case transfer to san francisco

Finallllly Approved

Dear Friends,
Got my GC approval letter yesterday. I had my interview on Mar 14th.
They asked for police clearance letter for my wife since here finger prints were not clear. I submitted the documents on 28th feb. So finally got the letter after 2 weeks.

I would like to thank all you for your help and I am sure yours too will be approved sooon....

AKY

No reply

Maiaia,

No reply yet. It is more than 6 weeks ago I had the interview. Little bit scarred why they are taking so long.

Did you hear any news?

Lakshmi,

nothing here. I'm watching my mail like a hawk every day. Question for you, and others: Who was the officer who interviewed you? Maybe we can see a pattern of how they operate here. Mine was a guy named Samuel Macy.

cheers,

maiaia

approved apr 18

My wife and I were approved on Apr 18 by Samuel Macy.
We brought
- 2001-2004 Fed+CA tax returns incl W-2's, + copies
- employment verification letter (provided via attorney)
- I-134 (provided via attorney)
- E-10k of the company (DE-6 seems not to be appropriate due to confidentiality reasons)
- current and expired passports, + copies
- marriage certificate, wedding album, + copies of some pictures
- grant deed of our house, + copy
- joint credit card statements, bank statements, car title (documents showing joint interest), + copies
- all prior L and H approval notices, I-94, EAD's, AP's
What he effectively wanted to see were the immigration related documents, the grant deed, the tax returns, marriage certificate, EVL, I-134, E-10k. I forgot my SS card at home, but as long I could tell my SSN, he was content with that. He asked us about our times of coming into the US on L, H visa or AP, and some other rather casual questions about us, nothing serious or intimidating. We had our appointment at 7:45am, and were out the door about an hour later. Finally th nightmare is over, at least for 10 years ;-)

WAC03013xxxxx
PD: 5/31/01
RD: 10/11/02

Stevie33, congrats!

Seems like your experience with Macy was similar to mine (read uptread), except that he missed one piece of paper he was supposed to ask me to bring. I, too, didn't have my social security card with me (he didn't ask me to bring it) but he was happy when I recited it from memory.

Note to all: it is apparent that the interview notice consists of a list of "standard items" plus a few things that are specific to your case. The former are typed, part of the standard form; the latter are scribbled in by hand. Also, the person who sends the notice is the immigration officer who will interview you. They review your file and ask you to bring whatever they think is missing or whatever supporting information they feel they need.

I also suspect that the cases that are getting transferred to local offices for interviews are the ones that have been pending for so long that they INS needs to verify that your current situation reflects the information included in your I-485 from years ago. Instead of asking you to re-submit papers, they bring you in with the papers and, with a little luck, approve you on the spot.

I suppose it could be worse....

cheers,

maiaia (still waiting....)

Case Transferred back to CSC

My I -140 and I-485 are filed in Oct' 03. My I-485 was sent to SFO Locacl office in May '04. My I-140 is still with CSC and not yet approved. There is no response to repeated inquiries to NSC. When my Attorney called Emergency number, they told that it would take 2 weeks to get my file and asked Attorney to call after 2 weeks. When Attorney called after 2 weeks, they said they are still waiting for my file. Meanwhile I received a letter from SFO Office that my I-485 application is forwarded back to CSC for further processing and any future correspondence regarding the status must be directed to Office located at

California Service Center,
ATTN: Business and Trade Product Line,
2400 Avila Road, 2nd floor, Laguna Niguel, CA 91677.

Can some one tell me what this means? I was expecting an interview from SFO Office (at some time). Why did they forward back to CSC, is it because my I-140 is not yet approved. It looks like CSC lost my I-140 application. How do I find this? What does "ATTN: Business and Trade Product Line" mean? Is this a special division? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Approved 04/29

:D It was about time!!

Silver lining: 04/29 was also my parents' 35th anniversary. Oy! They got a good present! They had extra reason to celebrate.

Recap of stats:

WAC02-276-*****
RD 09/10/02
3 EADs, 3 APs
1st FP 10/02
2nd FP 08/14/04

Case transferred to SF 08/21/04
Interviewed on 03/28/05; missing one document
Mailed document on 03/30/05
Approved on 04/29/05, 2 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 5 days after RD.

I'm going to get an infopass to get it stamped. They asked me to bring all APs and EADs. They already have all my APs, though; Officer Macy collected them when I was interviewed. I do have a couple of EAD cards though.

Thanks very much to all who provided information through the years.

maiaia
:eek:

Maiaia

Congradulation.

I did got the interview on 2/28/05, did not get any letter till today. Getting really worried.
Nothing happend so far. Good luck and enjoy the freedom.

who was the officer?

Lakshmi2000 said:
Congradulation.

I did got the interview on 2/28/05, did not get any letter till today. Getting really worried.
Nothing happend so far. Good luck and enjoy the freedom.

AKY2004 said:
Did u get any reply from SF office ?

mine was moved from vermont to SF yesterday
Hey Did u move from Vermont to SF ? May be that is the reason they have transferred the case over here i guess.

Prakash

I think it is the same offcier Macy.

They asked me to send the proof of penalty paid for Sec 245 (i). It was not mentioned in the interview letter. However, I sent it by certified mail on the same day of interview 2/28/05. I had the interview two months ago.

really worried.
Thanks

Just send it once more by Fedex. Addressed to Office Macy

This would atleast make them remind you of your application. Also specify the A# etc on the cover letter. I think, they forgot about your case. Interview letter clearly asks for all documents, even the proof of penalty, if you have paid any. That is your fault, you didn't take it with you.

