Case transfered in MIAMI !!!

Hello there! I completely understand you since I am more or less in a similar situation.

My case was transferred from TSC to Miami around April 2004 (my case was filed in 2003). My lawyer went through my file with me trying to look for anything that made Texas transfer my case to Miami (my PD is Nov/01 and we thought It might have something to do with the gap in dates) I got a little bit scared since what I understood is that transfers to Service Centers were due to unconsistencies or that something may be wrong... in July '05 I received the interview letter asking me for a list of information they needed (banking information of the sponsoring company, paystub, tax returns, lease contracts, passport, driver licenses, etc..) I gathered all the information and went to the interview.

That was Oct. 6, the officer was a little bit intimidating (or I was so nervous I sensed so) he took my index fingerprint (left hand? right hand? I can't remember!!!) and started the interview, where do I work, birthdate... give mi this.. give me that... what I did (and I think that helps a lot) I numbered all the information they requested and built a file, very organized and neat, originals of certain things and copies, once done, I made a copy of the whole thing, just in case, took me few hours but, believe me it's worth it!!) as soon as the officer started requesting information I was going through my file and handing documents to her, then it came a moment that she told me that I was approved but no visa numbers were available for my category (EB3) so she gave me the interview letter stamped and sent me accross the street to get a picture (supposedly for my GC) and told me to go back to the building and leave it in the dropbox outside the office (it was on the 6th floor... that I remember!). Aaandd... until today that my priority date is still not current (Nov 22, 2001) and it's been almost a year since my interview. During the interview, no name check information was given, I renewed my third EAD in December and still waiting.

What exact priority date you have? if it is Oct 1st I would request an infopass appointment to talk to an officer regarding the priority date, and may be... (that's what I think) they might stamp your passport. But make sure your date is Oct 1st, since if it's after that date... it could be a waste of time.

Whising you the best of luck

AJVM

Hi AJVM ,

I think that you are OK , just wait for your PD to become current !!! After that you will receive their response !!! I don't think that they will stamp the passports anymore , but with the letter you've got , you'll be OK if you contact them once your PD is current !!!
My PD is Oct 18/2001 , so i'll continue to wait !!!

Good luck to you all and god speed !!!

Regards,

ghebauer

HEEEEEEYYYYYY !!!
I just find out that the September Visa Buletin is out and the PD it is for March 2002 or so !!! It's about time !!!

Hopefully we all get the news now !!! Thank you GOD !!! It's time for me to take control of this matter now to !!! God it is with all of us if we keep faith in him !!! Let's hear the news now !!!

Thank you God for watching over all of us !!!

Ghebauer!!!

Thanks to our dear God!!!!

We are current! yay!.. yesterday (and today, and most probably tomorrow) I've been celebrating. I called my attorney and since she wasn't there, one of her paralegals told me to call back to find out see what's the next step, wether I wait for them to send me the approval or make an infopass appointment and get my passport stamped or wait for physical card and have it as a very nice birthday gift (october). I was looking at the processing dates at the Miami DO. They are processing I485's of Jan-06. Have you thought of making an infopass appointment for an inquiry on the case?? Just thinking...

Forgot to include in my post that the letter they stamped for me was to let me back in the building when returning with the pictures. I had to leave the letter clipped with the pictures... so I do not have it

The PD current feels good doesn't it?

Let's continue praying to see next visa's bulletin with "C"s all over the place :)

Have a wonderful sunny sunday

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,
Miami DO processing times are not concludent !!! They do not show the real processing time for cases like ours !! We have to wait for a notice from them when the cases are taken care of !!! Waiting continues , and hopefully will hear from them soon !!!

amerikanka said:
Hi there guys,

Nope, there is nothing new. I called and the answer is still the same - namecheck is pending, have to wait till it's done. The officer confirmed it was started in 2004, although did not tell me exact date. He said, they did send another request to FBI after the interview, of course, I have no proof it is true. As I thought, looks like this phone number thing is useless. All I can do is wait. Unless, I want to go to the court, which I am not inclined to do now. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

amerikanka

hei amerikanka ,

How are you doing ??? Any news on your case ???

