Case transfer to Atlanta

question for tst123

When did you do your first finger print. Did INS ask you to go for a second finger print. I did my first finger print in November 2001 and till now have not heard anything. Your response will be greatly appreciated

waitingforaos, fingerprint records expire every 15 months. So your records will be current until Feb 2003, after which you will get a fingerprint scheduling notice again. Ofcourse, we all hope your case gets approved before that. But as a rule, all fingerprint records expire after 15 months and you have to get new fingerprints after that. I too had to get my second fingerprints in Aug 2002. My first fingerprinting was done in April 2001.

My first FP done in 23rd November 2001. My Lawyer told me that those are valid for 15 months... but I already got the second time notice 3 weeks back and FP done yesterday.

tst123

Very interesting.... I also got my finger prints done around 20th of Nov 2001 but till now have not heard about getting it done again

waitingforaos, your fingerprints are valid until atleast Jan 2003. If your case is not approved until then, you will get an FP notice again. Just hope that your case gets approved before that.

Great Info

Thanks, guys, for some great information! I was afraid I was all alone, but I popped by and saw this.

I'm sad to see this, but I'm noticing a larger amount of local office transfers. Part of it is AC21 and switching employers, and part of it is the downturn in the economy and the INS wants to ensure that everything is good. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

My ND is 10/26/2001, so I suspect I'm the "most senior" of the Atlanta transferrees, so I'll probably get my interview notice first. I'll be sure to keep y'all posted. I delayed my fingerprints until 1/31/02 so I'm hoping I'll get the interview before April.

RD 8/28/01
ND 10/26/01
FP 1/31/02
RFE ID 8/2/02
RFE RD 8/28/02
TD 10/21/02
EB3/Canada/RIR/VA

TheRealCanadian...

I haven't looked at anybodies RD's nd ND's but mine is definately earlier then yours.

RD - July 2001
ND - August 2001
and priorit date is August '98

Re: TheRealCanadian...

Originally posted by waitingforaos
I haven't looked at anybodies RD's nd ND's but mine is definately earlier then yours.

RD - July 2001
ND - August 2001
and priorit date is August '98

My error. Please let us know when you get the interview letter.

You people are scaring me now

Any ideas why you guys were transferred??

Chicken scared me yesterday saying that a muslim name might trigger the transferr. But then if a name causes the problem the officers really wouldnt know the difference between munir and muniyandi!

Did you have to re-do your FP ?

NS485,
Did you have to or will you have to Re-do your FP ? If interview call takes another 12months then the FP will expire.. right ?

Can anyone please tell me how long is FP valid ?

I am one of the Atlanta filers.

RD: Sept 25 '01
ND: Nov 16 '01
FP: Jan 31 '02

It looks like most of September filers remaing are from Atlanta. So I am scared that I might be the next one to get my case transfered to Atlanta INS office and then wait for 12 months all over again !

Best of Luck.
SEP25RD

sept25rd,
You will have to re-do your FP, you will get a notice in mail about it. Also was there anything unusual about your case that is making you feel about your case being transferred to INS Atlanta local office?

Hi ThakurSahab

Thank you for replying to my posting. I will speak to my lawyer after I complete one year with my earlier FP.

I dont have anything unusual in my case..Its just that I saw too many Atlanta cases getting transfered and mine is not yet approved so I was petrified. Because I do not have any more energy to wait for another year, in case it gets transferred.

Thank you
Sept25rd