Card Tracker for PP Stamping in NOV, 2004.

No LUD change

PP stamped 11/3/04, but no LUD change so far since the mailing of the approval notice.

Help on Confusion in Using InfoPass to Schedule Appointment

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and live within Washington DC regional office coverage area. My husband and my cases were just approved and ready to get our passports stamped.

Heard that we need to make an appointment at InfoPass in order to receive passport stamp, after giving our zip code, I saw following choices:

*) You need an immigration form.
*) You need to replace your Alien Resident Card.
*) You need to file an application for yourself or someone else.
*) You have a question about your case.
*) You wish to speak to an immigration officer.
*) It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card.

None of which seems intuitive to me and I did not see the "You have received an approval letter or Form 1-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp." choice quoted above.

I just wonder if anyone here could let me know which other option I could choose to make an appointment or it does matter much. I called the National Service Center and was once advised to select "You wish to speak to an immigration officer" choice. However, when I selected it, I received a message saying "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

Any suggestion please?

Secondly, does it imply that the physical green card cannot be ordered before approvee's passport gets stamped?

Many thanks.

PS date: 11/05/2004 (NYC)

LUD change: 11/15/2004 ..(I-824 might have caused it)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had same experience when I was trying to get appointment in NYC. After trying for couple of hours I gave up and when I tried few days later, it worked.

Also, I did stamping without InfoPass because date I got from InfoPass was 20 days later.

teene said:
However, when I selected it, I received a message saying "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

Any suggestion please?

Finally 10 days after stamping there is LUD change today for both of us but the message remains the same. :)

PS date: 11/08/2004

LUD change: 11/17/2004

Pruma

Changed to what?

saying they ordered the card??

Pruma said:
Finally 10 days after stamping there is LUD change today for both of us but the message remains the same. :)

LUD change: 11/17/2004

Pruma

Cole,

I am seeing the same message as shown below since October 25, 2004. It did not change with the LUD change today. I hope message would change as Card Ordered soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This case has been approved. On October 25, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Thanks
Pruma

Please Clarify

Hi Pruma and all folks in this forum,

When mentioning the non-immigrant employment restriction, do you refer to the sentence, "Valid for work only with INS authorization", or similar, appeared on the SSN card?

If so, does (almost) every USCIS regional office have a SSN office nearby to conduct the change at one time (i.e. PP stamp trip) or is there any general guideline to follow somewhere?

Thank you.

Pruma said:
rajibda,

You need to fill out a new form at the SSN office and the only things you have to show is your Passport with I551 stamps and tell them that you are a permanent resident now and the non-immigrant employment restriction should be removed from your SSN Card. We also have to surrender our old SSN Cards to be destroyed. We would get our new SSN cards with in 2 weeks as per the receipt given to me. I think the new card would have the same SSN number minus the employment restriction.

Pruma

got PP stamping 11/04/04. No LUs so far.

Do we really need to remove employment restriciton on SSN?

thanks
Gcard600

I haven't done it myself. I will go to the SS office once spouse is in US. I am still in process of getting her here through FTJ.

You can do that whenever you have a free time. Most people do it right after getting GC approved.

gcard600 said:
Do we really need to remove employment restriciton on SSN?

Gcard600

Teene,

As far I know you can go to any SSN office to get the employment restriction removed and I believe every official in any SSN would know what to do. You just have to say “I need you to remove the employment restriction from my SSN Card” and he would just ask the I 551 stamp on your passport to get the process completed.

I do not know if every USCIS has a SSN office nearby or not, in my case I just searched for a SSN office near the USCIS office and happened to find one in the same building. There is no guideline or rule that you have to go to a particular SSN office.

Pruma

Thank you, Pruma, for your detailed explanation.

In regarding to the new SSN card, would it be a completely new SSN or just a new card with your existing SSN but with those restriction words removed?

Additionally, will candidate be able to choose any other regional office other than the one specified on the approval notice, if that specified office was not accessible within near future for PP stamp appointment?

Pruma said:
Teene,

As far I know you can go to any SSN office to get the employment restriction removed and I believe every official in any SSN would know what to do. You just have to say “I need you to remove the employment restriction from my SSN Card” and he would just ask the I 551 stamp on your passport to get the process completed.

I do not know if every USCIS has a SSN office nearby or not, in my case I just searched for a SSN office near the USCIS office and happened to find one in the same building. There is no guideline or rule that you have to go to a particular SSN office.

Pruma

For PS, I think you can only go to the office printed on the approval letter.

Regarding SS card, you will be getting a new card with old number and restriction (if any) removed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
SS Office issue three types of Social Security cards depending on an individual's citizen or non-citizen status and whether or not a non-citizen is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to work in the United States.

1. The first type of card shows the individual's name and Social Security number only. This is the card most people have and reflects the fact that the holder can work in the U.S. without restriction. We issue this card to:

- U.S. citizens, or

- Non-citizens who are lawfully admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence, or who have permission from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to work permanently in the U.S., such as refugees, asylees and citizens of Compact of Free Association countries.

2. The second type of card bears, in addition to the individual's name and Social Security number, the legend, "NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT." We issue this card to non-citizens who:

- don't have DHS permission to work, but are receiving a federally-funded benefit; or

- are legally in the U.S. and don't have DHS permission to work but, are subject to a state or local law which requires them to provide a SSN to get general assistance benefits.

3. The third type of card bears, in addition to the individual's name and Social Security number, the legend, "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION." We issue this card to people who have DHS permission to work temporarily in the U.S. If you’re a noncitizen, we must verify your documents with DHS before we issue a SSN card. We will issue the card within two days of receiving verification from DHS. Most of the time, we can quickly verify your documents online with DHS. If DHS can’t verify your documents online, it may take several weeks or up to three months to respond to Social Security's request.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

In regarding to the new SSN card, would it be a completely new SSN or just a new card with your existing SSN but with those restriction words removed?

This would a new card with the restriction removed

Additionally, will candidate be able to choose any other regional office other than the one specified on the approval notice, if that specified office was not accessible within near future for PP stamp appointment?

For PS, I think you can only go to the office printed on the approval letter.

For PP Stamping as far as I know you can to any office and in my case my approval letter had the Kansas Address and I went for stamping in Indianapolis and I had no problem.

Pruma

Thank Pruma, for sharing your experience. Also thank usnycus for the SSN card clarification.

PS date(for both): 11/10/2004 (Albany,NY)

LUD change for spouse: 11/17/2004

AR-11 forms sent on 10/18, Changed my address with USCIS over the phone on 10/22. But my 485 approvals went to my old address and returned to USCIS. I had initiated an inquiry on my case on 10/22. The case inquiry letter was sent on 11/8/04 to my present address with my address on top of the letter but in the text of the letter it said my approval was sent to my old address. When I explained it to the officer she stamped both of our passports without approval letters. Will the plastic cards come to my present address or should I call the customer service to report my address change again. Please advise.

Anish

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD Change Again Today

LUD change: 11/17/2004, 11/18/2004

LUD change but there is no change in message.