Capital Raise for EB-5

invistus

Registered Users (C)
Regarding source of funds, does capital raised through angels and VC's count towards the $500K or $1MM investment. Or is it that the funds really need to belong to you.

Regarding source of funds, does capital raised through angels and VC's count towards the $500K or $1MM investment. Or is it that the funds really need to belong to you.

You need to provide "funds at risk". You can't just aggregate other people's money.

If investor's make investments into my business entity without any controlling stake, money essentially is being put at risk with me. This "aggregated" money is therefore mine since there will be no recourse. Would this scenario qualify?

If investor's make investments into my business entity without any controlling stake, money essentially is being put at risk with me. This "aggregated" money is therefore mine since there will be no recourse. Would this scenario qualify?

It looks like they're investing, not you.

Actually I think your point is correct. This scenario will qualify under the proposed Start-up Visa Act EB-6, not the EB-5 version.

Actually I think your point is correct. This scenario will qualify under the proposed Start-up Visa Act EB-6, not the EB-5 version.

Pretty sure that under that scenario he will still have to put money of his own in as an angel investor but it's moot since it's not law.

EB-5 has to be your own money though or money gifted to you or money that that you obtain from loan against a personal asset etc.