Case Transfered to Local Office - Interview scheduled

Singh6

Registered Users (C)
My wife’s case has been transferred to a local office and an interview has been scheduled for June/… /2007.
a. Saying ‘This Interview will be video taped’ & Asked for following docs:
b. Petitioner & All beneficiary(s) must be present. Bring this letter, All Passport(s), official ID, Medical Exam results.
c. Bring originals of all docs submitted with your application. One extra copy for each beneficiary.
d. A current Letter of Employment for you, the petitioner and the co-sponsor (Salary, start date & position)
e. Original & one copy of yours and any co-sponsors income tax forms, W2s for last 3 years.
f. Originals (+ one copy for any family member applying with you) of Marriage Certificate, Insurance policies, Rental agreements, Deeds, Bank/Credit statements, Children’s birth records.
g. Utility Bills, Wedding Photos, and any other evidence you feel would help you establish that your marriage is bonafide.
______
My wife’s case history:
2001 -- I-730 applied
2002 -- I-730 approved -- She was interviewed in US Embassy in COP-COP origin IO decided to keep her case on hold (for a long time) for no-reason.
Nov/2003 -- She EWI - US through Canada-- (and got her EAD, SSN, ID on the basis of approved I-730)
2004 -- IO in Delhi recommended her I-730 for denial (by saying that our date of marriage is in-correct) when US congressman started pressurizing him to make a decision.
June/2004 --INS asked me for a rebuttal --I replied, but! They still denied the petition, by saying that they did not receive my rebuttal
July/2004 -- I challenged this decision with INS – based on their receipt of docs --I-730 was re-opened
Nov/2004 -- She applied for asylum within one year of her arrival. Interview date was fixed.
Dec/2004 -- I received a letter (‘NOT’ on doc ‘notice of Action’) on I-730 case --stating ‘DECISION’ on USCIS letter head with ‘Acting Director’s signatures’ stating ‘IT IS ORDERED that this petition be approved’ – it was cc’d to US Embassy in New Delhi. (Her petition status in USCIS web site was never changed to approved or re-approved)
Dec/2004 -- Showed (received -- I-730) Decision letter to asylum office supervisor. She advised us to skip asylum interview and visit local office for an I-94 – Did -- Local INS office checked letter and her status in their system and then they issued her an I-94 (Asylum status Granted).
Dec/2004 -- Asylum office closed her I-589 “ADMINISTRATIVELY’
Jan/2006 -- Applied for I-485 (Adjustment of Status).
Mar/2006 -- RFE (medical) & BIO – Complete.
April/2007 -- her I-485 transferred to local office for interview.
June/2007 -- Interview scheduled
_____
Additional Info:: One of my friend's spouse had a similar case. And IO --at the time of interview --instructed her to provide proofs of her EWI entry on/around the mentioned date. She received her I-485 approval within a month after her interview.
_____
Questions:
1. ‘Interview will be Video Taped’ – Is it normal on all interview letters?
2. It appeared that it is a routine letter (because she is a petitioner & a beneficiary both) -- kindly correct me if I am wrong?
a. We only have copies of her national passport with Canadian Visa –Is it enough for NP request? Rest of the docs are available.
3. Our/Her official immigration/mailing address is in CA but our income tax returns of year 2003, 2004 & 2005 show a different state (where I own a company) in address. Rest of 6/7 years show state of CA as our address. Is it OK (?) if she mention that our CA address is permanent mailing address only, her husband’s profession require her to move a lot (sometimes –even to hotels for months), she do not own any property in any state so they filed taxes on the basis of their company address. ----- It is true as well --- do you think that this answer will not cause any extra trouble... ?
4. Any other kind advice please.

