are we? we need to pay additional 1.5K for the interview prep and lawyer presentation and wait... If we get lucky, we may get the GC the day we interviewed. Keep you posted.