Meanwhile , my PD became available to , and i'm waiting for some news from the USCIS !!! Let's hope that we'll pass thru this soon !!!
Keep hope , because everything will be OK , i'm sure !!!

Good luck and best wishes !!!

ghebauer

Hey Ghebauer,

Congratulations on your PD becoming current, it is a big step. It looks like we are OK till the end of the year (October) and hopefully, then we'll get some new visas available, so we should be OK for a while. I wish you to hear some news on your case soon. I am a little depressed about my case, I hear some people are waiting for their namechecks to clear for years (although it has been about 3 years for me already), but I'm hopefull it will be over for me one day. I am getting married next month, I guess, I'll have to decide if I want to apply through marriage then or wait for my employment green card to come through.. Anyways, good luck and keep in touch!

amerikanka

amerikanka said:
Hey Ghebauer,

Congratulations on your PD becoming current, it is a big step. It looks like we are OK till the end of the year (October) and hopefully, then we'll get some new visas available, so we should be OK for a while. I wish you to hear some news on your case soon. I am a little depressed about my case, I hear some people are waiting for their namechecks to clear for years (although it has been about 3 years for me already), but I'm hopefull it will be over for me one day. I am getting married next month, I guess, I'll have to decide if I want to apply through marriage then or wait for my employment green card to come through.. Anyways, good luck and keep in touch!

amerikanka

Hi amerikanka ,

Thanks again for your kind words !!!
I'm sure that you'll hear from them very soon !!! I talk to my lawyer on Monday , and he told me that they've got a lot of aprovals in the last period , and that make me think that your it's on the way too !!! You case is like allready aproved , so you should not have nothing to worry about !!! Even , yesterday also , a friend of mine got aproved letter , and today he got the CARD in the mail , too !!! That's good sign for everybody !!! Keep hope and faith in God , and everything will be OK !!!

Best wishes ,

4ghebauer

Hi there Ghebauer,

I think, your kind wishes & words have worked, last Friday on Sep 7th I received Welcome Letter in the mail (it had Texas return address). I checked online status as well for the receipt number (it's different than the one on my I-485) and it says that after approval of my application my new card was ordered and will be mailed to me as soon as ready. I think, this means my struggle for permanent resicency is almost over. I just have to wait for the actual plastic card now. I wanted to let you know and wish that yours will be over very soon as well. Hang in there, you're almost done! I had times when I was pretty depressed about it and almost gave up, but finally day came when I held the letter in my hand, and I think, soon I'll finally find out what freedom in America tastes like :) Good luck and the best of wishes to you!

(now for real) amerikanka

YESSSS AMERIKANKA !!!

I've told you that is coming !!! I'm so happy for you , for my friend who got aproved a little while ago , and that's good sign that they try to work harder now on all cases !!! All the best and i hope that when you'll get your card , you'll party... and party... until they change the currency !!! All my best wishes to you , your family , and good luck in your future !!!

About me :( ....nothing new !!! The 30 days pass , since my PD was current , and NO ANSWER !!!! :confused:

How long it took for you to get an answer from them , since your PD got current ????

My lawyer is going to make an inquiery on my case , because i think these guys just forgot about me , my fingerprints are expired allready (22 months) too !!! Let's see whats going on there !!! I'll keep in touch , if anything is comming on the way !!!

Again , i want to wish you all the best and continue to keep faith in GOD !!! GOD it's up there and is watching all of us here !!!

BEST wishes and regards,

ghebauer

Congrats amerikanka!

You can use the receipt number on the I-181 Welcome Notice to check the status of your card online. It will change from Card Ordered, to Card Mailed, and then you should get it in a couple of days after that.