Regards …. Singh6

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife’s case has been transferred to a local office and an interview has been scheduled for June/… /2007.
a. Saying ‘This Interview will be video taped’ & Asked for following docs:
b. Petitioner & All beneficiary(s) must be present. Bring this letter, All Passport(s), official ID, Medical Exam results.
c. Bring originals of all docs submitted with your application. One extra copy for each beneficiary.
d. A current Letter of Employment for you, the petitioner and the co-sponsor (Salary, start date & position)
e. Original & one copy of yours and any co-sponsors income tax forms, W2s for last 3 years.
f. Originals (+ one copy for any family member applying with you) of Marriage Certificate, Insurance policies, Rental agreements, Deeds, Bank/Credit statements, Children’s birth records.
g. Utility Bills, Wedding Photos, and any other evidence you feel would help you establish that your marriage is bonafide.
______
My wife’s case history:
2001 -- I-730 applied
2002 -- I-730 approved -- She was interviewed in US Embassy in COP-COP origin IO decided to keep her case on hold (for a long time) for no-reason.
Nov/2003 -- She EWI - US through Canada-- (and got her EAD, SSN, ID on the basis of approved I-730)
2004 -- IO in Delhi recommended her I-730 for denial (by saying that our date of marriage is in-correct) when US congressman started pressurizing him to make a decision.
June/2004 --INS asked me for a rebuttal --I replied, but! They still denied the petition, by saying that they did not receive my rebuttal
July/2004 -- I challenged this decision with INS – based on their receipt of docs --I-730 was re-opened
Nov/2004 -- She applied for asylum within one year of her arrival. Interview date was fixed.
Dec/2004 -- I received a letter (‘NOT’ on doc ‘notice of Action’) on I-730 case --stating ‘DECISION’ on USCIS letter head with ‘Acting Director’s signatures’ stating ‘IT IS ORDERED that this petition be approved’ – it was cc’d to US Embassy in New Delhi. (Her petition status in USCIS web site was never changed to approved or re-approved)
Dec/2004 -- Showed (received -- I-730) Decision letter to asylum office supervisor. She advised us to skip asylum interview and visit local office for an I-94 – Did -- Local INS office checked letter and her status in their system and then they issued her an I-94 (Asylum status Granted).
Dec/2004 -- Asylum office closed her I-589 “ADMINISTRATIVELY’
Jan/2006 -- Applied for I-485 (Adjustment of Status).
Mar/2006 -- RFE (medical) & BIO – Complete.
April/2007 -- her I-485 transferred to local office for interview.
June/2007 -- Interview scheduled
_____
Additional Info:: One of my friend's spouse had a similar case. And IO --at the time of interview --instructed her to provide proofs of her EWI entry on/around the mentioned date. She received her I-485 approval within a month after her interview.
_____
Questions:
1. ‘Interview will be Video Taped’ – Is it normal on all interview letters?
2. It appeared that it is a routine letter (because she is a petitioner & a beneficiary both) -- kindly correct me if I am wrong?
a. We only have copies of her national passport with Canadian Visa –Is it enough for NP request? Rest of the docs are available.
3. Our/Her official immigration/mailing address is in CA but our income tax returns of year 2003, 2004 & 2005 show a different state (where I own a company) in address. Rest of 6/7 years show state of CA as our address. Is it OK (?) if she mention that our CA address is permanent mailing address only, her husband’s profession require her to move a lot (sometimes –even to hotels for months), she do not own any property in any state so they filed taxes on the basis of their company address. ----- It is true as well --- do you think that this answer will not cause any extra trouble... ?
4. Any other kind advice please.

Regards …. Singh6

did she lose her NP?

Any replies.. Please...

Everything you have listed is normal. A word of caution: she should take the interview seriously. A transfer to a local office does not happen without a reason. Make sure she goes over her case...she might be questioned for certain aspects of her case. Just in case she is asked to sign any form or is grilled with questions that go beyond a normal document clarification procedure, the best thing is not to do that without consulting with a lawyer. This is the worst case scenario.

Everything should be fine. Good Luck!

Singh,

Its normal for an interview with this complicated immigration history as Thankful also pointed out. My concern is your wife's EWI...Have you filed a I-602 waiver? I know that EWI adjustment are hard to process?

My friends....Thanks for your replies.

Asylee01.... Thanks, I was shocked that why they wanna do video recording.... Is it just a routine row on this kinda letters or they do use 'video Taping' in reality?

Sinnersroom... Yes! she doesnt have her NP any more... but she does have its coloured photocopies with her.

Juxhin ... regarding 'going over her case'.... Are you talking about her I-485 case and her I-730 OR her own Political asylum application as well (eventhough asylum office had closed this application ADMINISTRATIVELY. Is there any probability that they can ask her questions from her own asylum application as well. I am trying to send one attorney-at-law with her so that he could oppose any un-related questions. This attorney had attended a similiar interview a year ago where the I-730 beneficary had EWI as well.

Thankful.... thanks for your reply..

Want....I have never filed I-602 waiver for her. Do you recommend her to take it with her during the interview and present it if IO ask for it. OR you want us to mail it prior to the interview. There are only 2 weeks left in this interview.

And... Regarding my second last question from the original post...i.e. "Our/Her official immigration/mailing address is in CA but our income tax returns of year 2003, 2004 & 2005 show a different state (where I own a company) in address field. Rest of 6/7 years show state of CA as our address. Is it OK (?) if she mention that our CA address is permanent mailing address only, her husband’s profession require her to move a lot (sometimes –even to hotels for months), she do not own any property in any state so they filed taxes on the basis of their company address. ----- It is true as well --- do you think that this answer will not cause any extra trouble... ?"

I have not filed my tax return for the last year yet... I can use CA address for this year (2006) ... 'and she can present this photocopy alongwith other 2. Do you guys recommend it ?

