can't help - have to say this - saras and other 'experts' please read

unitednations said:
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/763852/000095015204001707/l05136anvcsrs.txt

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1010296/000095011704002541/a37957.txt

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/832544/000119312504060624/dncsrs.htm

For three years, I have remained anonymous like most posters. Many people have call me and e-mailed me. A lot of people know who I am all about.

When peple get into juvenile postings, I tend to ignore them.

However, nyc I'm sure you are aware of the Securities and Exchange Commission. I have posted three links above which you can feel free to put in your browser. Go to the very end of the links and you will find my name.

I used to be cfo/treasuer/sox certifying officer on over $200 billion in mutual fund assets. The three links; first one is Onegroup (now JP Morgan), shareholder report, second one is HSBC, third one is Amsouth (techy, i see you live in Birmingham; i used to come to riverchase for board meetings and go golfing at the country club. Nice course by the way). I could list many more banks but you get the jest of it.

JP Morgan and HSBC are two of the top 10 banks in the world.

I am not a low level IT person. I have lived at very high levels of corporate america. I know how the system works inside outside, up, down, backwards, forwards. The people I know gives me a lot of access if I want to get an audience and get the right people to listen.,

When it comes to lobbying and talking to newspapers; who do you think will make more of a dent; person who served as CFO on two of the ten largest banks in the worlds mutual funds and certified the most f/s under SOX of anyone in USA in 2003 and 2004 or some low level IT programmers?

Because I know the system inside/out, I can make a dent if I wanted to. However, I have challenged people to come up with plausible reasons; because I can't in a way that would stand under scrutiny of the very smartest people in this country. Therefore, if you want to lobby or take a certain course without understanding the types of questions, you will get, how to debate, etc. then you are going to fail.

I only posted here because it seems that you think I am hurting the process or am free and clear from the greencard and somehow have a hidden agenda.

UN,
You are accomplished and helpful to a lot of people on the forum and otherwise. I never doubted that anyways. I don't have anything personally against you, saras or techy and understand that your comments
may be helpful in debates etc as and when it comes up.

What I was questioning was everybody's motivation not to act upon
the problems with the process and keep analyzing the whole process to
no particular end.

I don't want a GC but I would prefer an EAD. Due to retrogession, I think
there are hundreds of qualified people that are stuck.
Letting people apply for 485 and getting EAD's is probably something that
the USCIS can do by itself. This is also part of the SKIL bill.
The Congress seems to be in an agreement upon this. This is in itself
a 'favor' that the govt. has done to all the non-acting, miserable people
who keep on looking up visa bulletins but do not act.

I don't know why people keep on discussing this issue rather than
trying to do something. I also see very little support for IV's
efforts for most of its activities.

I am against this 'attitude'/inaction. It is not totally about success either. It is only about not doing anything and looking up visa bulletins every month.

The question is are we being smart by analyzing every action or are we not
by not acting at all.

I can debate the pros and cons of immigration but that is not my expertise. I can act though for what I believe makes sense and hopefully there are other people who would like to do the same.

Hopefully you can suggest something to this end.

Thanks

United Nations

I agree. Thanks for the reply. And many thanks for your valuable general statement. I appreciate your stand on transparency and moral character.

unitednations said:
People have generally lost their minds over retrogression.

This is a general statement but:

Some people like to act like the "good guys" under their real ID's. Then they have other ID's and they switch them and post what they really want to say.

Catdog doesn't have much credibility. Too much inconsistencies in person's postings.

NYC.......so you are frustrated at the inaction by your fellow beings......only if we knew the answer to it....

how to make all those people who are waiting and doing nothing.......what goes on in their mind that they cannot contribute towards their own good......

i have no clue......anyone knows how to make backboneless people to wake up and join hands...

people atleast make this pledge.....to show your support for this cause...use a anonymous email id and handle to hide your identity...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1205

UN.....can i ask you something.......

are you involved in IV action to correct this broken system.......if not can you state your reason??

I am not involved in IV....my reason was when they started IV way back in dec 05/jan 06, they had a very short sighted approach........they used to say that they will get a bill passed in senate in 2-3 months........i am sure they know better now that this fight is more of a long term battle.

but i appreciate their effort to keep something moving even though the support from the community is pathetic. (less than 2000 active members.......and there are supposed to be atleast 200k people waiting for GC..)

i hope to become a active participant after couple of months when things will settle down in my personal domain...

you got it UN..........i do agree with you that there is no valid reason why USA is losing by not giving us GC....

