case closed by error

Case Reopened!!!

I was able to successfully re-open my case in 3 days. Had lawyer send email to the email address specified by the BEC bulletin. I encourage everyone who has not received the 45 day letter to do the same before the 10th, if you can confirm thru the 202 number that your file is closed. In my case my file was closed in Jan 2005 - no 45 day letter nor case closure letter. I am so glad I was able to open this file. Good luck to everyone! NTOM Best of luck man , hope you can reopen the file ASAP!

EB3 to EB2 Conversion

NY/RIR
PD: Jan 2003
Labor Approved: July 06

Yesterday I went to file my I140 after I rcvd the labor certification confirmation. Then I came to know from my lawyer that mine is an EB3 and not EB2. In Jan 2003 when I went to meet my lawyer he had agreed that my case can be considered as EB2 since I have a Bachelors degree with 9 yrs of exp. But when the lawyer discussed with my employer they said that for the required position they need a Bachelor degree holder with 3 years of exp. and so went the ad in the paper. So I fell in to EB3 of which I was not aware until yesterday. I would not have bothered a bit if not for the priority dates. PD for EB3 is April 01.

Does anyone suggest the I convert form EB3 to EB2? Please give me some suggestions.
Is it a good idea to convert. The employer might agree for a readvertisement as I have got promoted.

I really appreciate your opinion.

Thanks.

Good news

I just recd. confirmation that my case has been reopened. Here is the mail:

The Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center has evaluated your request to
reopen a closed case. We have determined that the employer's case met the
eligibility requirements for reopening, and no additional information is
needed at this time to continue processing.

Therefore, the employer's case has been reopened and will be processed
through the normal procedures based on the priority date of the case.

Attached, please find a screen shot of the case to verify that the case has
been reopened and is in a processing queue.

Depending on the type of application filed, you may receive further
communications by mail from the BEC in the normal course of processing the
case. Please respond in accordance with the instructions provided in those
communications.

Thank-you,

Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Screenshot shows Case status as REOPENED as of 4th Aug. I found out on July 28th that my case has been closed by calling #202. Never recd. 45 day letter but employer/attorney did receive case closure letter in May (which I had no idea about)

They didn't send us the 45 day letter as mentioned in the new BEC Bulletin. Does this mean they won't be sending it any longer since they've heard fm my lawyers/employers that they are interested in reopening the case??? Would appreciate ur inputs.........

Good luck to all of u waiting to reopen ur cases..............

Ad123

Hey Ad123,

I just saw ur post :) Great news, man!!! Hope the rest of the journey goes smoothly for all of us..........

I got a case closer letter on july first week and my attorney sent an email to the reopenrequest email id but they have not recvd any auto acknowledgement from the BRC..it has been more than a week since they emailed to BRC...if any one in the |||r situation pls post ur reply as these issues makes me sweat like anything...can i ask my employer also to send an email to the BRC email id?

Issues After Reopening

Ntom and others who got case reopened after erroneous closure. Have you tried contacting the 202 number to see if they have started processing the case yet? It has been 2 weeks yet and my case is still in reopen status , pending receipt of response to 45 day letter. It has not even been assigned to an analyst at this point. Could you guys let me know if the "CASE REOPEN TEAM" has done anything for your applications as yet?

i asked my HR to called 202 no and it goes to VM and my HR left the message and also my attorney called PBEC also but no use....my attorney is very confident that they will reopen the case but how quick is the BIIIIIIG ?
so if any body come across the cases reopened after recvng caseclosure letter pls post it here ....

DilliBabu said:
i asked my HR to called 202 no and it goes to VM and my HR left the message and also my attorney called PBEC also but no use....my attorney is very confident that they will reopen the case but how quick is the BIIIIIIG ?
so if any body come across the cases reopened after recvng caseclosure letter pls post it here ....
My attorney sent a reopen request email on Aug 4 on the presumption that case may have been closed. On Aug 17 I found out through the 202 number that my case was indeed closed in June 2006, but was reopened on Aug 7 (no response to reopen request, though). Meanwhile, my attrorney sent another reopen request on Aug 15.