If you want to compare dates, when my interview was approved, this is how quickly I got the card:

AD:11/29/04
PPS:11/29/04
I-181 Welcome Notice:12/06/04
CO:12/10/04
CM:12/14/04
CR:12/17/04

GHEBAUER said:
my fingerprints are expired allready (22 months) too !!!

GHEBAUER,
My fingerprints also expired when my case was waiting in Miami for an interview. Miami eventually sent me a new fingerprint notice. It looks different than the one that comes from TSC, since it tells you to go get your fingerprints scheduled ASAP, unlike the TSC notice that actually gives you a date when you should go. It was a rough photocopy of a photocopy with hand written notes on it! Then a month later I got my interview notice. The time between my fingerprint date and my interview date was less than a month apart. I'm guessing once Miami actually picked up my case, they sent all the notices at once.

Its a good idea to have your lawyer do an inquiry. I believe this is what got my case to move a little faster too.

Thank you Ghebauer and CuriousGeorge!

I've been checking status of I-181 online and today it has changed to

This case has been approved. On September 11, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Looks like they mailed me something, hopefully it's my long awaited green card..

In my case things were exactly like CuriousGeorge's. I got fingerprints and interview letter at the same time, with interview date about a month away. By the way, I got all this just over a month after my PD got current, so I really think you'll hear something soon Ghebauer. I have tried to do inquiries few times, but it was no use, I never even got a response. Perhaps it's different when you have an attorney. I wish you luck!!! Make sure your address is correct in their system though, if you moved in the recent years, I'd suggest making an INFOPASS appointment to verify everything. I moved from one apartment to another in the same building and it took Miami office about 1 year to correct it (I was going there once a month to remind them), it was a nightmare. I was very happy my interview and fingerprints letters made it to correct address no problem. I'm very happy, after five years this is finally coming to an end. Thank you again for supporting me and I wish you the same very soon!!! You are on the finish line, that's for sure!!

Congrats!

Amerikanka... "Welcome to the United States of America" :D :D :D

It's a great thing that your journey to the GC dream is over. The best of luck for you and your family, do not forget to take into consideration de "resident since" date in your GC, it is very important for your citizenship (I know.. I know... still 5 years to come but... important as well if you want to become a citizen). I called USCIS to change my address and the cust. service lady told me to make an appointment in Miami, take my passport, receipt notice and copy of my I-140 (that shows the priority date) so I get my passport stamped. My husband, in the other hand, received a letter from Miami Office to get his fingerprints again (I did not receive the letter, I guess mine are still current). And I made an infopass appointment for Sept.25 to speak to an immigration officer. I might get something in the mail in the interim, but I am afraid that numbers may retrogress and then the wait starts again. Ghebauer, it's a good thing that your lawyer made an inquiry, they will pull out your file and at least will be in top of someone's desk :) , good luck!!

I'll keep you guys posted if something comes up.

Have a wonderful day!

AJVM

Amerikanka.. enjoy your freedom.

amerikanka said:
Make sure your address is correct in their system though, if you moved in the recent years, I'd suggest making an INFOPASS appointment to verify everything. I moved from one apartment to another in the same building and it took Miami office about 1 year to correct it (I was going there once a month to remind them), it was a nightmare.

This is very true. It turns out that Miami seems to uses a different database to get your address than the one that TSC and the 1-800 number people use. So even if you sent an AR-11, and you also called the 1-800 number get your address changed, your address has a good chance of being incorrect at the Miami office. I went 3 times to the Miami office, and everytime I went they pulled up yet another database with my incorrect address!!! In the end, the interview notce still did not make it to me. But luckily my lawyer got a copy. That copy had my old address on it!!

