case transferred!! i feel disgusted

no i havent heard from his office.
should i call them?
also what am i gonna ask them now? expedite local interview?
and i am not sure but may be asking senator and congressman triggered my transfer?

yoda, you didn't tell me what's the RFE about.
I can't figure out what triggers your transfer.

I think the office inquiry do trigger the transfer. But that could be because your case was going to be transferred long time ago, and they forgot about your case totally, after the
markey office inquiry, they found out about your case, and tranfer it to local office.

I'm not sure if Markey's office can help you expedite, but since now the case is transferred anyway, why not ask them. won't hurt anything.

I hope the interview will be in two months

Answers for your questions.

Yoda,

Here are the answers for the questions.
1. do i get a letter from VSC about the transfer? and when?

Answer: I filed my 485 from NSC. NSC sent me and my spouse 2 notices saying that they transferred our case to speed up processing and Boston onffice will let us know the decision. They did not mention anything about the interview. The transfer was within a few weeks after we sent the response to the RFE (Employment letter and Status verification . Sent EVL and H1/EAD copies)

2. when should i expect interview date from boston office. you told me that interview might take 2-7 months but what about the interview letter? are they going to send it soon or closer to the interview date?

Answer: I got the interview letter within a month after they transferred the case. Can transferred Jan 6th. Letter from NSC came a week after that. Interview letters/2nd fp letter recieved from Boston on Feb 6th (dated Feb 5th). Interview was on August 5th. So the interview came at exactly 6 months. If you look at other peoples experience and the details posted in the spreadsheet in the thread under VSC local transfers to boston you can see people have got interviews sooner.

3. do both lawyer and myself get the letter? or just me?

Interview letter is CC:d to the lawyer. You get the original.

4. i am going to change my address pretty soon. how do i inform boston office. or would AR-11 form suffice?

I dont know about this. My guess is that you should submit AR-11 for following the rule. You should notify VSC through your lawyer about change of address. You should also notify Boston local office about the change of address and verify it to make sure that Boston has the correct address. This is because there are cases where they scheduled and interview, descheduled it and then scheduled it again. You cant find the case status anymore from AVM and online. Only way is to go to local office. Best thing is to make sure that they have your new address. There is no need to contact congressman etc., for this. Just wait for some time and you will get your interview letter. Start preparing for it to get all the documentation in place.

Good luck,

Toughdba.

yoda, I found this on immigration.com

CSC has no control over the district office�s interview queue. If the case has been forwarded to the local district then
contacting the district office would be appropriate to expedite the interview or request special handling. If the case is
un-adjudicated then the normal fax inquiry process would be best to have the case expeditiously sent to the district for
special handling.

Seems you can ask local office to expedite the interview!

medical RFE was simply because of dr's oversight. he didnt fill the form correctly.
i did my medicals again after RFE and this time he filled the forms properly and gave me photocopies so i don't think medical was an issue.

Well, your doctor messed you up then. Actually, sometimes they transfer case because of medical.

Did you call markey's office? Let her know your case is tranferred and if she can arrange an early interview since you have been waiting forever.

dengdeng,
lot of your responses are incorrect these days and you post them with so much confidence as if you are working in the local offices..

A few threads before also I saw you giving a guarantee to somebody that he will definetly get the green card in 1 month... Which is total crap....

My case was transferred to local office in Feb end in VA. There are people waiting there with transfer dates of Aug 2002. So stop giving fake hopes to people and post correct information.. Boston is fast, but ain't no body getiing their interivew epxedited. Its just not the norm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Swaiting, why you use such harsh words on me.

First, boston is different from VA. My friend just got interviewed and his case transferred in June. Every office is different and each period is different. If your case get transferred in Jan/Feb, probably is 6 months because that time they are busy with special registration. You eat the sour grapes and accept the reality that you live in VA not MA.

Second, I didn't say he will get expedite from congressman, but trying will not hurt.

Third, I never said a case guranteed approved in 1 month, I said "probably will be", and that only applies to case assigned to officer before 2nd fp issued, not for everyone who did 2nd fp. And the estimate is 1.5 to 2 months not 1 month. And I pointed out it's based on observations of recently approved cases.

dengdeng,
The intention is not to criticise the hard work you have done for this forum. You are a very Senior person on this forum and helped a ton of people like me. But your responses in even very complicated cases are so pin-pointed that it some times gives fake hope to people.... thats all i intended to say.....

goodluck in your GC too....

Hope is what we need in this dark period. I tried to point out that's just my observation, not a guarantee. And people know it's not a guarantee.
How can you guarantee something you can't control.
Without hope, life is without sun light.

Thanks toughdba for detailed response!!

also i dont think we should start criticizing each other harshly. i think everyone is trying to help others in good faith.

One Transfer was due to the following:
The Person had his TB skin test positive, and went for Chest Xray and was OK...His case was transferred to a local office, and when he enquired on the reason for his transfer @ interview time, he was told that the IIO had mentioned a note on his medical condition and had transferred so that the local officer can explain in person on that...!! [the guy had praised the IIO :) ]
Just browse thru the forum and you would get this info in detail..!
3-4 months timeframe thread..!!

So don't worry...Could be anything simple too..!

yoda, have you called Markey's office? She may know why your case is tranferred since it happened
same time, must be because her inquiry. Just tell her your case get transferred and ask her if VSC tell her anything more about your case.

Yoda/toughdba,

Way back in January I got an employment offer from Boston and started my new employment too. But blving that I need to stay in Atlanta till my GC get approved, I travelled from there on a weekly basis.

In the meantime in July I got an RFE. I responded to the RFE and subsequent to that got a transfer notice. case is now transferred to Atlanta. I am confused. Cd you guys help me understand:

1. My employer has been waiting for my relocation since past six months. They can not wait any more. Can I relocate and submit AR-11 form to BCIS. or
2. Change my employment and get back to Atlanta?

Appreciate your response...thanks

greencard01, so your case is transferred to atlanta, Jan/2004, right? Interview is just a formality, you'll be approved as long as you have a job

Originally posted by dengdeng
greencard01, so your case is transferred to atlanta, Jan/2004, right? Interview is just a formality, you'll be approved as long as you have a job

Considering I've been waiting since October 2002 with no interview in sight, I wouldn't hold my breath on that 2004 date.

Yodo/Toughdba,

Did you get my last msg? Sorry I am not sure if got posted since my pc behaved funny while posting process.

Realcanadian/dengdeng,

Pls let me know what do you think on the following:

1. My employer has been waiting for my relocation since past six months. They can not wait any more. Can I relocate and submit AR-11 form to BCIS.

I mean get the case transferred to Boston and relocate?

2. Change my employment and get back to Atlanta? or

I fear BCIS may find it funny that I work in Boston and stay in Atlanta.