Case not found, after doing FP

sesa99

Registered Users (C)
I did my FP begining of this month. Now if I check AVM, it says "CASE NOT FOUND" for me and my wife. Is this normal?

one thing I noticed is, even at 12 midnigth, INS phone is busy. Are they working that late now a days. :)

No Title

INS is not working @ 12 in the Night... It\'s the bloody I\'s and C\'s checking for GC status!

No Title

Well I am an Indian, I don\'t check everyday. I am sure people who are checking, might have a good reason to check. Let\'s give the benfit of dought :).

I will be really happy, If you can answer the question.

Thanks in advance

No Title

Believe me, there are people in this board who, even after their I-485 approval want to talk to an IIO just to ask when they can go for stamping! There are people in this board who check AVM more than 3 times consecutively just to make sure what they heard (about the approval message) are true! And there are people who want to confirm with IIO what the AVM said.

No Title

Some day in the future, US media will report all new immigrants have different degrees of mental illness. Then Americans will believe all foreigners are insane, thus should be put in the concentration camp... Just kidding.

No Title

well, I can understand your frustration. I cannot speak for everybody. But not all of them are like that, some of them don\'t call INS that many times, including me. Let\'s get to the subject please.

Can somebody answer my question
I checked AVM after FP begining of this month, it says "CASE NOT FOUND". Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance

No Title

I did my FP on May 11th. When I call VSC I get the same message. This case # can not be found.
I had applied for EAD & AP along with my 485. My EAD and AP were approved in Feb & March respectively. When I try the EAD case no I get a message that this case is approved but when I try AP case no I get the same message as in case of 485 "Case not found". I think I INS takes its own time to update the phone message system.
My case details
INDIA, EB1, 485 ND:01/18/01; FP: 05/11/01

No Title

I have always got the "Case not found at this time". I had tried to check the AVM after finger printing. But I was inferring that they have my applications since they asked for my finger prints :)

India, EB2, ND 12/00 FP 04/01. EAC-01-057-XXXXX.

No Title

Thanks a lot guy\'s.

My I-485 is close to yours, PD April 99, ND Dec 2000, FP May 2001.

No Title

poeple have every right to call INS to check their applications. It is you who are responsible to make sure the proper processing of your file, not your lawyer (read the fine prints) nor INS---even if INS misplace your file, or notice lost in mail. The problem is not people calling too much, but lack of confidence in the work of INS. I say for something as important as GC application, no one should take it lightly.

If you get the busy signals all the time, blame on the limited resources and poor quality of service from INS, not your fellow applicants. See, I wouldn\'t call my banks/phone companies/credit card companies/or any other companies that have a business relationship with me 100 times/month (fictional numbers!), because I don\'t have to. They have enough people to help me, and also fewer calls will solve the problem.

If INS can do as they promised: processing application within the time limite they specified; be more specific about the answer they give you; follow up on individual cases; I guess then we wouldn\'t have too much of a problem with busy phone line, would we?

To those of you who is a little bit too compulsive in calling, you should understand the limitatin on what can be achieved by phone calls. For the benefit of all of us, refraining yourself from placing too many meaningless calls.

Just my humble opinions

No Title

Someone mentioned they are converting the VSC data into national system (Don\'t know what this is exactly!!!).

If you get the \'Case not found\' that means the AVM is not connecting with the big system which has all the case data.

I checked mine couple of times and I get \'Case not found\' during VSC working hours and \'You app. recd...\' after working hours.