Case Transfer to Atlanta

greencardwanted

How many people are out there whose cases have been transferred to Atlanta? And have not heard anything yet about the interview date. Please post your details.

No Title

How many people are out there whose cases have been transferred to Atlanta? And have not heard anything yet about the interview date. Please post your details.

my friend\'s

My friend\'s case was transfered there in 1997. It took a long time for him to go to interiew (2 years?). He got his green card just in August 2000. Now the speed may be faster.

Was it employment catagory and India?

Ours was with VSC for 22 months. Fingerprinting and other formalities have been done. VSC mentioned in the transfer notice that preliminary work has been done and Atlanta office will conduct an interview. What was your friend\'s case details? Thank you

No Title

My case has been with TSC for 23 months and they transfered it to Atlanta in August 2001. I am still waiting for a word from Atlanta office.

-cpb

what is your country and EB catagory?

Mine is EB3 India and it was with Vermont for 22 months and was transferred to Atlanta in July 2001.

No Title

Mine is EB3 India. I came to know that Atlanta is currently processing September 1999 (I-485 Receipt Dates). They posted this information in the Atlanta INS Office. But we never know when they are going to call you for an interview. Let\'s hope sooner than later.

Good luck,
- cpb

We had to go to Atlanta

We had been Atlanta to get our EAD done because our case is there. I saw the notice board saying the same thing. And I know that receipt is actual filing date and not date of transfer in transfer cases. Let hope we\'ll get our letter soon. I see,that ther are not many people around whose cases have been transferred to Atlanta. Have they mentioned any reason in your transfer letter?

Why was it xferred to Atlanta?

When was it xferred?
Did you change jobs or get an RFE?
Or did a senator do that?

My case has been in TSC for 24 months.
I am in Atlanta.
Just wondering whether my case may also get transferred.....!!!???

No Title

I haven\'t received a transfer letter. I came to know only from the recording at the TSC. Did you receive any?

- cpb

Troubled too...

Our case was transferred on 7/2/2001 after being with VSC for 23 months. There is no chnage of jobs or REF. As mentioned earlier the letter says " preli. work completed,transfer for interview"

Case Transferred to VSC

Hi All,

I want to find out what\'s going on?? My PD is Aug 97, I filed for my I485 in Aug 99. Have had 3 EAD and 3 Advance Paroll since then. Two fingerprints. Written to the congressmen. Talked to IIOs multiple times. Finally changed jobs using AC21\'s 180 day rule. IIO told me in august that the case is with an examiner. I expected to get the approval in September. Called the automated number to find the status and they tell me that my case has been transferred to VSC on Sept 27 and they may schedule an interview. Which might take months(part of the automated message). Received the receipt notices of the transfer as well stating that all the preliminary processing has been completed. I received the receipt notice within a week (Oct3) for the transfer, whereas it takes the INS months to send receipt notices for EADs/Advance Parolls and other things. How agonizing and frustrating is this?? and now after transferring thousands ot cases (I think) they release the visa bulletin claiming to be processing 2000 cases. I would appreciate any comments / positngs from people in similar situations.

My deepest sympathies with people in similar situations. I know how it feels.

Regards

Akash

No Title

When did you see the notice board in Atlanta saying they are processing RD: Sept. 1999 cases.

thanks,
cpb