case transfer to san francisco

You should get your interview call soon - I think....

Check INS site, JIT for District office. They started processing Jan 19th 2004 485!!! I am have also applied for future employment. Could you please let me know your interview experience once done!!!

rickysun said:
Hi, folks:

My I-485 case (EB2) (and my wife's) are being transferred from Vermont Center to San Francisco local office for interview as indicated on the website or phone database system since Jan, 21st, 2004.

it has been 4+ months since that and we haven't got any interview notice from San Francisco office?

Per your descriptions, seems that I should still wait a few more months for the onsite interivew.
And my case if future-employment based case, I also changed job 9 months after filing for I-485, which is filed in March, 2003, and job changed in Dec, 2002, Since neither company filed my case, I'm not too worried about the employment history thing, but I'm starting thinking about the Medical exam records, I totally forgot what were checked and what wasn't, damn it.

Hope more guys can share their stories.

WAC-02-151-*
-RD: 3/14/2002
-ND: 4/04/2002
1FP: 5/24/2002
2FP: 10/2003
2 APs, 2 EADs
3rd AP, 3rd EAD are being re-applied

Last edited by a moderator:
interview letter

I just received the interview letter for the 12th of july, for me my wife and son. They asked for a few papers which I am gathering now.

Caracu,
This sound very promising. My transfer date to the local SF office was March 4 - which is around the same time as yours. Hopefully I will be getting my interview notice soon! Please keep us posted on how your interview goes.
Thanks.

it is getting better

Congratulations to those who have got interview letter,
it is getting, let's keep tracking, it's been very helpful, practically and emotionally!

anyone with sf office interview experience

anyone with sf office interview experience, please share I am getting anxious and full of scenarios in my head. Can someone shed some light on the actual experience?

thanks
caracu

What are the documents they are asking for!!!

Please let us know what are the documents they have asked for? This would be helpful for us.

caracu said:
anyone with sf office interview experience, please share I am getting anxious and full of scenarios in my head. Can someone shed some light on the actual experience?

thanks
caracu

My case being transferred ...

from VSC to San Francisco local office for interview",
I got this msg from USCIS online case status back in Jan, 2004. It has been about 5 full months and I still got no updates whatsoever.

Called CSC for inquiry, promised to get back to us in written format within 30days (but can never trust or depend on them, right?).

It seems that we have to wait another 2-4 months before we can get some updates.

My 2nd FP was done in Oct, 2003, assume each FP valids about 15 months, we might still be fine.

Besides, 3rd EAD was filed electronically on 2/10/2004, not approved till now, walk into(3 times: 1st time office closed on last Wed, 2nd time: missing a FP proof letter from Oakland INS FP office, 3rd time: finaly, they proceeded) SF office get a 7 month temporary EAD card.

This is so .......!

documents requested

they are asking for letter of employer, w2 proof that the marriage is bona fide (leases photos etc) 3 last tax returns passports I94, birth, marriage certificates (originals), proof that petitioner is resident or us citizen. My case is an EB 1 as an alien of exceptional ability so I am a self petitioner. The curious thing is that I also have a family petition at the same office with a receipt date two days away from the transfer date of my eb petition.
caracu

SF processing date changed?

prakash12322 said:
Check INS site, JIT for District office. They started processing Jan 19th 2004 485!!! I am have also applied for future employment. Could you please let me know your interview experience once done!!!

Just checked and it looks like the date for I-485 of SF changed to Nov.30, 2003, I did saw earlier as Jan 19, 2004 almost catched up with SJ, anybody know?

Yes, me too...

I also saw the same!!! I saw someone with march 18 2004 got interview letter. So, do u think that dates are correct?

abc01 said:
Just checked and it looks like the date for I-485 of SF changed to Nov.30, 2003, I did saw earlier as Jan 19, 2004 almost catched up with SJ, anybody know?

interview letter to lawyer, you, or both

caracu said:
they are asking for letter of employer, w2 proof that the marriage is bona fide (leases photos etc) 3 last tax returns passports I94, birth, marriage certificates (originals), proof that petitioner is resident or us citizen. My case is an EB 1 as an alien of exceptional ability so I am a self petitioner. The curious thing is that I also have a family petition at the same office with a receipt date two days away from the transfer date of my eb petition.
caracu
Did you receive the interview letter or your lawyer if you use a lawyer?
Also, I and other people are not sure whether the local I-485 processing time (which now is Nov 30, 2003, instead of Jan 19, 2004) are related to our interview time for transferred cases. Maybe when you get your case approved, ask the officer for us since he (or she) is in good mood.

Please post your Interview experience after July12th

Please post your interview response. I wish you good luck. I also got my case transfered yesterday.

Hang in there, few more days.

Best of Luck.

approved after interview

our case was approved today after a 1 hour and 15 minutes long interview that had some suspense but was smooth and even entretaining.
Got passport stamped at the interview.

thanks for all the support of you guys and be patient that this approval may come soon for all of you still waiting. If you have questions to me that can be of any help please let me know.

cheers

caracu

What did they ask?

What documents did you carry?
How long did it take from the transfer date?

Please post your experience

caracu said:
our case was approved today after a 1 hour and 15 minutes long interview that had some suspense but was smooth and even entretaining.

thanks for all the support of you guys and be patient that this approval may come soon for all of you still waiting. If you have questions to me that can be of any help please let me know.

cheers

caracu

caracu said:

cheers

caracu

Congratulations!
First, take a break and fully enjoy yourself with your happiness with your family.
When you have a chance, can you shed some lights on how SF office is scheduling the interview (was it based on transfer date, original filing data, etc) and post your detail experience of interview?
BTW, did you or your attorny get the interview letter? We changed attorny, so a little bit concerned.

Glad to know about your approval

Congradulations.

When you have a moment can you please let us know why it took 1.15 hours for the interview.

Please, let us know it will be beneficial for the people in the que.

Thanks

sf interview

Guys,

sorry that I am not posting my experience any sooner. I will in the next few days I am very busy working away from my studio.

It took 1 hour and 15 minutes because we are three in the family and because my file was thick as two yellow pages. I am a self petition artist.
Also my petition through my mother was there so I had like a double interview.

I will go into details in about a week. Please wait I will post all the details even the decoration if you want.

But for starters let me tell you that it was very relaxed and friendly.

cheers,

caracu