Card production ordered

Thanks Jack for your quick response, I feel it will be fair to both employers/employees if USCIS comes up with a memo that for employment based adjustments a minimum of 6 months must be served by the employee any time from the day of filing I-485.

Green card provides freedom to set-up ones own company and progress in life, all these 6 months rules post GC approval are retrogressive.

Let us discuss some cases here :

Case I :
A case where employee has worked for more than 6 months(it may be 5 years also) with the sponsoring employers prior to GC approval and it will be a burden for him/her to serve additional six months simply for the fact that GC got approved.

Case II :
Cases where the employee never worked for the sponsoring employer prior to GC approval.

Case III :
Cases where the employee has worked for just 3 months and his/her GC got approved.

Ideally :
Applicants coming under case I must be exempt from 6 months rule
Applicants coming under case II must serve 6 months post GC
Applicants coming under case III must serve 3 months post GC

sivaguru & Jackolantern

First things first; Congratulations Jack on getting the plastic cards in your hand, finally. Very happy for you.

On the topic of sticking with the same employer after GC approval and AC21, I compliment both sivaguru & Jackolantern for debating the same on this thread. Employment based GCs may be far less in number in comparison to other types of GCs. However, when you combine the H visas to EB numbers, the number of employees the employers get to exploit for a number of years is huge, even in comparison to family based GC applicants. And that is the bottomline, to exploit the immigrant employees as long as possible.

sivaguru - Good job on the 3-Case analysis. Your suggestions are too good to be considered to be implemented by USCIS.

Sincerely - IE

We received green cards today. Is permenet resident stamp is must in passport? If not, can I still have passort stamp and I want to use it to enter into US incase I loose green card when travel outside?

If it's not possible to have stamp in passport, how can I enter into US if I loose GC when I travel outside?

To add further, USCIS should issue greencard like a VISA stamp similar to H1B or L1 etc issued by consulates in the passport rather than a credit card style format which always has a potential for losing and maintaining them and travel with a sense of fear for the card holders.

seems like fear and an immigrants stay in US will continue for ever.

We received green cards today. Is permenet resident stamp is must in passport? If not, can I still have passort stamp and I want to use it to enter into US incase I loose green card when travel outside?

If it's not possible to have stamp in passport, how can I enter into US if I loose GC when I travel outside?

baby_mde,

Could you post, how many days exactly it took to receive the physical card after the "card production ordered email"?

I recived 3 emails ..
7/18 -- Welcome notice sent (first email)
7/19----Card production ordered
7/23 ----Approval notice sent.

Based on that when I can recive the actual card...? I am about to give "move out" notice to my apartment as I am planning to move new apartment by 8/15. Will I recive the card before that time?

Last edited by a moderator:
In most cases the card arrives in 2 weeks or less after the "card production" email. However, some unlucky people still wait more than a month. If you wait that long without receiving the card, you can go for passport stamping.

baby_mde,

Could you post, how many days exactly it took to receive the physical card after the "card production ordered email"?

I recived 3 emails ..
7/18 -- Welcome notice sent (first email)
7/19----Card production ordered
7/23 ----Approval notice sent.

Based on that when I can recive the actual card...? I am about to give "move out" notice to my apartment as I am planning to move new apartment by 8/15. Will I recive the card before that time?

We also received 3 mails - card production ordered, aproval notice sent and Cards mailed. From card production ordered, 8th day we received cards. My son did not get it yet almost 2 weeks passed.

Congrats on your approval Jack. Wishing you the best. Sorry for the late wishes as I have been a busy bee.

On a lighter note Unlike you, I wish I could retain all that I read, but then there is no space left in my cranium(too much void there). I always keep looking at your posts. All the best, Take care and keep up the good work.

Regards,
GCVaruma.