Lakshmi2000 said:

They asked me to send the proof of penalty paid for Sec 245 (i). It was not mentioned in the interview letter. However, I sent it by certified mail on the same day of interview 2/28/05. I had the interview two months ago.

really worried.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - resend it

Lakshmi2000 said:

really worried.
Thanks

Lakshmi,

When I had my interview and there was one document they had forgotten to write on the notice, officer Macy gave me an RFE form listing the document that they needed. He told me to address it to "Officer E-11/G" which is his number. Did your interviewing officer give you a photocopy listing what he needed from you?

If you're sure that Officer Macy was the one who interviewed you, resend the proof of penalty (I assume it has to be an original) with a cover letter explaining that you were interviewed on 2/28, there was a document missing, you sent in in but it's been 2 months, so you're resending. Send it via Fedex so you can track it, and make sure that you include "Attn.: Officer E-11/G" Also, in the cover letter, include all contact information - phone numbers, address, and email address - so that if they need anything else they can get a hold of you easily.

Give it one month. Officer Macy told me that it might take that long because "the mail room can be sort of slow." Whatever, but that's exactly how long it took after I sent in the document they were missing.

If after one month you still haven't heard, I'd write to Barbara Boxer.

Good luck,

maiaia

Maiaia

Thanks for your idea. I posted my letter. My document request letter did have only E-11 and did not have E-11/G. I will follow up with your suggestion. Thanks for taking time to write.

Lakshmi

I-485 approval with derivative petty theft/arrest case

Our I-485 is approved. We had our interview on Tuesday, April 26th, 2005. The officer was a female, a very nice lady. All the documents that she asked, we had them. Due to my wife's arrest case, she told us at the end of interview that she need her supervisor approval. Our attorney did request her to approve my case but she said she will do both of them at the same time. Since she kept our APs/I-94s and since we have travel plans at end of May, we asked her when to expect an approval. She said that she should be mailing an approval on Friday or latest by Monday of next week. By Monday, 2nd May, we had approvals in our hands.

Here is what she had asked us to bring in for interview:

- All documents indicating that we maintained legal status: I had I-20, all H1/H4 approval notices. She did not ask for any of these documents
- I-94: she took our I-94
- SSN numbers
- All APs: I had 3 of them and she took all of them
- Companies financial documents including DE6: we had last 4 years of annual reports along with DE6. We tried to give her this information but she said prior to our interview, she visited our website and since its >$10B company, she does not need any of this information. Its mostly required for start ups
- Employment letter: She did ask for it and we had it for her. She asked me about my job duties and compared with labor cert.
- Birth Certificate: Since I had only provided my high school certificate in lieu of Birth Certificate, she asked if we had any addition documents. My attorney chimed in that under claus bla bla, citizens of country xxx, dont have birth records and hence high school certificate is enough as birth evidence. She asked attorny to give her a print out of the relavent claus which he did. I also had Affidavit of birth from both parents, along with hospital certificate. All of these documents were enough to convince her of my birth. She did not ask for birth certificate for my spouse.
- Income tax since 2001: I handed her over all of the income tax documents since 2001. I would advise not to staple taxes as USCIS need them in a certain format.
- W2: I handed her copy of all of W2s since 2001
- We had 2 of our kids with us, a 5year and 8months. She asked for birth certificate of the 8-month old.
- I-134: it was mentioned on the interview letter and I had it with me. My attorney was of the view, its not required as its for family based cases but I am glad I had it with me.
- Proof of Marriage: Along with our daughter birth certificate, she asked for lease agreements and joint bank statements
- Since my wife had an arrest case, she asked for certified court copies and we gladly handed the copies. My wife had a shop lifting case in 2001. She was arrested for a misdemeanor. We hired a criminal attorney and he bargained with the DA and converted the crime to an infraction, petty theft under $50.00 with no jail term and a fine.

This was pretty much it. I suppose she had done our finger prints/back ground checks prior to interview. Rest was standard i.e. going over the I485 form and noting the changes. After that, she had us sign the changes.

My company did fly an attorney from Irvine to accompany us for interview at San Francisco office. I think, it does help to have an attorney. Interview was in a very relaxed environment. I had my 5year old son drawing pictures on officer desk. Warning for all those with kids: she asked my spouse if she works. My wife said "No" and my son said "Yes at night". Officer ignored my son but it certainly can raise a flag. Our attorney thought that was the only thing that went wrong. In reality, my wife only goes to school at night, my son knows about it but who knows, what these kids are thinking at a given moment? BTW, the immigration officer was an x-attorney her self.

We will be going in for stamping on May 10th.

Those of you, who have received approval letters and still visit this thread, can you confirm this observation: I was expecting a more formal letter, but district office approval letter is not on offical letter pad, it has no monogram..it looks pretty hooky!

Regards-

again posted???

Why don't you fedex???

Lakshmi2000 said:
Maiaia

Thanks for your idea. I posted my letter. My document request letter did have only E-11 and did not have E-11/G. I will follow up with your suggestion. Thanks for taking time to write.

Lakshmi

Approval letter - no kidding!!!!

asic_chip said:
Those of you, who have received approval letters and still visit this thread, can you confirm this observation: I was expecting a more formal letter, but district office approval letter is not on offical letter pad, it has no monogram..it looks pretty hooky!

Yes indeed! What a disappointment! After all the fancy forms and approval notices, this was a photocopy with a few things written by hand. Mine said I need to get an infopass if I want to go get stamped, and the first appointment available was 2 weeks out! Unbelievable.

Congrats, though!

maiaia