There was no response to the initial reopen email, but the second one got a reply on Aug 21, saying the reopen request was denied since case was already open.

I am assuming they opened my case based on Aug 4 request (which went unreplied), and replied to Aug 15 email with "denied".

Bottomline is, your case is probably reopened, and you might receive a reply to the reopen email soon. Meanwhile, continue trying to get info from the 202 number.

Joined the club

After several of my co-workers' cases were approved recently with similar or even later PD, I've been anxiously waiting for my turn. Well, today I found out my case was instead closed this week :mad:

Corporate attorney acted pretty quickly this time and called BEC right away. They found out BEC did receive 45-day letter response back in June but still closed the case blaming a mailroom glitch. Attorney sent email to request reopen, which I'm relatively confident will eventually go through, but guess there is another month or more before I hear anything.

Time to enjoy my new mountain bike and the last month of Summer. Sigh.

How to know case is reopend

Hi Gurus,

Can any one get me the 202 phone number for checking the status of case reopening?

My case was closed and emailed for reopening. Then after a month we have received 45 day letter and we have sent it immediately.
Before getting 45 day letter I have received a email stating that my case cuurently awaiting for further review.
Is 45 day letter receipt is the further review? Does that mean my case is opened? How to check the case staus that my case is opened and being processed?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

We received confirmation email that my case was reopened within a couple of days. The status database now shows Data Review.

If you have your case number, check the online status database which appears to be pretty accurate. If you still want to call 202 number, you can search the Philli or Dallas thread which has the number all over the place.

http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm

Help! What is the correct ETA case number?

Hi, everyone:

My employer need to send an-email to request to reopen my case. It is required to provide the correct ETA case number? What is that? I found an OMB XX-RXXXX on the right upside corner of ETA form. Is that the ETA case number? Anybody has a clue what is the correct ETA case number?

Also anybody has an experience to reopen the case? How long does it take usually?

Thank you very much.

PD 12/20004
EB2, RIR
Closed
Edit/Delete Message

My case was closed in February and probably reopened in April.
We got a 45 day letter in May and replied it within a week.
This morning when I checked the online status it was still showing "Data Review".

Don't know when they will put my case into "In Process" queue.

Case closed

Hi,
I checked the status of my application today and it says case is closed.My lawyer says he has sent them a letter.Do you know how long will it take for them to re-open the case.I am very much worried.

Shaila

Has anyone recently seen an approval of a reopened case which was closed in error? Either PBEC or DBEC? Many people have seen their cases changed from either "closed" or "data review" to "in process," then nothing.

My Labor pending in DBEC from Dec 2004 is showing as "Closed" online.

45-day letter was received in July 2006 and replied.

Attorney sent a letter in Sep 2006 to DBEC to reopen the case.

Does any one know how long it may take to reopen the closed case?

Anyone case closed to opened?

Does anyone got thier case closed to open? How long did it took? My case is closed for last 2 months and attorney have no details about it than an automated answer, we requested for re-open.

Thanks,

Oct 2003 NJ

Hi They may take two weeks to 10 months,
StruckCareer
45 days letter responded on Feb 28th 2006
Due to PBEC error the closed my case & got letter on may 22nd 2006
We responded on May 26th 2006, they opened the case in July 2006, still it is in DATA Review.

:)

Case status showing "CLOSED"

Hi Friends,

Pls see my signature for case details. My recruitment report was filed in end of Jan 07, till 03/13/07 morning case status was showing "In process" after noon it changed to "CLOSED" .

Really frustrated after wait of more than 4 years now. My company Lawyer responded to my email nothing to worry about, will check and update
In my case recruitment period went smoothly no resumes recieved.

Please post your experiences and suggestions.

Thanks.