Card Tracker for PP Stamping in NOV, 2004.

Pruma

Registered Users (C)
Please post your details of PS done in November 2004.

PS for both: 11/08/04 :)

Thanks
Pruma

Pruma said:
Please post your details of PS done in November 2004.

PS for both: 11/08/04 :)

Thanks
Pruma

usnycus said:
Ps: 11/05/2004

Also, no LUD change after PS.

Guys,
Can you also please post where you got your pp stamped, and if u had infopass or walk-in. If possible a brief desc of your pp stamping experience.

Fedupofwaiting,

Here are the details. We did our stamping in IN today, I had taken 2 infopass appointment for today i.e. 11/08/04 one each for my wife and my self. Our appointment was at 7.30 AM and we were there by 7.15 AM. They just asked us for our Infopass receipt, passport, I-94 and Photos. The officer at the counter filled out a form and took our FP. He did not ask for any EAD’s or AP’s. It was a smooth and simple process and took probably less than 20 min for me and my wife. We went straight to the SSN office in the same building to remove the non-immigrant employment restriction. This process took another 30 minutes.

Thanks
Pruma

look at my signature....

Pruma,

'We went straight to the SSN office in the same building to remove the non-immigrant employment restriction. This process took another 30 minutes.'
What is the procedure to get it removed? Can tell me more detail about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check my Signature for the dates ....

Took separate info-pass appointments (self and wife) for Newark, NJ. Officer collected EADs, APs, Photos (2), Approval Notices, Info-pass Notices. Later, went to SSN office to remove the non-immigrant employment restriction.

Rajibda-> With H1-visa, you will have non-immigrant employment restriction on your SSN and it is better to get removed soon. It is not urgent, though.
Procedure - Go to any SSN office and fill up a form (same as new SSN/replacement), wait for your turn (collect token, if necessary). Your old SSN will be taken away and you will be given an acknowledgement. You will receive the new one within 2 weeks.

rajibda,

You need to fill out a new form at the SSN office and the only things you have to show is your Passport with I551 stamps and tell them that you are a permanent resident now and the non-immigrant employment restriction should be removed from your SSN Card. We also have to surrender our old SSN Cards to be destroyed. We would get our new SSN cards with in 2 weeks as per the receipt given to me. I think the new card would have the same SSN number minus the employment restriction.

Pruma

Passport Stamped on Nov 1st, 2004 after the interview.

I have a question! What's the difference between I-551 Processed and I-551 Approved?

Newark PP stamping

Passport Stamping Date - 11/3/04

My experience at Newark was horrible. First the line (which is fine). I went on Wednesday because its Walk In day. Naturally without an appt, my turn took for ever. The lady who was issuing numbers took my passport and started chit chatting with the others, so people behind me got numbers issued to them before me. Then finally after three hours my turn came around, and the lady asked for my PP, I-94, and pictures. Then she asked me for my EAD and AP. I told her I am on H1, and she kept insisting that I still need to surrender my EAD and AP. Again without fighting I explaned to her that I was on H1 and didn't have EAD or AP. After 10 minutes of back and forth, she took my PP and went inside and told me to have a seat. She didn't fill out my Greencard application infornt of me or anything. After another hour or so a different lady came out with my passport and showed me the stamp and told me that I was all set. I asked if they had filled out my form, and all she said was that everything was taken care of. I really hope she filled out my form, because my LUD hasn't changed since the approval notice.

They should have taken signature and finger print during stamping.

yankees said:
Passport Stamping Date - 11/3/04

My experience at Newark was horrible. First the line (which is fine). I went on Wednesday because its Walk In day. Naturally without an appt, my turn took for ever. The lady who was issuing numbers took my passport and started chit chatting with the others, so people behind me got numbers issued to them before me. Then finally after three hours my turn came around, and the lady asked for my PP, I-94, and pictures. Then she asked me for my EAD and AP. I told her I am on H1, and she kept insisting that I still need to surrender my EAD and AP. Again without fighting I explaned to her that I was on H1 and didn't have EAD or AP. After 10 minutes of back and forth, she took my PP and went inside and told me to have a seat. She didn't fill out my Greencard application infornt of me or anything. After another hour or so a different lady came out with my passport and showed me the stamp and told me that I was all set. I asked if they had filled out my form, and all she said was that everything was taken care of. I really hope she filled out my form, because my LUD hasn't changed since the approval notice.

FP and Signature

They did take my fingerprints and signature when I initially standing in line for a number

Hi!
Today I got stamping on my passport at Newark,NJ using info pass appoinment. It took around 1 and half hrs. Just before the stamping they did the name check again -it took about 10 minutes. That was the most stressful moment in this whole stamping procedure! Otherwise it was cool.
Ritual is not over yet- wait for the actual plastic card!
Rajan
EB1-OR
I-140: RD-July 15,2002
I-140:AD-June 28,2004
I-485:RD(online)ecember 11 2002
I-485:RD(action notice):November 15 2002
I-485:ND(action notice)December 11 2002
IstFP-Feb 5 2003(LUD-Feb12 2003)
2ndFP-Sep 9 2003 (No LUD)
I485:AD-October 26 2004
PP stamping-November 09 2004

Today I got pp stamping done Arlington,VA using info pass appoinment. It took like an hr from walk-in to walk-out. They are really getting better. It was all cool. Stamping took like a couple min and rest all was waiting time, first to get token no and then to be called.

I-140:RD - May 2003
I-140:AD - March 23, 2004
I-485:RD - May 2003
FP - March 23, 2004
I-485:AD - October 29 2004
I-485 Approval letter receive date - November 4 2004
PP stamping - November 10 2004

Now waiting for the card.

Ps Stamping

I-485 Notice Date 11-JUN-03
I-485 approved on 25-OCT-04
Got Approval Leter on 29-Oct-04
Went to NY on 05-NOV-04 for Passport Stamping without InfoPass
Returned all APs and EADs
It took around 2 hrs to get it stamped for me and my wife
LUD did not change till now?
Waiting for Plasting Card.

No Change In Lud After Pp

All,

We had our PP Stamped last monday 11/08/04 but until now there is no change in LUD.

How long would it take to see some movement on our cases like LUD with 'Card Ordered' or just a change in LUD :) .

Thanks
Pruma

Hi All!

We finished our stamping at Newark,NJ using info pass appointment.
It took us around 1 and half hrs to finish the stamping.

-------------------------------------------
EB2, VSC

I-485, ND : June 16 2003
I-485, AD : October 21 2004
PP stamping : November 05 2004

LUD : No Change