case reansferred, but not the correct local office.

lgwait

Registered Users (C)
case transferredto MSC - not the correct local office.

As per online message. my case was transfferred. But the strange thing is: I live in NYC, now the online message said they transfferred my case to MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for them to schedule and conduct my interview. Does anybody know why?

Mine is 245i case
RD: 3/21/02
ND: 4/9/02
FP: 5/20/03
EB3, NY

Last edited by a moderator:
Was your FP in 2003 or 2002?

I thought I saw another similar post recently. Please search for that too?

I think MSC handles family based derivative GC processing.

Missouri is processing LIFE=245i applications. Currently there are processing RD April 11 2003. I wish mine would be transfered there although I live in Virginia because Arlington, VA office sucks a lot.

Where should I need interview? Missouri or NY? If they transffer my file back to NY, it will take long long time to get interview.

lgwait,
Your case transfered to missouri. If missouri guys find out that you are no longer residing in missouri they may transfer it to nyc office.

I am just making a guess here.

My case was transfered to Missouri Service Center on 10/16/03.
The on-line message is as follows:

On October 16, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

I noticed a difference between my msg. and lgwait's:

Instead of "schedule an interview," it says "That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete."

Oddly enough, the voice message (by dialing the 1-800 number) says that my case was transfered to Chicago, Illinois. I am at loss of what is really going on.

Address has always been NY and nothing else has changed during the 19-month wait.

Details:
RD: 3/14/02
ND: 4/5/02
TD: 10/16/03
EB1-EA, NY,

Last edited by a moderator:
we are in the same boat!

Today I received the copy of transfer notice from my lawyer, on the latter, it says my case was transferred to Chicago IL?! I am lost either!

lgwait, could you

please post the exact words in your transfer notice? Does it say "to schedule an interview" or "that center has jurisdiction over this case"?

When was your case transferred? It is fast--you got the notice already.

online message said my case was transffered on 10/8. the following is the exact wording on the transferr letter:

"Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transfferred to the INS office at: US INS, P. O. Box #7216, Chicago, IL 60680-7216 Telephone: 800-375-5283 That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Ant further inquiries should be made to that office."

I think my case is a interview case, but where shoul I go for the interview? how long it will be?

More info. on MSC

I got the following from Murthy's site:
http://www.murthy.com/ins_mo.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missouri Service Center
P.O. Box 72[xx]
Chicago, IL 60680-72[xx]

Telephone : (816) 251-1824 (Public Inquiry)

Mailing Address : P.O. Box 72[xx], Chicago, IL 60680-72[xx] (Insert '19' for LIFE legalization cases, '18' for K3/K4 visa applications, and '16' for V visa applications in place of 'xx').

Jurisdiction : The MSC does not have jurisdiction over a geographic area. Rather, it takes the LIFE legalization, K3/K4, and V visa applications from all states.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my guess is that the P.O Box for MSC is in Chicago, but it is not the local Chicago BCIS office that our cases have been transferred to.

More info on V Visa

from Murthy's site:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INS and DOS Gear Up to Begin Processing V and K3 Cases

As many readers of the MurthyBulletin are aware, the LIFE Act of December 2000 created two new visa categories for certain relatives of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. The V visa is for the spouse and minor children of a permanent resident who have been waiting at least three years for their Green Card application process to be completed. The K3 expands the use of the fiance/e visa to provide a quicker method for the spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. and avoid the longer processing time for the immigrant (permanent) visa.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that MSC is processing not only family based cases, but also EB cases. Still, questions remain:
1) where do we go for the interview?
2) Can MSC approve cases without local interviews? Or every case has to be interviewd, regardless where?

I have totally no idea where should we go?!

Also, the PO box #on the letter is 7216, according your imput, 16 is for V visa, me and my spouse both use 245i, I am confused.

Anyway, we are lost!

lgwait, a quick question.

Is the wording in your transfer notice the same as your on-line message? I am waiting for my transfer notice and curious about what might be in it.

Thanks.

NO.
As I've post the exact wording on the transfer letter, it is very simple.

Also, my lawyer told me that MSC will schedule an interview at NY, she said probably because the NY office has huge backlog, thus our case were transferred there for processing.

If transferring to MSC is due to the local

backlog, it is a good thing! But I am still a lille confused because if the local office is swamped with scheduling and conducting interviews, how could MSC make it faster (all interviews still need to be conducted locally)?

As per Murthy's website the BCIS website had errors on 10/6 and 10/7 so they reported erroneous status to everyone.

May be samething happened again or they created different bugs while trying to fix the previous ones.

Re: lgwait, a quick question.

Originally posted by juliojulio
Is the wording in your transfer notice the same as your on-line message? I am waiting for my transfer notice and curious about what might be in it.

Thanks.
[/QUOTE

I just read the same note while checking my status online. I reasearched a little and found the following:
1. MSC recievees its mail in Chicago.
2. MSC does processing only. Interviews will be performed at local offices.
3. It appears that with the curernt processing timing, cases received by MSC will see around 6 month wait time.

I hope that would help. Good luck