case transfer to san francisco

I -140 approved ??

My 485 RD is Oct '03 and my 485 was transferred to SFO in May '04. When I inquired last November, they said they are processing with RD Apr '02.

One quick question for all who received interview notices. Are all your I-140s approved? My I-140 (still in CSC) is not yet approved. Is there any way that I can push for my I-140 approval? They are processing RD Sept '04 as of 3/18. That is, they are approving with RD a year later mine.

Thanks.

surshb7,

My I-140 was approved years ago. Something sounds fishy in your case; check the receipt notice to see how many days they say you should have to wait for it to get approved. I would look into it.

maiaia

I-20 That Is 14 Years Old

this is nothing more than harrasment. who can find the original i-20 after 14 years, youa re lucky but most people may have thrown it away or misplaced it.

did u miss a stamp on i-20 or something like that? why would they want it?
why will they expect you to carry a document 14 years old?
even tax records do not need to be retained more than 3 years

also will the employer agree to provide corp tax returns for so many years?

they are just continuing what they have done for years, repress people and insprite of yates rewriting his memo to ask for the right evidence not just mountains of paperwork so they can bury you as they feel fit or more likely hope that you dont ahve some papers so they cna delay you for 4 more years each time and hope you give up.

i pray to god daily asking him to end this torture and repression by uscis

Interview on 2/28/05. NO approval yet

parolee said:
Finally, I got the interview letter from San Francisco office today for the interview four weeks later. Seems like waiting line is moving forward. People with RD of October 2002 should check their mail quite often :)

Here is the twist: I never got second finger print notice, whereas my wife's second finger print was done in August 2004 (got transferred right after that). Any suggestions, can I somehow get my finger prints done before interview? Thanks.

I had my interview 4 weeks ago and no letter or approval yet.

My situation is same as yours

osjn said:
Hi folks!
I received USCIS San Francisco office's notice regarding their policy to make a schedule. On last December, I went to SF office and inquired the schedule for interview. They sent a letter today.

"In response to your inquiry dated 12-22-04, please be informed that;
Employment-based cases are interviewed in choronological order, and the determinning date is not the date our San Francisco office receives the file but rather the date on which the I-485 is filed with the California Service Center. Your I-485 was files in November 2003. We are currently interviewing cases filed in August 2002."

Sigh! I should wait for one more year? Oh My!!!

485 filed November 2003.
Transferred to SFO Aug. 5th 2004.

My i-20 is 14 years old. I came to US in 1991 and got stuck. However I had interview 2/28/05. THe officer collected all the docuemnts. 3 years Corp tax, 3 years Individual tax, w-2 for 2004, I-20, took all EAD's, medical took oath to tell the truth. But, no approval letter for a month.

We will keep you posted my journey for the past 14 years with Immigration.

The harrasment is continuing. The forum helps to ventilate.

Good luck with interview

To Sureshb7

To Sureshb7:
I am also in the same boat.
You can ask your attorney to make an status enquiry and hope 140 gets approved soon.

I am in TSC and I think wait time here is more when compared to other service centers.

I -140 Approved?

Hi maiaia,

Thanks for your response. As you said, definitely something should be fishy in my case. When I inquired about my I-140 status in Oct '04, they replied (after 60 days) that I am not authorized to inquire about I-140. My Attorney sent another Inquiry in Jan and there is no reply to that yet.

Can I follow-up thru Senator? Will they respond back citing same reason - I am not authorized for I-140 inquiry? what else we can do make my case is looked into? If my I-140 is approved, I will have other options. I am stuck with my employer and USCIS. Thanks.

I would contact Barbara Boxer. I wrote to her once; I think it was when I was waiting for labor cert. A case worker called me to follow up and get more information, but then I got labor cert and didn't need their help anymore.

Go to her website and look for the links to case work. There's a form you need to fill out to authorize her people to look into the matter for you. Write her a letter including your receipt number and a brief explanation of what's going on. They can look into it for you.

Best luck,

maiaia

Interview received

We have received interview notice. Its scheduled for 26th April. Below are our case details:

WAC03-017-53xxx
PD: 23 Oct., 2002
Transferred to SF: 8th June, 2004
Interview notice received: 29th March, 2005
Interview Date: 26th April, 2005

Asic_chip,

All the best for your interview!

Can you share what are the documents did they ask for?

Thanks

Finger print couple of days before interview

I got finger print notice today. Finger print is scheduled for April 9, whereas interview is on April 12.

By the way, documents requested for interview are standard, which I saw here for other people. My company gave me annual report instead of income tax copies. My lawyer says, it is ok. One issue with me is that my current salary is 8K less than what it was at the time of my application (I am working in a different company now).

I'll update after interview.

Hi all,

I got interviewed on Monday. Didn't get stamped, but almost. Here's why:

I was arrested 9 years ago and the charges were dropped. At the time I was filing the I-485 (2-1/2 years ago), I went to the police department to get a statement that the charges had been dropped, and it turned out that there was no record of my arrest. Not knowing whether it would still show up in the FBI check, I admitted to it in my I-485 application, attached an explanation, and a record clearance letter from the police.

The arrest came up in the interview. It turns out that the document they wanted from me had to come from the Court, not the police; and that's the only reason my passport did not get stamped right then and there. They never sent me an RFE, and the officer who interviewed me should have asked for this letter in my interview notice, but he missed it. He said that he would approve my case upon receipt of this letter, though. So I got the letter yesterday and mailed it in.