Thanks

Video recording is just another way to intimidate some people hoping that will keep them from lying. I still don't get it though, but that shouldn't bother you because you have nothing to hide.
Good Luck again.

well she may be able to file for a waiver I-602 for her entering the country without inspection...but be careful here about your permanent residency in Canada.
Good luck.

Hi Jublee... Thanks for your reply..... She is not a permanent Resident of Canada. It was only me who accepted their residency and not my family. Of-course my family members were issued immigrant Visas of Canada as well but their visas already got expired almost a year ago. Do you think that an expired Canadian immigrant visa in any of her travel document could cause any problem to her?

She has already sent a letter to CIC Buffallo to close her Immigrant visa case and to refund her right of Landing Fee. Is this action enough or should we take some extra action as well.

My interview is also video tape

Hi Got Igot Letter That I Hgave To Go To Interview On June 21 2007 And They May Be Recorde My Interview .i Don't Know Why They Want To Video Record It .

Interview - Done
Time taken <= 8 minutes
Video Tape - No (I was told that this office video tape only those cases where they suspect criminal history, dual identity etc) --So it appears Video taping sentence come as a routine line on Interview letters.
Number of questions asked: 2 (1. married or single ? .... 2. if she ever took any financial aid from county or somewhere ?)
Any thing else - IO took her fingerprint (of one finger) and signature.

Result: I-485 Approved ---- (IO told my wife that he has requested for her I-589 file and he will mail approval letter after clubbing both of her I-589 and I-485 files)

IO mentioned that her FBI name check, finger prints etc were OK and since her fingerprints were going to expire within 3 weeks so he will try his best to issue approval letter before this date of BIO expiry.

I was highly afraid because of my wife's complicated immigration history and EWI status. I would like to thank all of you (Want, Asylee01, Sinnersroom, Juxhin, Thankful, Jubilee) and this great forum for your kind support and valuable advices.

I had sent one attorney alongwith her so that he could oppose if IO go out of track ... but to my surprise --- IO was an extremely nice guy who mentioned that as per his analysis this case was all OK.

My conclusion - Once an A # is issued to dependants of asylees based on their I-730 --- then whatever way they use to enter this respected nation --- they are fine ..... They can get EAD etc based on their I-730 approvals. They simply need to appear in any USCIS office to request for I-94. Also ... if some extremely famous and highly expensive CA based attornies give some advices then we should not trust them blindly..... because they all proved "Wrong" in this case.

Hi Singh6,

Please accept my congratulations for the successfull interview. I am happy that every thing went so smooth.

Based on ur experience after going through this process, Can u please tell me what u think of the situation of I-730's of my family who are in USA & entered legally but their approval is taking too long. They have done their BIO 3 & have been allotted A#'s. Their approval is out of process time by 11 months.
Do u think since they have been allotted A# therefore their approval is definite?

Thanks

Expedte I-730

HI chang1428 if you want to expedite your case ,you have to write to Laura Bush office to White House. it's really helpful .100%

congratulation Singh6

Hi Singh6,congratulation my friend,and i have one question can you please tell me you had interview in Los Angeles local office ?? and if yes what floor and room number,i'm asking you about it because somebody told me that my interview will be in 2ND floor room 2050 and it is marriage fraud detection room.i don't know it's true???

thank you

Thanks guys ....

Chang... If I was you then I would have contacted my US congressman ... It really helped me when my I-730 was stuck overseas and also in USA.

Monch ... This interview was not in Los Angeles local office.

Questions ????

Well! I had proudly posted this thread that IO had verbally told my wife that her case is being approved. We havent heard anything since then. We didn't receive any approval during last 4 months, and her fingerprints also got expired almost within 20 days of her intreview.

I have booked an infopass appointment with local office for this Tuesday to enquire further. I have also called the 800 number yesterday and the customer service officer has given us a confirmation Number alongwith a verbal surity that we will get a written response within one month, and if we dont, then we should contact them again.

Question: should we still go for infopass appointment as scheduled OR this phone call/confirmation number is going to be enough. Also Does it make any difference if we keep calling them and keep receiving new confirmation numbers on every call once or twice a week untill they respond. Do we have any other option ?

Please ...

Well! I had proudly posted this thread that IO had verbally told my wife that her case is being approved. We havent heard anything since then. We didn't receive any approval during last 4 months, and her fingerprints also got expired almost within 20 days of her intreview.

I have booked an infopass appointment with local office for this Tuesday to enquire further. I have also called the 800 number yesterday and the customer service officer has given us a confirmation Number alongwith a verbal surity that we will get a written response within one month, and if we dont, then we should contact them again.

Question: should we still go for infopass appointment as scheduled OR this phone call/confirmation number is going to be enough. Also Does it make any difference if we keep calling them and keep receiving new confirmation numbers on every call once or twice a week untill they respond. Do we have any other option ?

Please ...

I would wait until you get the written reply. If you don't get the written reply, then have your inquiry number and make an info pass.