Card/Document Production - I485...so soon?

JMPC

Registered Users (C)
I'm a USC. Married to an Argentine.

Sent our I-485, I-130, I-131, and I-765 in on March 28.

Received texts/email's April 4th receiving my receipt numbers, etc.

I checked the status a few days ago and saw this for both I485 and I765.:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Card/ Document Production

On April 25, 2012 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

We didn't do fingerprints or an interview or anything. Am I missing something here????

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a USC. Married to an Argentine.

Sent our I-485, I-130, I-131, and I-765 in on March 28.

Received texts/email's April 4th receiving my receipt numbers, etc.

I checked the status a few days ago and saw this for both I485 and I765.:

We didn't do fingerprints or an interview or anything. Am I missing something here????

The valid filing for adjustment entitles the alien spouse to work authorization and usually advance parole. Her Combo Card is in the mail. It should be an EAD also good for travel. Travel is not advised IF she was out of status for 180 days or more prior to filing for adjustment of status.

The valid filing for adjustment entitles the alien spouse to work authorization and usually advance parole. Her Combo Card is in the mail. It should be an EAD also good for travel. Travel is not advised IF she was out of status for 180 days or more prior to filing for adjustment of status.

EAD & AP combo card, and the GC both have the picture taken during fingerprinting and a fingerprint. If you didn't have any fingerprinting done, there must be a mistake somewhere. By now, you should have received a fingerprinting appointment. Perhaps get an InfoPass appointment and have a word with an officer regarding the online update. USCIS has made delays/mistake in updating the online content, so wouldn't hurt to check.

Thanks for the tip; thought it seemed to good to be true. We still haven't received an appointment letter for fingerprints and whatnot. I'll make an Infopass appt and see what's going on.

Thanks again.

EAD & AP combo card, and the GC both have the picture taken during fingerprinting and a fingerprint. If you didn't have any fingerprinting done, there must be a mistake somewhere. By now, you should have received a fingerprinting appointment. Perhaps get an InfoPass appointment and have a word with an officer regarding the online update. USCIS has made delays/mistake in updating the online content, so wouldn't hurt to check.

Please direct my attention to where it says that biometrics are required for an EAD? I cannot find that anywgere.

Card/ Document Production

On Nov 30th 2012, we recieved a mail from the USCIS showing our Green Card status as " Card/ Document production".
Can someone tell me what it means?
Is GC on the way??

I have received the same. On my I-485
“Card/Document production”
I haven't had interview yet.
Also received on the same day “initial review”.
What does it mean?