LESSON: IF YOU HAVE BEEN ARRESTED IN THE US, GETA LETTER FROM THE COURT, NOT THE POLICE, STATING WHAT HAPPENED.

Besides this, he collected the income tax forms (mine and employers), 2004 W2, I-20, and all paroles (including my current one, because he can't approve me if I'm out of the country). He also went over some biographical stuff (married? kids?) and my entire history of entries into the country and what visas I had, starting with a B1/B2 from 1987 and including a J1 I had in 1988, which was a little tricky because depending on the circumstances, you have to stay out of the US at least 2 years after coming with with a J1, and I came back in in 1989. Turned out I didn't meet one of those circumstances, which was good.

He said that once he got the letter from me, it wouldn't be long - maybe a month - before he approved me; and this only due to the fact that "the mail room is sort of slow sometimes." Seriously....

So, I'm waiting, one more time; but hopefully not for long.

Cheers,

maiaia

Mine is same as yours

I came hear as a student and got stuck. Applied thru 245 i. Had interview on the 28th of Feb, 2005.

I gave all the doc requested, except the proof of paying penalty. So, I mailed it on the same day and more than a month no approval yet.

I think one month could be three month.

Keep you posted.

10/02 case

our family's cases were just transfered to SFO office yesterday. Let's wait and see if it's true that they schedule interviews based on the filing date at the CSC. After waiting for more than 2 years, I am not optimistic on this though.

DecadeForGC said:
Hi Guys,

My case was transferred to sfo in Aug 2004. Mine has receipt date of May 2004. I got the information through my attorney that SFO processes transferred cases on the basis of I-485 receipt date. Looking at other posts in this forum, information seems to be true. Since they keep on getting older cases from other service centers, the newly filed and transferred cases might have to wait for years. It is so frustrating and makes me mad. Is there something we can do about it? Is there someone with receipt date of 2003 or 2004 who has got interview letter?

parolee: can you update with your interview experience

I hope all went well for you - can you fill us in with as much details as possible...

thanks,
Asic Chip

asic_chip said:
I hope all went well for you - can you fill us in with as much details as possible...

thanks,
Asic Chip

Sure, I'll do that. Not approved, though, because my A file has not reached SFO yet. I'm a little busy right now, so I'll update with details tonight.

Here are the interview details!

I went through interview yesterday with my wife and one child. I have two other children who are US citizens. I had my lawyer with me.

First a story:
I made a package of my tax returns and W2’s, which I forgot at my home. When my lawyer asked, I found that out. But, I could not go home to get it (one hour drive one way). I used my lawyer’s computer to print 2004 and 2003 tax return from Turbo Tax web site (I file using their web service). By chance, I had given copy of my 2004 W2 to my lawyer when I met him about ten days ago.

Before the start of the interview, officer told us that she will not be able to approve our case, because she has not received our A file, and she is working with T file. She ordered the A file about four weeks ago, but she is still waiting.

I did my finger on April 2, which was cleared (I went early. Actual appointment date was April 9).

Before interview, she took our signatures and finger print of right index finger on a form.

During the interview, she asked standard questions, which we answered on our applications. Nothing complicated. She asked my lawyer that we never out of status, and he answered ‘yes, as far as I know’. She just believed him.

Documents:
1. All passports: She only looked at the current passports, which we got just recently. She also looked at the previous passports, which we used to enter the USA. We have more passports prior to that, but she did not look at them.
2. She took I-94s, but said that if we need to go out of country before approval, we can get the I-94s back.
3. She took expired (used) advance paroles. Did not take current APs, which are still valid.
4. Did not even look at EADs.
5. Looked at my driver’s license. I noticed, she asked “give me your California DL or ID”. My wife did not have DL or ID. That was ok.
6. Current employment letter. I have changed employer, but did not inform them.
7. Pay stubs. My current salary is about 7K less than what it was at the time of application. She mentioned that, but it was ok.
8. My company did not give me corporate income tax copies and DE-6 forms. It is huge company, so they did not want to search my name in DE-6 forms. She took company’s annual report, and said that she does not care even if that is not available. She can get it from internet.
9. My tax returns and W-2’s. Remember above story. I gave tax returns for 2004 and 2003, and W2 for 2004. She asked me send W2 for 2003. In fact, she said, “I if I had you’re a file, I would have asked you to FedEx it, so that I send you approval right-a-way, but since I don’t have you’re a file, therefore send it by regular mail”.
10. She confirmed my NSEERS registration and took copy of that passport.
11. She asked my lawyer that we were never out of status, which he “yes to my knowledge”. She did not check our passports to confirm. Instead, she just believed him.
12. Proof of marriage: My lawyer gave her birth certificates of my three children, and house deed, which shows that we are joint owners. She did not ask for anything else.

Reason of Transfer:
When she asked about NSEERS, she told me that they could not verify that you registered, so they transferred your case, otherwise it would have been approved over there.

Officer told us at the end that when she will get the A file, she will approve and send approval letters. She told us that she ordered the A files when she sent us interview letter and she is still waiting. She can't predict when she will get the files.

parolee said:
Reason of Transfer:
When she asked about NSEERS, she told me that they could not verify that you registered, so they transferred your case, otherwise it would have been approved over there.

what is NSEERS? thanks.