Case File Review Notice/Interview Doc Checklist letter

aceface

Registered Users (C)
I applied to the Texas Service Center and my timeline looks like this...

N400 app received 06/15/08
Check cashed 06/15/08
FP notice received 06/29/08
FP Completed 07/09/08
Case File Review Notice/Interview Doc Checklist 07/10/08

Today I received a letter titled Case file review notice / interview document checklist

After a complete review of you file and App, this office has found additional doc may be needed. Please do not mail in these requested items.

Along with this notice, please bring the applicable items to you interview. (then it has some stuff about foreign language and that all documents have to be translated to english)

(next paragraph states that you should be in proper attire and not to arrive late)

The letter request for me to bring in my Drivers license and all passports travel docs

Is this something I should be worried about or is this letter normal??
I haven't received any letters regarding an interview date.

Anyone else receive a letter like this?

Thanks all help is appreciated

Don't worry as this is a standard letter. Just bring the requested documents at the interview and you'll do fine.

This is odd. Normally, this standard letter should acompany with your interview letter. You can call the 800 number to find out if your interview has been scheduled in case the interview letter was mis-placed......

I doubt the interview has been scheduled as you've only applied in June. You're most likely in queue for an interview and should expect an IL within the next 2-3 months.

It is odd that you get the docs list but no IV letter. Just to be certain this is not a case of a missing IV letter, you could call the helpline and ask the person if a IV date shows up for your case. At least you will know the date if the letter is truly missing.

Is this something new process? I have applied to same TSC back in April and not received anything like that. Should I worry and call help line? I appreciate your comments. Thank you.

I called customer service and let's just say that I, thanks to this forum, know a lot more about the naturalization process than them.

The lady couldn't look up any of my personal information. She asked me about the dates I sent the app anf FP. After she put me on hold several times she just said that an interview letter should be received in a couple of months.

I asked her if there was an interview already scheduled and she said she doesn't have that info.

Did you speak to a CSR or were you transferred to an IO? Front-line CSRs do not have any information beyond what we see online and they are very scripted. If you didn't speak to an IO - I suggest you call back and ask to speak to an IO. You can say you did not get a NOA/receipt and filed more than 1 month ago to by-pass all the BS.

The IOs are able to pull up the same information the IO at InfoPass has using your A# or receipt number and should be able to tell you if your background check as completed, you have been placed in the interview queue, or if you have been scheduled for an interview or oath. I know all this from experience - so this isn't hearsay.

AceFace, did you ever get an answer to your inquiry? I am in the same boat, got a Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Checklist, but not an interview date.

Hi aceface, exactly the same thing has happenned to me also and I do not know what to make of this. I have also applied to TSC. Please let us know if you find out anything about this.

Update from another thread that this is automated. aceface if you could share what you found out it will be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhat related to this topic...
http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/stakeholder_meeting_26aug08.pdf

8. Question: Our offices are starting to see Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check Lists from the NBC on clients filing N-400s. Please explain how and why these are being used. USCIS does not require birth certificates when filing the N-400, so we wonder why USCIS is asking for them at interviews. These are especially concerning for refugees, many of whom do not have birth certificates and have already established their identity through the refugee process and adjustment. It adds another burden to them in preparing for the interview. Is the checklist process part of transferring files to other Service Centers and speeding up the processing for N-400?

Response: Complete File Review (CFR) is a standard practice of the NBC as they prepare cases for interview. That said, we will work with the NBC to ensure that the documents they recommend applicants take with them to naturalization interviews are not different than what is suggested by the Service Centers. It is important to remember that the CFR is not a process that slows down or stops the processing of a case while pending at the NBC. The CFR is conducted to provide the applicant with a complete list of items USCIS suggests be brought to interview in order to help reduce delays in rendering decisions.

All,

Help!

I received a Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check List in the mail yesterday. My wife's interview is on Dec 9.

It says we're required to bring the original/certified birth certificate with English translation being the big one. They sent this to us just 5 1/2 weeks prior to the interview...dealing with the bureaucracy in Eastern Turkey is going to make this pretty tough. What happens to all the documents they processed for the green card back in 2000? Additionally, they're asking for documents I sent with the I-400. Are they kidding? Why would they need those?

Lastly, they claim I indicated that my wife was arrested in Turkey on the form. I most certainly DID NOT mark anything in Section 10D "YES."

I tried to contact 1-800-375-5283 to get information and contest this, but the recording said I'd have to contact the field office. I spoke to St Louis and they said I can only write to Lee's Summit, MO to try to get this fixed.

Help?