Case status help

Hhemc

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I applied for a RTD on October 12 and I checked the status on-line and found:

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status:

On October 21, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Anybody knows what does it mean?
Thanks for your replies.

congratulations!

That means your application was approved and your RTD was mailed.
DID YOU REALY APPLY NOW IN OCTOBER????
if so, that's amazing becase it will be realy taking a short time....

Hi I am really very glad I'll get it!!!
I am really applied in October (receipt date Oct 12) and received notice of action on Oct 16, and now I have this status on their site. The matter is that I was granted asylum in august 2004 and didn't file my I-485 yet. Maybe thats the reason of this INCREDIBLE processing time?????

i hate to hurt your feelings, Hhemc, but i am pretty sure there gotta be some mistake. I would understand it if it was 50 days or 5 weeks, but 5 days (!!!)..

I wish i am wrong..

Just keep us informed.
I wish you good luck and all the best!!

Asylee25 - my first feeling was ...WOWWWW!!!!!!, but now I have some doubts about this case, because it took them ONLY 7 DAYS to proceed. We'll see. I'll let you know

yes, please keep us posted..it can be a mistake

but also can't...I think the mistake they make is taking SO LONG to process the cases.

Please keep us posted.

This is the REASON.If you didn't apply for GC,you are not eligible for RTD.
That's what they gone tell you.The answer will be DENIED!!!

Gebre said:
This is the REASON.If you didn't apply for GC,you are not eligible for RTD.
That's what they gone tell you.The answer will be DENIED!!!

What are you talking about? ALL asylees are entitled to a Refugee Travel Documents. Having a green card application has no bearing on this.

GEBRE- the matter is that the status says:
On October 21, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued which means I think there is no denial. I am sure I had the right apply for RTD, beacuse my friend had the same status and got a RTF two years ago.
By the way, any idea about approval or registration?? What do they mean with registration? Maybe they request some evidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already received the receipt notice, so I don't wont to receive anything but my RTD!!! Damn.....I don't know.....I hope I'll receive whatever they sent tomorrow .

You got approved

Last week I got the e-mail that my status changed and when I went online to check it it said exactly the same as yours. I received the RTD a few days later. I applied on June 11, however, but I'm sure that your status is not a mistake, especialy if you applied online.

Alex

FOR Hhemc:

I really think you GOT APPROVED AND THAT'S IT. That's usually what they tell you after approving your case..so don't listen to what people write here....
People got so jealous thet you were approved so fast that I read others sayig that you are not eligible for RTD.....That's crazy!

Please keep an eye on the mail, and I am sure, if they didn't post that thing my mistake on the websitte, you'll be READY TO TRAVEL IN a couple days.

Boa Viagem!!!!!!!

Mauricio22 said:
I really think you GOT APPROVED AND THAT'S IT. That's usually what they tell you after approving your case..so don't listen to what people write here....
People got so jealous thet you were approved so fast that I read others sayig that you are not eligible for RTD.....That's crazy!

Please keep an eye on the mail, and I am sure, if they didn't post that thing my mistake on the websitte, you'll be READY TO TRAVEL IN a couple days.

Boa Viagem!!!!!!!

A plausible explanation would be they are training new officers on RTD appplications and have pulled your file as a lesson plan.

Overall the CIS is getting much better with RTD issuances.

Mauricio22,don,t be rediculous and arrogant.No body gone be jelous about receiving RTD.Be smart when you open your mouth,this is america and everybody is respected.I don,t know where you come from but learn american decency!

Hi again
I though I would receive it today, but unfortunately nothing yet. Maybe on monday.
I'll keep you informed

Hhemc said:
Hi, I applied for a RTD on October 12 and I checked the status on-line and found:

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status:

On October 21, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Anybody knows what does it mean?
Thanks for your replies.
I think they mean your receipt notice

To shamshon

shamshon said:
I think they mean your receipt notice

I have already recevied the receipt notice and at that time the on-line status was :
Your I131 APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on October 12, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 240 and 270 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

So why should they have changed the status to the new one?