case closed by error

How to get case reopening update?

skorpio said:
Many of you will be happy to read, I recently filed for and got extension for my 8th.year H1 while I am still waiting for my case to be re-opened.Recent update is that my case is in the reopening queue and supposed to be done "soon" .

They applied for the extension using the original labor filing receipt .

Hi Skorpio,

My case was closed and I understood from tele talk with PBEC. No 45 day letter received nor case closure letter. I have sent fax & mail, requesting to reopen the case which was closed in error. After that I have received a mail acknowledging the receipt of request of reopening case.

Can you please tell me how to get the case update? I have been trying to call them but getting diverted to recorded voice. For status e-mails the regular blabla is coming. Getting frustated how to know the update on the case reopening.

Info on Case Closer

I am also in the same situation, my company lawyer applied for reopening of the case on Apr 28th 2006 and my lawyer is following up with PBEC by calling them once in a week.

Hi Librau,

Did you or your lawyer spoke to PBEC ? Can you please give us some details about tele talk (Phone number Etc).

Thanks in Advance.

GC_NEED

The telephone to PBEC is 484-270-1500 . Try your luck by calling them. I understand that they are not responding when they sense the caller has Alien voice

librau said:
The telephone to PBEC is 484-270-1500 . Try your luck by calling them. I understand that they are not responding when they sense the caller has Alien voice

Thanks Librau, Let me check my Luck.

Any suggestions on how to deal with an accidentally closed LC case pending at PBEC?

Last edited by a moderator:
My case got closed too!

45 day letter received on 03/27/2006. (deadline 05/08/2006)
Replied on 05/02/2006.
Dalls BEC received the response on 05/03/2006, 10:04AM (from Fedex tracking)

Case closed letter received today (05/15/2006). :mad: :( :confused:

Priorty Date: 06/25/2003
State: CO
Case Number: D-05200-XXXXX
Regular/Traditional Labor

Reinstated

Hello all,

Today I was notified my attorney that they have received both official notification of my case's reinstatement and the 45 day letter.

My case was closed in February. Attoneys immediately sent a letter stating that the case had been closed in error.

Since then they called BPC every week. About a month ago we received unofficial notification that my case was in the process of being reinstated.

Good luck everyone.

JW

Notice of Case Closure

Hi,

I received a letter from DBEC yesterday sayiny my case is closed because there was no response for a RFE from my employer sent in March 29. My employer never received that mail. They have been receiving mail from USCIS.

Has this happened to any one?
Can my case be reopened?
What should be the next action?

My 6years will finish in Nov 2006. Already file for extn.

Please help!!

thanks
pva1972
:(

Closure issue reopened

Just got a message from attorney. My closure issue has been reopened.

Detailed information is as follows:
PD: Nov 02,
RD: Sep 03.
Closure: Feb 06.
Reopen: May 22 06.
RIR EP3 CA.

Do following

Do following immediately
1. Affidavit from employer that they didnot receive the RFE or whatever
2. Affidavit from Attorney that they didnot receive the RFE or whatever.

Send all these by FEDEX ASAP with cover letter from employer to ask BEC to reopen the case. They reopen the case in 2 months.

Send all the request letter to your senator and ask them to look into ur case. I am confident that they will look into this.

Thanks

pva1972 said:
Hi,

I received a letter from DBEC yesterday sayiny my case is closed because there was no response for a RFE from my employer sent in March 29. My employer never received that mail. They have been receiving mail from USCIS.

Has this happened to any one?
Can my case be reopened?
What should be the next action?

My 6years will finish in Nov 2006. Already file for extn.

Please help!!

thanks
pva1972
:(

case closure

Guys: My case below got closed in December 2005

Case type : RIR

P.D: MAY 2004

R.D: JUNE 2004

Regional Center: Chicago

Went to Dallas BEC

Recd. closure letter- december 2005. 45 day letter never recd.

Attorney shot a request to reopen with affidavits, etc. It has been 6 months.

Finally, attorney puts a congressional enquiry. The DBEC says THEY DO NOT HAVE A "CENTRAL POLICY" on reopening cases, and will keep the case closed till such a policy is adopted.

what next? anybody skorpio, any suggestions?

Approvals for closed cases.

I haven't seen an approval for a closed case. Mine was closed in Sep 05 and reopened in Nov 05 but still no information. Case status shows RIR in january.

PD: June 2003
Federal: June 2004
RIR
45 day letter recvd: Feb 05

Has anyone seen approvals for closed cases?

Certified.

Hi guys,

Forgot to post here.

Yesterday I received my approval.

My case was closed in February 2006.
I received unofficial confirmationn of reinstatement in April
Received official reinstatement and 45-day letter May 17.
Received approval June 22.

Good luck to all.

JW

Congrats, Justwatching. I'm happy for you, you deserve this after such a long wait. Please keep us posted about your future stages and keep contributing your valuable comments as always.

Stephen2000 said:
Thanks for the info, JustWatching. The policy will be interesting reading. I'm curious how one goes about proving that one never received a letter that was never sent.

Yeah that sucks, msubbu - you would think they would have nailed the erroneous closure bug by now.

More detail on my case - I'm in 7th year of H1B starting October 2005, applied for using the original receipt letter from the SWA, since we couldn't get a response from the usual email address. I'll need to file for 8th year starting this October again Don't know how we're going to do that with a closed case, although someone over at immigrationvoice.org forums suggests that the old SWA letter should work again.

AZ TR/EB3
ETA#: D-05145-xxxxx
PD: 10/1/04
Case status: no idea - no reply to emails
45 DL: never rcd
Case closed: 12/21/05 (for failure to respond to "letter" dated June 13 2005)
Hello Stephen,

Did your H1B get approved with the receipt from SWA as proof?
I'm in the same situation and would like to know what happened
to your case.

Thanks,
John

John,

My 7th year h1b was approved using the SWA receipt letter in oct 2005 - that was all we had at the time. Of course, I need to get approval for 8th year starting october 2006 - we haven't filed for that yet. I guess we'll do that a few months from now (my employer is a lot more relaxed about this stuff than I am - and they don't believe in using lawyers). Also, guess we're hoping for some development on the LC before then. I assume you've seen :-

http://www.uslawnet.com/Englishhome...essages/242.htm

Cheers,

Stephen.
pmt153 said:
Hello Stephen,

Did your H1B get approved with the receipt from SWA as proof?
I'm in the same situation and would like to know what happened
to your case.

Thanks,
John

Case Reopened

My case was closed in Mid-April 2006. I got notification today (July 11th, 2006) that my case has been reinstated.

Looking at this forum though, it seems like the timeframes for reopening/reinstating and approval seem random. Let's keep our fingers crossed ...

msubbu said:
My case was closed in Mid-April 2006. I got notification today (July 11th, 2006) that my case has been reinstated.

Looking at this forum though, it seems like the timeframes for reopening/reinstating and approval seem random. Let's keep our fingers crossed ...
Good news Msubbu!

And on the same day, good news for the rest of us..see "What's New":-

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

Stephen.