Case transferred to Atlanta local office? When?

oocyte

Registered Users (C)
I got a letter today after I called early this months. Guess what? It says my case was transferred to Atlanta BCIS office. Online status never mentioned it and I did not receive anything says my case was transferred. What the h*** is going on? When was my case transferred?

BTW, how can I contact Atlanta BCIS office?

Oocyte,
Sorry to hear about your case transfer.
Poonguranar has lot of info about the Atlanta office.

I just called NCSC and CSR was kind enough to transfer my call to an information officer. He told me that my case is still in Texas center, but took it back after he learned that I got the letter last Friday. He suggested me to wait a couple of weeks becuase it takes some time for them to update the informatioin in their system.

So I guess TSC just started the process to transfer my case to Atlanta office. I don't know when I will receive some official document showing my case is in Atlanta office.

oocyte said:
So I guess TSC just started the process to transfer my case to Atlanta office. I don't know when I will receive some official document showing my case is in Atlanta office.

It takes 3-8 weeks to transfer a case from the Service Centers to Atlanta, in my experience. The good news is that you should get an interview notice shortly after Atlanta opens your file, unlike me.

TheRealCanadian said:
It takes 3-8 weeks to transfer a case from the Service Centers to Atlanta, in my experience. The good news is that you should get an interview notice shortly after Atlanta opens your file, unlike me.

Not really on two counts :) .

1. Recently, one of the guys got his case transferred to ADO on 1/3/2005 and he got his interview letter around 1/17/2005. So, files are being transferred at a faster pace than before.
  2. ADO opens your file, but yet it need not result in an interview letter. In my case, they touched my file in September 2004 and even sent me the FP notice. However, I am yet to receive an Interview notice. I have gone personally 3 times, but to no avail.

After one hour wait finally talked to an information officer. She was not nice but did provide some useful information. Both of my and my wife's cases are still in TSC, but the alien files were transferred to Atlanta office on Mar 1, 2004.

I and my wife both started the inquiry. I got a letter saying case was transferred, my wife got a letter saying... case still pending.. will forward to a supervisor/officer for review.

The officer said both of our cases will be transferred to Atlanta office eventually. I don't know when the physical transfer is going to happen. I moved and now I need to send AR-11 to Atlanta office.

I sent my EAD application to TSC since my I-485 is still there. Hoping I can get it in two and half months.