During the interview, the office confirmed my address, and the one he had in his system was the old one!! I gave him the new address and then the I-181 and the green card all arrived at the new address, finally.

curiousGeorge said:
This is very true. It turns out that Miami seems to uses a different database to get your address than the one that TSC and the 1-800 number people use. So even if you sent an AR-11, and you also called the 1-800 number get your address changed, your address has a good chance of being incorrect at the Miami office. I went 3 times to the Miami office, and everytime I went they pulled up yet another database with my incorrect address!!! In the end, the interview notce still did not make it to me. But luckily my lawyer got a copy. That copy had my old address on it!!

During the interview, the office confirmed my address, and the one he had in his system was the old one!! I gave him the new address and then the I-181 and the green card all arrived at the new address, finally.

Tha is true, Curious, I also sent a letter to the Miami office (following my lawyer's advice) informing them about the address change. Let's see what happens. I forwarded my mail to my new address. Is it true that GC's do not get forwarded? I asked the postman and he insisted that yes, they do forward it but I read in the USCIS page that it doesn't get forwarded.

Thanks Amerikanka and CuriousGeorge ,

I want to thank you all for the info provided here !!! I think that i do not have any problems or issues with my address , because i'm living in the same place for long time , and i've got all my mails in order until now !!! Anyway i've brought this matter up to my lawyer too , to make sure that everything it's ok !!! He prepare all the documents for sending the inquiry to them to see what's happen there , and i hope that i'll receive an answer soon !!! I'll let you know if i have any news !!!
Thanks again and God Bless .

ghebauer

Infopass Hell

Hi all, I just wanted to share my experience today @ the USCIS customer service center in Miami.

Went there (thinking it was in the office in Biscayne Blvd), thanks God my husband read the appointment letter and it was in another location. We came on time.. waited an hour and a half and when finally an immigration officer spoke to us she told us (with a horrible attitude) that my card was mailed on 9/21 and my husband was transferred back to TSC :eek: :eek: . Also noted that, even though we changed the address at the same time, the address in my file was updated but not in my husband's :confused: :confused: . At the end.. no use.. the immigration "officer" did not stamp the passport and it was a total waste of time.

Once we got out of there, I called my attorney asking her why my case was "approved" but my husband wasn't and one of the assistants told me that this may happen and that she needs to find out what happened in his case. Once we got home and got the mail, there was 3 welcome notice for me (to the old address), and decided to call customer service. My husband changed the address and made an inquiry on his case and, same status as a year and something ago when the case was transferred (not new since once the file goes to a local office no more updates are posted). He asked if there was anything wrong since we had our interview almost a year ago and the only reason for not stamping the passport was for the visa number availability. Of course, no logical answer at all... then I spoke to the Cust. Svc representative and made an inquiry on my I181 AND she told me that the CARD wasn't ordered. Let's wait in the mail and see if the card was mailed and see why my husband's file was transferred back to texas. Does anyone have a similar experience? Comments will be greatly appreciated.

AJVM :mad:

Hi AJVM ,

At least your case it's been aproved , and your wife's will be aproved too , very soon !!! So do not worry , it will come soon !!!
My friend's case was interviewed in Miami , and after that was transfered to Texas , from were he got the aproval lately , with different case number too ( different from the old SRC no. he had !!!). Also , lately , they do not stamp passports anymore , and you should receive the aproval notice and the card in the mail soon !!! Just be patient and continue to stay on top with your wife's case !!!
Good luck to you all !!!

ghebauer

Thanks Ghebauer!

I was so upset that day for my husband's case that I did not celebrate mine :p now seeing things in perspective, transfers back to the service center happen a lot and one detail is that his fingerprints were outdated and he received a letter to take them again, he went on 9/13 (date of my welcome notice) which was not even two weeks before the interview. My new SRC number says in the online message that it was approved on 09/21 and an approval notice was mailed :rolleyes: . But let me tell you that while I was waiting at the immigration facility that day, I saw a lot of stampings. The lady we spoke to had a stamp in her desk labeled "temporary I-551", may be I did not get stamped because I could not get my eyes off that stamp! :D thank you for your kind words and I keep my fingers crossed for you!!

AJVM