H1B gets exahausted day one of the start of financial year.....new H1Bs coming just because of increase in saving potential...
F1 students are still coming in hordes......
Australia, Canada have friendly immigration....but economy/jobs are nowhere compared to usa.....infact as of now india's job market is better (in IT) than australia's

in other words they dont need us.........we badly want them to take us in......but people somehow dont have this perspective.......

but i do beleive that if 200k people got together and we have a legitimate cause....it can be acheived........but so far....not more than 2k people participate in anything.....

unitednations said:
If you go through my postings for the past few months; everytime someone thought they should get a greencard; I would ask to come up with valid reasons. When you want to lobby you need to have valid reasons that are within the law and in this countries best interests. To get legislators to listen there has to be a comprehensive study by a by-partisan group.

Study would entail:

Are people not coming to USA due to greencard issue.

Statistics would have to be shown regarding students coming on f-1 verus prior years when greencard visa dates were current.

Are people not coming on temporary non immigrant visas because they won't be able to adjust status (h-1b quota would go unused).

Are other countries such as Canada, Australia, England picking up more people compared to prior years which is directly correlated to drop off of peole coming to USA.

Once the above is correlated, studied and valid conclusions can be made then you have a strong stand.

However, from everything I know; if a study is done such as this; the results would not be favorable.

I haven't complained because I haven't done anything. For people who do complain, I ask them what have they done. It is easy to complain and not do anything about it.

I don't go to IV web-site so I don't know how they are trying to tackle the problem or if they have addressed these types of issues.

UN,

I appreciate your knowledge on this issue, just to add to supply/demand theory, one needs to look at recent past, I have been here since 1998(I screwed myself on my first GC), I did see how GCs were issued during dotcom boom, there was much demand those days, also tech companies were heavily lobbying for pro-legal immigration, however these days, tech companies want more Indians to work in India, my company is finding it really hard to recruit in Bangalore, so they are almost matching US salary to go work in India, they really don't care about GC or H1, if they need you here they can bring one on L1(magic word these days).

so my point is it's just not supply/demand but also got to do with political will, current lobbying firm etc.

However

I totally agree. Offshoring is just at the beginning now. Once things really take off, you will see losts of services being outsourced.
I can give you an example:

I work in the public sector. Years ago I thougth that was not possible expect that my public sector organization would offshore things. Now we are discussing ways to let more than 15,000 students access e-mail, and the idea of outsourcing this instead of housing the e-mail in-house came up. Chances are the e-mail service provider will be running the e-mail solution from India or China.

guldukan said:
UN,

I appreciate your knowledge on this issue, just to add to supply/demand theory, one needs to look at recent past, I have been here since 1998(I screwed myself on my first GC), I did see how GCs were issued during dotcom boom, there was much demand those days, also tech companies were heavily lobbying for pro-legal immigration, however these days, tech companies want more Indians to work in India, my company is finding it really hard to recruit in Bangalore, so they are almost matching US salary to go work in India, they really don't care about GC or H1, if they need you here they can bring one on L1(magic word these days).

so my point is it's just not supply/demand but also got to do with political will, current lobbying firm etc.

However

It is sad

Name any ONE big employer who is ready to lobby for GC process. There is none. Nobody cares for gc process.

How long person is going to wait for I-485 to file, if PD is 01/2006. May be 2-3 years. This is what making most people frustrated.

I hope they allow to file I-485 even if PD is not current.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, and this ain't legal advice, its just my opinion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So what are you going to do about it?

desi3933 said:
Name any ONE big employer who is ready to lobby for GC process. There is none. Nobody cares for gc process.

How long person is going to wait for I-485 to file, if PD is 01/2006. May be 2-3 years. This is what making most people frustrated.

I hope they allow to file I-485 even if PD is not current.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

a study like you have proposed if carried out at this time would perhaps produce unfavorable results.
It will take some years for the effects of the current backlog could be realized.
I think immigration is just one of the factors behind the economic success of this country.
unitednations said:
If you go through my postings for the past few months; everytime someone thought they should get a greencard; I would ask to come up with valid reasons. When you want to lobby you need to have valid reasons that are within the law and in this countries best interests. To get legislators to listen there has to be a comprehensive study by a by-partisan group.

Study would entail:

Are people not coming to USA due to greencard issue.

Statistics would have to be shown regarding students coming on f-1 verus prior years when greencard visa dates were current.

Are people not coming on temporary non immigrant visas because they won't be able to adjust status (h-1b quota would go unused).

Are other countries such as Canada, Australia, England picking up more people compared to prior years which is directly correlated to drop off of peole coming to USA.

Once the above is correlated, studied and valid conclusions can be made then you have a strong stand.

However, from everything I know; if a study is done such as this; the results would not be favorable.

I haven't complained because I haven't done anything. For people who do complain, I ask them what have they done. It is easy to complain and not do anything about it.

I don't go to IV web-site so I don't know how they are trying to tackle the problem or if they have addressed these types of issues.

