Case transferred to Atlanta after RFE! Help!

txgcslave

Registered Users (C)
I have my case transferred instead of being approved. It was transferred to Atlanta. Anyone in this situation? Any experience with Atlanta transfer? What's the next step?

No words describing my agony and frustration

thanks

txgcslave

Sorry to hear this and join the club! There are a whole frustrated lot awaiting their turn patiently to be called for interview at the Atlanta District Office (ADO) including myself. However, there is a silver-lining to your case. Yours is May 2001 RD and they are processing July 2001 RD. So, allow 40 days to lapse after the transfer message appeared on the website. Then, just walk over to ADO and then request them that they schedule an interview at the earliest opportune moment, because your RD is earlier than their current processing RD.

I assume yours is a straight-forward case (no criminal record / fraud / job-switches / tax-evasion etc.) and you should have nothing to worry. If you think it is not, get hold of an attorney who would represent you during your interview. Good luck.

What is was the RFE about ?

With my best knowlegde, I would imagine that RFE response was not good enough and officer got frustrated and transferred the file to local office.

Originally posted by txgcslave
I have my case transferred instead of being approved. It was transferred to Atlanta. Anyone in this situation? Any experience with Atlanta transfer? What's the next step?

No words describing my agony and frustration

thanks

Hi Txgcslave

Hi Txgcslave,
what was the RFE. Is that not responded properly?

Please write in detail

-sank

the RFE was for EVL, legal status, and registration. I am still with the employer doing also the same thing, I have been legal in this country since my arrival 12 years ago, and I am not subject to registration although I came from a special registration country. I have had a speeding ticket. my case couldn't be more straight forward. I am still in shock.

Today is my birthday. What a gift from officer 16. Thank you very miuch officer 16 for the crapy job you're doing.

Most likely registration could be an issue.

You say you come from Special Registeration country BUT you are not subject to special registeration - I don't understand that part.

I thought everyone who is from special registeration country needs to register - what is the exception in your or may be some other people's case.

Please explain that part for other people.

What was specific information they wanted about special registration ?

the RFE was for EVL, legal status, and registration. I am still with the employer doing also the same thing, I have been legal in this country since my arrival 12 years ago, and I am not subject to registration although I came from a special registration country. I have had a speeding ticket. my case couldn't be more straight forward. I am still in shock.

Today is my birthday. What a gift from officer 16. Thank you very miuch officer 16 for the crapy job you're doing.

I hate to ask...

..but are you a Muslim? I have seen a couple of my Islamic friends having gotten theirs transferred as well, even though theirs are straightforward as well. Also, if you are from Malaysia, Indonesia, my great neighbor Pakistan, Bangladesh or any of the Middle-Eastern countries. Don't worry. Just chill out on your birthday. Insha Allah, things will fructify soon.

The reason that I am not subject to special registration is that I left the US and entered it back on an advance parole. If someone traveled and entered on an advance parole that person is not subject to special registration even if he/she is from a special registration country. There was a letter ruling from the "formerly INS" regarding that issue. I hope that explains it.

By the way, I am not muslim nor my name shows it "with all respect to all the muslims".

that is not accurate

txgcslave,

You should have registered even if you entered the country on advanced payrole. I asked my lawyer and another lawyer also I saw in a meeting and they all said traveling on advanced payrole does not change that. Only getting the green card does that.

I don't believe it is true. Even if you travel on GC, you still have to register.

I know a person in the neighbour hoo d - he is from Pakistan - he has Green Card for years - he could not enter the country because he did not register. He had to go back to Pakistan. He spoke with Embassy there and did something from there and came back later. He was upset....

The reason that I am not subject to special registration is that I left the US and entered it back on an advance parole. If someone traveled and entered on an advance parole that person is not subject to special registration even if he/she is from a special registration country. There was a letter ruling from the "formerly INS" regarding that issue. I hope that explains it.

By the way, I am not muslim nor my name shows it "with all respect to all the muslims".

txgcslave buddy, my first i-140 was rejected just one day after my birthday back to 1997, it does not matter, that just was the way ins gives us green card, go to the interview, you will be fine.

happy birthday!! the birthday boy today :p

registration

is reqd irrespective of travel back on advance parole. I would suggest that contact a good lawyer and see if they can go with you for this interview, this is very important..for a few bucks dont avoid taking a lawyer

TXGCSlave,

Go to local Atlanta office to schedule an interview as scheduled by poongunranar. But I do not know why he asked to wait for 40 days. hmmm.. No harm going there now.. at the most they will ask you to come back later.

Please keep us posted with your case.

txgcslave

Were you paroled in on the basis of pending I-485 or some other status?. I have a friend who came back on travel doc in late 2000 on a pending I-485 and at the registration time last year he was told not to register by an immigration officer in FL since he had a parole status.

So please let us know more detail and good luck on your interview.

Thanks

I personally know atleast 4 people who had pending I485 (based on labour/i140) and they were not subject to special registration based on entry on advance parole in the USA.
If you have pending 485 it doesn't matter(you have to register) but if you entered using advance parole then they donot register you at airport, but I also know one person whom they register even he entered on advance parole...

raju

Originally posted by raju99
I personally know atleast 4 people who had pending I485 (based on labour/i140) and they were not subject to special registration based on entry on advance parole in the USA.
If you have pending 485 it doesn't matter(you have to register) but if you entered using advance parole then they donot register you at airport, but I also know one person whom they register even he entered on advance parole... raju

If there was a real special registration requirement here that wasn't complied with, you wouldn't be getting a transfer notice. USCIS would probably be sending you an RFE demanding proof of registration, or a Notice of Intent to Deny.

I sent back an EVL in response to an RFE, and got transferred a year and a half ago to Atlanta. Still waiting.

With my all respect to all of you guys. I know that I am not subject to special registration. I entered on a "parolee" status or pending I-485. Once you do that, you are not subject to registration even if you want to. they don't register you. Believe me I tried. I know that for fact. I had three lawyers looking into it and all three of them gave a copy of the ruling to keep with me at all time and to show it in case I am questioned. So that is not the issue.

What I think the issue is the officer's IGNORANCE. That's what it is.

Another Atlanta transferree waiting.....

Its like being stuck between heaven and hell...released by TX... but stuck somewhere above Louisiana...

txGCSlave

txGCSlave, How are you doing?

Any update on local Atl processing? Any explanantion on date moving BACK to April 01? It was stuck at May 01 for six months and then was at July 09, 01 for 6 months. Are we in here for another 2 years?

I am doing fine. Thank you.

I am planning to go to Atlanta Office this week. I will post my experience. Anything else, I have pretty much nothing to say. Actually, after our trip to Washington I truly have nothing to say.

Again, thank you for asking.