Card received with wrong gender, now what?

I got an email today from USCIS that a new card has been ordered. It is under the 485 receipt number.

There were two LUD changes in the past two days and today the email came.

It does look like a 6-week frame.

Hopefully the new card has no error.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email today from USCIS that a new card has been ordered. It is under the 485 receipt number.

There were two LUD changes in the past two days and today the email came.

It does look like a 6-week frame.

Hopefully the new card has no error.

I think your case was Family based. For employment based cases if one find wrong info on GC from USCIS side then one need to file I-90 with Option D with service center that approved the I-485 and USCIS don’t send any receipt of I-90 filing with D option and it takes around 6 month for the new corrected Card

Just to follow up. Got 2nd email notification for card production on October 10. Finally I received the card on October 16.

I also received a letter same as zoelee's. I am just so glad it is over.

Green Card arrived with wrong residence date

I got my green card through asylum and after long wait I received my green card in May of 2005. The date on the approval notice matches the day on the green card. I didn't bother with it until I applied for reentry permit and learned that my residence date is different from the one printed on the green card.
I called USCIS and spoken with several immigration officers and each of them told me different answer. Since I have to fill out form I-90 based on a card that is incorrect on an account of USCIS error, I do not have to pay for biometric and application fee. I wrote a cover letter that I have chosen option "D" and mentioned that the residence since date is different from the one printed on the green card. I have mailed the completed I-90 with the original green card and with all the supporting documentations including the I485 mailer that previously came with the green card.
I do not know how long it will take to process green card replacement. I sent mine to the Nebraska service center since my original green card came from there. Has anyone experienced similar situation like me? Since I do not have a passport, I was given a temporary green card valid for a year by going to the local INS field office.

Green Card with wrong admission date

I got my green card through asylum and after long wait I received my green card in May of 2005. The date on the approval notice matches the day on the green card. I didn't bother with it until I applied for reentry permit and learned that my residence date is different from the one printed on the green card.
I called USCIS and spoken with several immigration officers and each of them told me different answer. Since I have to fill out form I-90 based on a card that is incorrect on an account of USCIS error, I do not have to pay for biometric and application fee. I wrote a cover letter that I have chosen option "D" and mentioned that the residence since date is different from the one printed on the green card. I have mailed the completed I-90 with the original green card and with all the supporting documentations including the I485 mailer that previously came with the green card.
I do not know how long it will take to process green card replacement. I sent mine to the Nebraska service center since my original green card came from there. Has anyone experienced similar situation like me? Since I do not have a passport, I was given a temporary green card valid for a year by going to the local INS field office.
Any info would be highly appreciated.