Rose101 said:
Did you make catdog for it or how come you are close to catdog? How mean use of caliber. What is the true color?
What are saying philosopher? Use simple language. I am not close to him but u look from the same breed.

Let USCIS screw themselves.. got to move on..

Most people are frustrated by the whole retrogression and delays in processing. I am frustrated too. But then, to overcome this frustration, I have chosen to do a course in Associates Degree in Nursing and go for the board exam to get the RN certification. It may take max 2 years if I do it will dedication. It will all be done on a part time basis (and on a voluntary work basis for practical nursing experience in a hospital). The school is 10 min away from my home.

A lot of people think that they are not "in it" due to the nature of the job. If they open their eyes and see what different types of jobs they can do while in a nurse's profession, they'll be surprised.

When I look back at the amount of time spent reading and speculating about visa bulletins, I think that I could have done something that could've added to my skills that are in demand here and could help me reach my goals.

Instead of complicating life figuring out ways to get closer to GC and be at the at the mercy of USICS and the employers, I would rather get a certifications that will bring me in the market that is in demand.

I hate to complain and point finger at people (USCIS and the employer) who were never competent and will never be at the first place to positively affect my life. I don't mind sacrificing my social life for a couple of years reading books related to nursing in the evening and reach a point where I can be eligible to file GC under Schedule A (which, very well, may be extented screwing other GC filers like us). Afterall some profession needs to take care of aging babyboomers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your comment
I hate to complain and point finger at people (USCIS and the employer) who were never competent and will never be at the first place to positively affect my life. I don't mind sacrificing my social life for a couple of years reading books related to nursing in the evening and reach a point where I can be eligible to file GC under Schedule A (which, very well, may be extented screwing other GC filers like us). Afterall some profession needs to take care of aging babyboomers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! Not to be sexist but I hope you are a guy. Would you like to work for my company. I can really use a 'Bi...' like you. With your attitude, somebody is going to screw you anyways!

Padosan said:
Most people are frustrated by the whole retrogression and delays in processing. I am frustrated too. But then, to overcome this frustration, I have chosen to do a course in Associates Degree in Nursing and go for the board exam to get the RN certification. It may take max 2 years if I do it will dedication. It will all be done on a part time basis (and on a voluntary work basis for practical nursing experience in a hospital). The school is 10 min away from my home.

A lot of people think that they are not "in it" due to the nature of the job. If they open their eyes and see what different types of jobs they can do while in a nurse's profession, they'll be surprised.

When I look back at the amount of time spent reading and speculating about visa bulletins, I think that I could have done something that could've added to my skills that are in demand here and could help me reach my goals.

Instead of complicating life figuring out ways to get closer to GC and be at the at the mercy of USICS and the employers, I would rather get a certifications that will bring me in the market that is in demand.

Do what you have to ..

Padosan said:

padosan,

In my view you are doing the right thing. As you rightly said, the time wasted in trying to analyze this process can be used more fruitfully. Good luck with your certification.

cheers,

saras

What about new H1B

Begining Oct 1st(Next week) 85,000 new highly skilled H1B will be start working
across the country. They need GC also as quick as possible.

idog said:
Begining Oct 1st(Next week) 85,000 new highly skilled H1B will be start working
across the country. They need GC also as quick as possible.

Also, their dependents (could be 85,000 or more) will also need GC. Some of them may use LC-Sub to go ahead in line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saras Dukakis!

Saras,
Nothing wrong if padosan likes Nursing as a profession but it seems he/she wants it as a way to be in a 'hot market'/Nursing and get a GC. ;)
Your reply to padosan however reminds me of Gov. Dukakis's reply while running for President against Bush Sr. Question was, "if your wife/daughter gets raped what would you do as President". In your case you are Dukakis and padosan seems to be the 'daughter/wife'.
The reply changed the whole election.

I guess jab rape ho hi gaya hai why 'waste' time on it; better to accept it and move on and find ways to 'work' around it.

I guess you must be doing something similar; GC ke liye kuch bhi karega.
System ko beat kar ne ke liye, kudh ko hi change kar liya.
Stand up for yourself atleast dude! Don't try and make padosan like you.

saras76 said:
padosan,

In my view you are doing the right thing. As you rightly said, the time wasted in trying to analyze this process can be used more fruitfully. Good luck with your certification.

cheers,

saras

nyc8300 said:
Wow! Not to be sexist but I hope you are a guy. Would you like to work for my company. I can really use a 'Bi...' like you. With your attitude, somebody is going to screw you anyways!

:) I understand your frustration. It happens!

padosan what the gaurentee that by the time you are schedule A.....USA may have stopped caring for nurses.....because they may have an unlimited H1 quota for them...

nyc8300.....my sympathies with you.....you are indeed suffering a lot...